剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
之后
So then,
在我们的帮助下 他们会起诉你
with our help, they sue you.
依据呢
For?
之前提到的不守信用
The aforementioned bad faith.
对了 我们忘记说了...
Oh, did we forget to mention that...
我们得到了很多邮件
we've got a dozen e-mails here
说你们公♥司♥完全知晓
that say your company was fully aware
你最初提出的两百万美元
of the $2 million offer that you originally gave
并认为此价格完全合理 而考虑到这是一家保险公♥司♥
and found it completely reasonable. Better than reasonable,
和一个坐轮椅的青少年间的案子
considering it is an insurance company
这价格比合理还要理想
going up against a teenager in a wheelchair.
但你收回了
But you turned it down.
不是因为你想为
Not because you were trying to do
艾梅斯瑞一家做最优选择
what's best for the Elmasrys
而是因为你们公♥司♥想证明一个观点
but because your company was trying to prove a point.
一个你明显愿意以你的客户为代价
A point you apparently were willing to make
证明的观点
at your client's expense,
这事本不该这么办的
which is not the way it's supposed to be done.
不该吗
Isn't it?
你和我一样清楚
You know as well as I do
保险公♥司♥的职责可不是为了
insurance companies aren't in the business of paying out
让大家开心而大把撒钱
just so everyone can feel good.
那个男孩儿年龄不小了 该为自己的行为负责
That boy was old enough to understand his actions.
我们完全有权利提起诉讼
We were perfectly within our rights to litigate.
但你没有提起诉讼
But you did not litigate.
你半道撤诉了
You walked out halfway through.
艾梅斯瑞一家撒了谎
The Elmasrys lied.
艾梅斯瑞一家想给你和他们自己省笔钱
The Elmasry tried to save you and themselves some money
因为他们知道一旦提出索赔
because they knew if they filed a claim,
你会增加他们的保费
you would raise their rates.
我们会的
And we would have.
而且你
And you know
非常清楚 如果因为被保险人没有提出索赔
damn well if you voided every policy you sold
你就把你卖♥♥的保险都作废了
because the insured failed to file a claim,
你的客户肯定全都跑光光
you'd have virtually no customers.
你参加了审判
You got into this trial
并很快意识到我告诉你的都是实情
and quickly realized what I told you is true.
不管这个未成年人怎么
It is almost impossible to win
把自己搞到坐上轮椅 这案子几乎都赢不了
against a minor in a wheelchair, no matter how he got there.
于是你开始寻找漏洞
And so you started looking for a loophole,
一个漏洞就够 你就能溜之大吉
any loophole, that would let you walk away.
你的行为不守信用
You acted in bad faith.
你不为那些买♥♥你保险的人着想
You weren't looking out for the people you agreed to insure.
你只为你自己和你们公♥司♥着想
You were looking out for yourself and your company.
纽约州的法律非常明确
And New York state law is very clear.
如果免疫保险公♥司♥的行为不守信用
If Immunity Insurance acted in bad faith,
他们就和陪审团
they are on the hook
判决下来的赔偿款脱不了干系
for whatever number the jury comes up with.
我得告诉你
And I got to tell you,
他们会想出一个弥天数字
they're gonna come up with a whopper.
这就引出了你的另一个选择
Which brings us to your other option.
在陪审团做出裁决之前
Why don't you come upstairs with us
不妨和我们一起上楼谈谈
before the jury comes back with a verdict?
赔那个男孩四百万美元
Give that boy $4 million,
比原先的商议好的价码多两百万美元
$2 million more than the original offer,
让艾梅斯瑞一家保住他们的生意
and let the Elmasrys keep their business,
之后我们可以...
and we can just...
忘了这整件事情
make this whole thing go away.
你知道 布尔
You know, Bull,
如果我们代表艾梅斯瑞一家起诉免疫保险公♥司♥的话
if we sue Immunity on behalf of the Elmasrys,
我打赌还有很多有趣的邮件
I'm betting discovery would come up
会被发现
with a whole lot more interesting e-mails.
本尼
Hmm. Benny.
你可能说到点子上了
You just might be onto something.
如果你对陪审团的看法是对的
If you're right about the jury,
如果你真的确信
if you're really convinced
陪审团会认同八百万美元的和解费
that they're going to ask for $8 million,
那原告干嘛要接受四百万和解呢
why would the plaintiff settle for $4 million?
好吧 其实
Well, it turns out
他在证人席上没有完全说实话
he wasn't completely truthful on the stand,
所以我一告诉他的律师我们要去和
and once I tell his attorney we're gonna go and talk
法官谈谈这个情况 我想她会立刻答应和解
to the judge about it, I think she's gonna settle right away.
我们上楼吗
Shall we head up?
走吧
Let's.
还有谁饿了吗
Hey! Anybody else hungry?
有想吃披萨的吗
Anybody else feel like pizza?
要不我们让艾梅斯瑞一家带个馅饼过来吧
Maybe we can get the Elmasrys to bring a pie over with them.
真的很好吃吗
Is it really that good?
我听说棒极了
Oh, I hear it's great.
打给他们吧
Call them.
你知道吗 你有点爱出风头
You're kind of pushy, you know that?
听着 我们并不需要喜欢她
Hey. You don't have to like her.
只需要为她辩护
You just have to defend her.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表