剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
没人能比这位年轻的詹姆斯更了解
how tough the Elmasrys made it to get up on that roof
爬上艾梅斯瑞一家的房♥顶到底有多难
than anyone else alive.
抗♥议♥无效
Objection overruled.
你可以继续 科隆先生
You may proceed, Mr. Colon.
谢谢您 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
詹姆斯
Now, James,
你记得这个护栏吗
you remember this fence?
我不知道 好像记得
I-I don't know. I-I guess so.
让我帮你回忆吧
Let me refresh your memory.
这是一面十英尺高的护栏
It's a ten-foot fence.
如果不先爬过这个护栏
No way you could have gotten onto that roof
你不可能爬得上屋顶
without climbing this first.
你还记得护栏上的这串锁链吗
Do you remember this lock and chain around the fence?
我想... 我之前看到了
I-I think... I think I saw it there, yeah.
那这个警示牌呢
How about this sign?
不得擅入 私有财产 违反者将受到最大限度的法律制裁
你记得这个警示牌吗
You remember this sign? I mean, it was
它被大泛光灯照着
lit with a big floodlight.
应该不容易被忽视
Kind of hard to miss.
- 是 我想我看到了 - 你看到了
- Yeah, I think it was there. - You think so?
那么
Huh? Well,
那有警示牌 有灯光
so, there are signs, there are lights,
有锁链 还有十英尺高的护栏
there are locks, and there's a ten-foot fence.
你对于"我们不想你进去"有哪里不明白的吗
What part of "We don't want you here" Did you not understand?
我很抱歉 我没有得到回答
I'm sorry. I-I didn't hear an answer,
法官大人 尽管如此
Your Honor. Nonetheless,
我收回这个问题 然后继续另一个问题
I will withdraw the question and move on to something else.
詹姆斯 你见过这个吧
That look familiar, James?
是的
Yes.
你在那做了什么
So, what'd you do there?
你把垃圾箱搬起来靠着墙
You move that dumpster up against the wall,
然后跳在上面
and hoist yourself up on it,
让自己能够到梯子
pulled yourself up on the ladder?
让我提醒你 你可是宣了誓的
Let me remind you that you are under oath.
我还想告知你
I'd also like to inform you
当警♥察♥和医护人员在你坠落的那晚
that when police and paramedics reported
到现场时 他们发现
to the scene that night after your fall, they noted
这个垃圾箱就留在了你搬到的地方
that the dumpster was in the exact same place you left it...
靠着墙 在梯子下面
up against the wall, beneath the ladder.
他非常棒
He is very good.
我跟你说过吗 我在丛林里发现他的时候 他一♥丝♥不♥挂♥
Did I mention when I found him, he was buck naked in the woods,
但手里却捧着一本法律书
nothing but a law book in his hands?
所以我要再问你一遍
So I'm gonna ask you for the second time.
你有没有把垃圾箱搬到墙边
Did you push that dumpster up against the wall,
跳上垃圾箱
hoist yourself up on it,
爬上梯子
pull yourself up on the ladder
就为了接近那块
so that you could have access to the sign
飞毯披萨牌子呢
depicting the Flying Carpet Pizza slice?
是的 我做了
Yes. Yes, I did.
你做了
Yes, you did.
听上去即使是我
Doesn't sound like it was all that easy
想爬上去也不容易 对吧
to get up there to me, was it?
是的 不容易
No, it wasn't.
好 我对这位证人的询问到此结束
Okay. No further questions
法官大人
for this witness, Your Honor.
你可以离席了 年轻人
You're excused, young man.
谢谢你 詹姆斯
Thanks, James.
你能告诉我们你儿子的身体状况吗
Can you tell us about your son's physical
董纳番夫人
condition, Mrs. Donovan?
詹姆斯是... T9截瘫
James is a... T9 paraplegic.
他
He suffers
下半身和腿瘫痪了
from paralysis in his lower torso and legs.
