剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
尽管她现在十分健康
And while she is in fine health at the moment,
她的情况在十八个月前十分严峻
18 months ago, things were far more dire.
我重申一下
Again,
她现在十分健康
she has a clean bill of health today,
但她过去所得的这种致命疾病
but the often fatal disease she rallied against
有可能复发
often recurs.
现在 我可以传唤她的病史
Now, I could subpoena her medical history,
传唤她的医生做证人
get her doctors on the stand,
让相关专家来证实
get medical professionals to talk about
这种病复发的可能
the possibility of this disease recurring,
但我不想那么做
but I don't want to do that.
实上 哪怕我这么做了
Truth is, even with all that,
这个案子不管谁赢
this case could go either way, and the judge,
不管法官最后怎么判
whatever decision she makes...
都有一方将心碎
...at least one family is going to be heartbroken.
所以...
So...
我希望提出另一个解决方案
I'd like to propose a different solution.
罗德克的精♥子♥和伊丽莎白的卵细胞结合
We know the combination of Roderick's sperm
创造了一个美丽的 健康的婴儿
and Elisabeth's egg created a beautiful, healthy baby boy.
我们再造一个吧
Let's just do it again.
你开玩笑吧
You can't be serious.
我很认真
Oh, yes, I am.
萨美拉
Samara,
你因病已经无法排卵了 对吗
your disease left you with no eggs to fertilize, right?
所以只要伊丽莎白
So if Elisabeth
贡献一枚卵细胞...
was to donate an egg...
等等等等
Wait, wait, wait, wait.
这不是我们最初的目的 我们不想要这个
This is not why we're here. This is not what we came for.
等等
Hold on.
你想要我贡献一个卵细胞给沃顿夫妻
You want me to donate one of my eggs to the Waltons?
我只是在建议
I'm suggesting a way
这样大家都能满意
that might give everyone what they want.
但我为什么要同意让我的孩子
But why would I ever agree to have a child of mine
孤身一人 没有我养育陪伴
out in the world without me being able to raise him or her?
这正是我们上诉的原因
Exactly why we're here.
这就是我们对约瑟夫的想法
That's the way we feel about Joseph.
那你们为什么要
And what if
阻止对方见这两个孩子呢
you didn't shut each other out of either child's life?
每个家庭都可以养一个孩子
Each family raises a child
这个孩子有权知道
of their own, and that child would know
世界上还有其他人
that there were other people out there
爱着他 或她
who loved him or her.
比爷爷奶奶更好
Better than a grandparent,
另一对父母 还有一个兄弟姐妹
another parent, and a brother
如果你们不这样做 这些都不会存在
or sister who, otherwise, wouldn't be there.
我并不天真
Now, I am not naive.
我知道这个过程会很艰难 但是如果实现了...
I know that this is not gonna be easy, but the upside...
实现了这样的结果
...the upside
那将是多美好的局面啊
is so damn high up there...
我都想象不出来
...it's almost unimaginable.
这次的听证会证明了什么东西
Now, look, if this hearing has proven anything, it's that
那就是你们都是不完美的人
none of you are perfect.
但你们都是有爱的 体贴的人
But you are all loving, caring, good people,
你们都想给约瑟夫最好的
and you all want what's best for Joseph.
那么就给他来自四个
So why couldn't that be the love
不完美的人的爱吧
of four imperfect people?
和一个可以陪伴他一生的兄弟姐妹
And a sibling to go through the journey of life with?
法官大人
Your Honor,
在您做出判决前 我的委托人
before you render a decision, my client would
希望能在法庭发言
very much like to address the court.
沃顿夫妻反对吗
If the Waltons have no objection?
不反对 法官大人
We do not, Your Honor.
请继续
Mrs. McConnell?
法官大人
Your Honor.
在您做出判决之前
Um, before you render a decision,
我相信我们对这个案件
I think we've all collectively
都有了新的认识
come to a realization.
我是已经有了
I-I know I have.
我终于能明白沃顿
I can finally see why the Waltons
申请抚养权的理由了
felt the need to file for custody.
我很清楚...我们都很清楚
It's clear to me... Clear to us...
他们这么做是出于
That they're doing what they're doing
对约瑟夫无尽的爱
out of enormous love for Joseph.
我没办法阻止一个人
I don't know how to ask someone...
强行阻止一个人去爱他的孩子
Order someone to stop loving a child
哪怕不全属于他
who's at least partially theirs.
我不太明白你想说什么
I'm not sure I know where we're going.
我想说... 我们想说的是
What I'm proposing... Uh, what we're all proposing...
实际上这是布尔博士的建议
And, uh, really it's Dr. Bull's idea...
作为交换
Is that, in-in return
沃顿夫妇撤销抚养权申请
for the Waltons withdrawing their custody suit,
我贡献出一颗卵细胞
I'm prepared to donate one of my eggs
这样罗德克和萨美拉
so that Roderick and Samara
也能有自己的孩子
might have a child of their own.
你们同意吗
Are you on board with this?
同意 法官大人
We are, Your Honor.
我们认为她所提出的条件
We think it's a very kind, generous...
十分仁慈 慷慨
incredible offer.
除此之外 为了让约瑟夫认识他的四个父母
In addition, we would work out a visitation agreement,
我们会商定出一个拜访制度
so Joseph could know all four of his parents.
同样的
And likewise,
如果沃顿夫妻抚养这个伊丽莎白孕育的孩子
should the Waltons have a child that Elisabeth helped conceive,
我们也会定一个类似的协定
we pledge to work out a similar agreement for that child.
萨美拉和我还同意了
Samara and I have agreed
要主动帮助抚养孩子
to provide child support as well.
我们想让约瑟夫知道
We want Joseph to always know
不管他什么时候需要我们 我们都在
we'll be there for him in any way he needs.
我想澄清一下
Just to be clear,
这意味着你们要
does this mean you're withdrawing
撤销对抚养权的申请吗
your petition for custody?
是的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
律师
Counselor,
看来我们还有几件事要理清楚
looks like we've got a few things to figure out.
当然了
We certainly do.
- 明天早上电♥话♥联♥系♥ - 好的
- I'll give you a call in the morning. - That'd be terrific.
你提醒我了
And, uh, that reminds me,
我们需要定一下明天拜访的时间和地点
we need to set up a time and a place for tomorrow's visitation.
我在想 或许我们四个
Oh, I don't know, maybe the four of us
可以一边吃晚饭一边商量细节
could work out the details over dinner?
什么
Excuse me?
你们愿意和我们 还有约瑟夫一起吃晚饭吗
Would you guys like to join us and Joseph for some dinner?
十分愿意
We'd love to.
- 泰勒呢 - 我不知道诶
- Taylor? - Oh, I don't know.
我觉得你们应该好好跟新朋友相处
Seems to me like a dinner for new friends.
下次再找你吧
I'll get you next time.
那我们走吧
Shall we?
你怎么看
What do you think?
我们做了件好事吗
Did we do a good thing?
希望如此
I hope so.
我们做了对的事吗
Did we do the right thing?
我觉得是的
I think so.
我们尽力了吗
Did we do the best we could?
我们还是尽力了的
Yeah, we did the best we could.
我们现在只要等个二十年
Now we just have to wait 20 or so years
看看约瑟夫怎么想了
to find out what Joseph thinks.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表