剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
让肇事的女生对此负责
Make the woman who did this take responsibility for it.
而且你会是原告
And it will be you that's suing.
她得回答你的问题
She'll have to answer to you.
没问题
Okay.
还有点事
And there's some other thing
我一直想和你说
that I've been meaning to talk to you about.
亨瑞 你知道的
You know, your mom,
你妈妈很聪明
she was pretty smart, Henry.
她真的尽心尽力为你考虑周全
She really tried to think of everything when it came to you.
即使是像这样的悲剧
Even something as tragic as this.
她决定 如果她遭遇不测
And she decided, if something happened
她无法继续抚养你 她希望我来照顾你
and she couldn't take care of you, she wanted me to do it.
做你的监护人
To be your guardian.
我不明白 你要搬到丹佛去吗
I don't understand. You'd move to Denver?
也许不会 我也不知道
Probably not. I mean, I don't know.
我想一切皆有可能
I suppose anything is possible.
你知道吗 你妈妈想到这些事的时候
You know, when your mom figured all these things out,
我并不住在纽约
I didn't live in New York.
我还没有孩子
I didn't have a little boy.
你也不是12岁
You weren't 12.
实际上 我现在还不知道该怎么做
The answer is, I don't know... yet.
对你最有利的
Whatever turns out being best for you,
就是最好的选择
that's the answer.
那你打给谁了
So, who'd you call?
我朋友托比
My friend Toby.
还有 他告诉我他爸妈说
And, by the way, he said his parents said
我可以和他们一起住
I could live with him.
如果你不想搬去丹佛住的话
I mean, if you didn't move to Denver.
那太好了
Well, that's good. That's nice.
多点选择总是件好事
Options. It's always good to have options.
抱抱吗
Hug?
那么开始了
And thus it begins.
我们先从陪审团开始
Let's talk jury.
你我都知道 被告那边一定会向陪审团强调
Well, we know the defense is gonna make the jury aware
索尼娅已经认罪了
of Sonya's confession.
要么是在开庭陈述里 要么是在证词里
Either in their opening statement or through testimony.
所以我们得找出能够
So we need to try and identify people who will be able
揭开那个认罪真♥相♥的人
to see that confession for what it is:
真♥相♥就是他们在无限利用特权
the ultimate act of privilege.
一个被惯坏的孩子把她的"免罪金牌"借给了另一个
One spoiled kid lending another her "Get out of jail free" Card
就好像是借出一双红底鞋
like it's a pair of Louboutins.
哦天哪
Oh, boy.
准陪审员们
Prospective jurors,
此次庭审将很可能持续至下周
now, this trial is likely to last into next week.
如果担任陪审员对你们来说
So, please raise your hand
有合理困难的话 请举手示意
if serving as a juror would be a legitimate hardship for you.
那位先生 坐在前排的
You, sir, in the front row,
请陈述您困难的原因
please state the reason for your hardship.
我不是想诅咒什么
I don't want to jinx anything,
但在我看来 一切进展得很顺利 对吗
but that seemed to me to go pretty well. Am I wrong?
是的 我很满意陪审团的情况
Nope. I'm pretty pleased with our jury.
干得不错 先生们
Nice work, gentlemen.
毕竟是纽约最好的
Not that I'd expect any less
陪审团专家
from the best jury whisperers in New York.
他在示好 一定是有所图
He's being nice. He must want something.
只是表达一下我的钦佩
Just to express my admiration.
你们的战略非常清晰和巧妙
Your strategy was very clear and very smart.
就是利用我们国家对富人和特权阶级
Capitalize on our country's growing animosity
日益增长的强烈敌意
toward the rich and privileged.
我们一起来看看这是否奏效
I guess we'll all find out together if it works.
出于这个目的 即使我的当事人贝宁顿小姐
To that end, while my client Ms. Bennington
在此事中是完全无辜的
is completely innocent in this matter,
她的父母依然认为这个案子
her parents are convinced that this case
会把她变成全国上下压抑的
will turn her into a national scapegoat
仇富情绪的替罪羊
for all the pent-up rage toward the rich.
所以她父母让我问问用二十五万能不能了结此事
So, they've asked me to offer $250,000 to end this
以免她遭受艰辛的公审
before subjecting her to a grueling public trial.
当然 是在承认毫无过错的前提下
With no acknowledgment of fault, of course.
但她是有过错的
But she was at fault.