那预后如何
And what's the prognosis?
医生们有没有说
Are the doctors offering any hope
也许他将来有能再次行走的希望呢
that he might some day be able to walk again?
不 不 他们没有
No. No, they're not.
詹姆斯几岁了
How old is James?
他十四岁了
Uh, he's 14.
还是个孩子
A child.
反对 这得由陪审团来决定
Objection. That's up to the jury to decide.
反对有效
Sustained.
那么 在他坠楼后
So, what's changed
你儿子的生活发生了什么改变呢
about your son's life since his fall?
老天
God.
一切
Uh... everything.
他 他不得不
He-He's had to relearn
重新学习
things.
怎么使用浴室
How to use the bathroom.
怎么上下车
How to get in and out of a car.
怎么让自己上下床
How to navigate getting in and out of his own bed.
有人帮他做这些事吗
And is there someone to assist him with these things?
只有我
Just me.
我不得不辞掉工作
I had to quit my job.
他 他不能独自一人
He, uh, he can't really be left alone.
我猜你可能
And I'm guessing you're staring
要负担很多新开支
at a lot of new expenses.
安装坡道来让轮椅在你家无障碍通行
Installing ramps to make your home wheelchair accessible?
买♥♥一辆合适的面包车
Buying an appropriate
来让你能送他
van so you can transport him places?
是的 我办理了房♥屋抵押贷款
Yeah, took out a homeowner loan.
虽然这不足以
They wouldn't give us enough
满足我们的所有需求
to do everything we needed,
但至少是个开始
but it's a start.
检查一遍 一号♥陪审员看上去
Double-check me. Juror number one looks like
想要为詹姆斯开♥发♥一个"为我资助"的网页
she's about to start a GoFundMe page for James.
我能告诉你什么
What can I tell you?
她的证词非常有效
This is very effective testimony.
如果我们现在对陪审团进行民♥意♥调查
If we polled the jury right now,
我们这边根本不可能赢
there is not a chance in hell of our side winning.
而且我不认为陪审团会倾向于同意
And I don't think this jury is inclined
只给两百万美元的裁决
to leave the award at just $2 million.
我暂时没有问题了
I have nothing further.
承认这是一场悲剧
Concede that this is a tragedy,
但提醒他们这不是艾梅斯瑞一家的错
but remind them that it's not the Elmasrys' fault.
董纳番夫人
Mrs. Donovan,
在你儿子遭受这场改变一生的事故前
before your son suffered these life-changing injuries,
他每天是怎么上下学的
how did he get to and from school every day?
他坐公交
He took the bus.
- 纽约城市公交 - 是的
- New York City bus? - Yes.
他是独自乘坐公交车的吗
And he traveled on public transit alone?
有时是
Sometimes.
那他也会独自坐地铁吗
Would he take the subway alone, too?
当然 有时候会
Sure. Sometimes.
你允许他在放学后
Did you allow him to hang out
和他的好朋友们闲逛吗
with his best friends after school?
当然
Of course.
没有大人陪同
Without adult supervision?
是 这取决于他们去哪儿
Depending on where they were going
以及想做什么
and what they were doing, yes.
现在 詹姆斯有一个两岁的妹妹 是吗
Ah. Now, James has a two-year-old sister, doesn't he?
简妮 她刚满三岁
Janie. Um, she just turned three.
我的错
Ah. My mistake.
詹姆斯以前会照顾她吗
And would James ever babysit her?
偶尔
Uh, from time to time.
所以你信任他能照顾幼儿
So, you trusted him with a toddler?
照顾他妹妹
With his sister.
- 完全相信 - 是
- Absolutely. - Yes, but
你觉得这些事可行
you felt comfortable doing this,
是因为詹姆斯是一个能负责任的年轻人
because James was a responsible young man.
你知道他会认真负责
You knew he would take his responsibility seriously,
并且你相信他的判断力 是吗
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表