剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
完美 欢迎加入我们 兰迪
Oh, my. Welcome aboard, Randy.
我一直在想明天怎么办
I've been thinking about tomorrow.
或许我们应该上来就
I think maybe we attack
攻击学校的陈述
the school's narrative right from the jump.
让那个医生把心杂音
Put our medical expert on first to dispel any idea
和安东尼的死因
that this supposed heart murmur had anything to do
联♥系♥起来的念头打消掉
with Antonio's death.
我不觉得 我倾向于
I don't know. I'm leaning towards
让安东尼的妈妈克劳迪亚
making Claudia, Antonio's mother,
- 来开场 - 为什么
- our opening act. - Why is that?
巴恩斯开始陈述的时候
When Dr. Barnes takes the stand,
我们不能让陪审团怀疑
the last thing we need is for the jury to be wondering
为什么当初加西亚一家没有通知学校心杂音的事
why the Garcias didn't fill in the school.
所以我们让克劳迪亚一开始就
So we put Claudia on first
直接说明为什么
and have her speak directly to it.
他们没告诉学校 是因为心杂音
They didn't tell the school, because the heart murmur
在安东尼三岁之后就消失了
disappeared sometime after Antonio's third birthday.
所以他们没通知学校 是因为那完全不用担心
So they didn't inform the school because it was a nonissue.
没错
Exactly.
然后让我们的法医来讲清楚心杂音的问题
And we'll drive the point home with our own medical expert.
加西亚夫人
Mrs. Garcia,
安东尼是在什么时候
at what age was Antonio diagnosed
被检查出有二尖瓣杂音的
with the mitral valve murmur?
就在他出生后不久
Shortly after he was born.
他们大概是在三个月左右发现的
He was three months when they first noticed it, I think.
当你收到诊断结果之后
And after you received that diagnosis,
你有发现过这个心杂音
were you aware of it manifesting itself
在你儿子身上有任何症状吗
in any way on your son?
他因此经受过任何痛苦吗
Did he exhibit any symptoms? Was he suffering in any way?
没有 从来没有
No. Never.
不过我们也预料到了
But we weren't surprised.
诊断出来的时候 医生告诉我们
At the time of the diagnosis, the doctors told us
这个心杂音对他
that in all likelihood,
完全不会有任何的影响
it would have no impact on him at all.
事实上 心杂音大多都会慢慢消失
In fact, in most cases, it actually disappears.
或者说"自己就解决了"
Or "Resolves itself,"
医生们大概是这么说的
which I think is how they put it.
加西亚夫人 你记得在给达威尔
Mrs. Garcia, do you recall submitting
提交入学资料时的
this health questionnaire to Dartwell
这份健康情况问卷吗
with Antonio's admission materials?
我记得
Yes, I do.
这份问卷问了
And on the questionnaire, it asks
这位学生是否曾被诊断出
if the student had ever been diagnosed
心脏病
with a heart condition.
而你回答了没有
And you answered no to that question.
- 不是吗 - 是的
- Didn't you? - Yes, I did.
你为什么这么做
Why would you do that?
你为什么不把心脏杂音的诊断写上去呢
Why wouldn't you include the information on the heart murmur?
当他五岁时
When he was five years old,
医生告诉我们杂音消失了
the doctors told us that it was gone.
他那时是没有心脏病的
He didn't have a heart condition.
好了 我明白了
All right, I understand that.
但是这个问题是问
But the question was asking if Antonio
安东尼是否曾被诊断出心脏病
had ever been diagnosed with a heart condition.
我想你也可以这么理解
I guess that you can read it that way.
说实话 我只是没这么想过
To be honest, I just didn't think about it.
当他刚出生 他们说他有杂音
When he was born, they said that he had something,
后来又说没有了
and then they said that he didn't.
所以在我看来 他没有了
So, in my mind, he didn't.
每年他都做体♥检♥
Every year, he had a physical.
甚至是在他入学之前
And even when the Dartwell Preparatory School's doctor
达威尔的医生也给他做了检查
examined him, before he began at that school,
他说我的儿子完全健康
he said that my son was completely healthy.
不过当然 没有一个医生会预料到
But of course, none of these doctors anticipated
我的儿子会被迫像一条狗一样
that my son would be made to run behind a school bus
穿上垃圾袋追在校车后面跑
in a garbage bag, like some kind of a dog!