如果贝宁顿家起价二十五万的话
If the Benningtons are offering $250,000 to start,
我想还有更高的价可以商量
I'm guessing there's more on the table?
我确实可以找到点议价的空间
I'm sure I can find some wiggle room
如果你提的数目合理的话
if you hit me with a reasonable counter.
我们要跟当事人商议一下 午饭后回你可以吗
Can you give us till after lunch to confer with our client?
好了 现在你可以说话了
Okay. Now you may speak.
捷德的父母不可能靠花钱就摆平这事
Jade's parents can't just pay to make this go away.
他们真觉得自己可以给卡洛琳的生命
Do they really think they can put a dollar figure
标个价格吗
on Caroline's life?
你明白这就是我们在这个诉讼中
You do realize that's exactly what we're doing
寻求的东西吧
with this lawsuit?
这是民事诉讼 不是刑事诉讼
This is a civil suit, not criminal.
归根结底 一切都是为了钱
At the end of the day, it's all about the money.
不 如果那女孩儿不肯承认过错
No. If that girl isn't willing to admit fault,
无论给多少钱都不行
there's no amount of money that can make this right.
泰勒 钱不少哦
It's a lot of money, Taylor.
可以帮到亨瑞的未来 让他上大学
It can go towards Henry's future, his college.
还是不行
Still.
可能你不愿意听
I'm gonna say something I know you don't want to hear,
但我还是要说
but I'm gonna say it anyway.
我担心即使我们赢了诉讼
I'm worried that even if we win this lawsuit,
还是没法让你得偿所愿
it's not gonna give you what you're looking for.
你知道我要什么吗
You know what I'm looking for?
我想让那女孩儿不得不坐在法庭上
I want that girl to have to sit in a courtroom
听被她夺走了生命的那个女人的故事
and hear about the woman whose life she took.
我不想让她靠花钱就可以避开这个
I don't want her to be able to buy her way out of that.
因为无论怎样 案子是输是赢
Because no matter what happens, win or lose,
她都得一辈子记得自己的所作所为
she's gonna have to live with what she's done.
当她思考这件事的时候 我要她能记住
And when she thinks about it, I want her to be able
被她害死的人的脸
to put a face on the person whose life she stole.
我要她知道 卡洛琳很重要
I want her to know that Caroline mattered.
有她在的世界会更美好
That the world was a better place for her being here.
而她现在不在了就没那么好了
And a lesser place now that she's gone.
这就是我想要的
That's what I want.
完全理解
Understood.
我会让对方律师知道我们目前
I will let opposing counsel know that we are not interested
对和解不感兴趣
in a settlement at this time,
我们非常期待开庭的那天
we very much look forward to our day in court.
谢谢
Thank you.
早上好赛尔维先生
Good morning, Mr. Silver. Now can you please
你可以告诉法庭你是做什么的吗
tell the court what it is you do for a living?
我是个网红
I'm an influencer.
对我们这些可能不很熟悉的人
And for those of us who might not be familiar,
你可以解释一下网红是做什么的吗
can you explain what an influencer does?
品牌方会找我在社交媒体上推广他们的产品
Brands hire me to promote their products on social media.
我主要做时尚类的 不过也做餐厅和酒吧的推广
I mostly do fashion but some restaurants and clubs, too.
我穿上品牌的衣服去酒吧 然后把照片发布在
I wear the clothes, go to the clubs, and then post about it
不同的社交平台上
on the different social media platforms.
那你是怎么认识被告捷德·贝宁顿的呢
And-and how do you know the defendant Jade Bennington?
有一个我做推广的酒吧 洞窟
One of the clubs I post for, The Burrow,
我经常在那里见到她
I see her there a lot.
但贝宁顿小姐只有十八岁
But Ms. Bennington is only 18 years old,
而这些酒吧都提供酒品
and these clubs serve alcohol.
你知道她是怎么进去的吗
Have any idea how she gets into them?
我完全不知道
I have no idea at all.
我想这你得问她
I guess you'd have to ask her about that.
在三月四号♥的晚上 你在洞窟酒吧
Now, did you happen to see Jade Bennington at The Burrow
见到捷德·贝宁顿了吗
on the evening of March 4?
是的 我们那晚都在VIP席上
Yes. We were both in the VIP lounge that night.
有什么人和捷德一起吗
And was Jade with anyone?
是的 她和她的朋友索尼娅·沃里捷克一起
Yes. She was with her friend Sonya Waliczek.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表