法官大人 证人在煽动别人
Your Honor, the witness is being inflammatory.
她在揣测别人的想法
She's speculating about the thoughts of others.
她在假设事实而非指证
She's assuming facts not in evidence.
反对有效 陪审团将忽略刚刚的陈述
Sustained. The jury will disregard that last statement.
我问完了 法官大人
No further questions, Your Honor.
加西亚女士 在安东尼入学之前
Mrs. Garcia, before Antonio enrolled,
你们对达威尔摔跤队的
were you aware of how competitive
竞争程度有概念吗
Dartwell's wrestling team was?
我们知道他们得了很多奖
We knew that they won a lot.
我们知道胜利对他们很重要
We knew that winning mattered to them.
我们知道这也是他们想要
We knew that it was one of the reasons
我们儿子加入的一个原因
why they wanted our son.
而你们选择达威尔的一个原因
And it's one of the reasons that you wanted Dartwell,
是因为它是全州最好的学校之一
because it was one of the best in the state.
是 当然
Well, yes, of course.
每位父母都希望给自己的孩子最好的
Every parent wants the best for their child.
所以你们收到录取通知时肯定很激动吧
So you must have been thrilled when you got an offer from them.
是 我们感觉像是中了彩票
Yes. We thought we'd won the lottery.
我们
We?
是的 我们
Yes, we.
我们一家都很激动
The whole family was thrilled.
安东尼很激动 而我们为他而兴奋
Antonio was thrilled, and we were thrilled for him.
不仅仅是因为他能去摔跤
Well, and not just because he'd get to wrestle,
还因为他能得到好的教育
but he'd also get a better education.
甚至可能有机会去顶尖的大学
Maybe even a chance to go to a superior college.
当然
Yes, of course.
你们家以前有人上过大学吗
Has anyone in your family ever attended college before?
没有
No.
安东尼本来可以是第一个
Antonio would have been the first.
所以达威尔对安东尼是否
So there was a lot riding on Antonio's success,
能够成功有很大关系 不是吗
or lack thereof at Dartwell, wasn't there?
对于他 对于家庭
For him, for the family.
从任何孩子的角度想 是的
I would think for any child, yes.
现在 关于二尖瓣脱垂
Now, regarding the mitral valve prolapse,
问卷调查并非是你唯一的机会
the questionnaire was not the only opportunity you had
来说明这个状况 是吗
to disclose this condition, was it?
这没什么好说的
There was nothing to disclose.
你陪同安东尼去参加了学校的
You accompanied Antonio to his preliminary physical exam
初步体♥检♥
at the school.
你那时告诉了医生吗
Did you tell the doctor about it then?
没有 但是...
No, but...
你和达维斯教练也不止交谈过一次
You spoke to Coach Davis on no less than a dozen occasions.
你有没有跟他说过呢
Did you ever bring it up with him?
反对 法官大人
Objection, Your Honor.
这是问答环节
Asked and answered.
和不在场的达维斯教练无关
Not with regard to Coach Davis it hasn't been.
反对无效
Objection overruled.
请证人回答问题
The witness will answer the question.
这没什么好说的
There was nothing to bring up.
他的病已经好了
The condition no longer existed.
所以这就是你选择不在
And that's why you chose not to include it
- 问卷上写明的原因 - 是
- in the questionnaire. - Yes.
即使你知道达威尔摔跤队
Even though you knew how rigorous
有多严格
the Dartwell wrestling program was,
你也从没想过说明他有心脏病
you never thought to mention a heart condition?
这太鲁莽了 你不觉得吗
That's pretty reckless, don't you think?
但他没有心脏病
But there was no heart condition.
难道你没想过让安东尼做一次
Wouldn't you have wanted Antonio to have the most thorough
最彻底的体♥检♥吗
physical exam possible?
难道你没想过让医生知道
Wouldn't you have wanted that doctor to know
- 你儿子的所有情况吗 - 当然想过
- everything about your son? - Of course.
他们有没有问过你
Didn't they ask you whether he'd had
他是否得过麻疹还是腮腺炎吗
the measles or the mumps?
问过
Yes, of course.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表