剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
我问完了 法官大人
I have no further questions, Your Honor.
早上好 沃里捷克女士
Good morning, Ms. Waliczek.
我想问你
Here's a question for you.
你是否知道 如果是捷德·贝宁顿
Do you understand that if Jade Bennington had been
开车撞死了柯林斯女士
driving the car that struck and killed Ms. Collins,
她将受到刑事审判
she could be prosecuted criminally?
是的
Yes.
而你已经承认驾车肇事
But you already confessed to driving the car
导致柯林斯女士死亡
that struck and killed Ms. Collins.
你为什么没被起诉呢
So why aren't you being prosecuted?
我父亲是外交大使
My father is an ambassador.
我享有外交豁免权
I have diplomatic immunity.
而且外交豁免权
And isn't it true that
使你同时免受民事起诉
diplomatic immunity also protects you
是这样吗
from being sued in civil court?
据我所知 是这样
That's my understanding.
从实际来说
So, in truth,
认罪对你毫无影响
you risk nothing by confessing to this crime.
对吗 沃里捷克女士
Do you, Ms. Waliczek?
反对 证人已回答过
Objection. Asked and answered.
我想科隆律师已阐明了观点 法官大人
I think Mr. Colón has made his point, Your Honor.
我不这样认为 反对无效
I disagree. Overruled.
证人必须回答
The witness will answer the question.
抱歉 我要回答什么问题
I'm sorry. What was the question?
我刚问的是 你承认驾驶你的兰博基尼野牛
Well, I was asking if you risk anything by confessing
撞死了柯林斯女士 并逃逸
to striking Ms. Collins with your Lamborghini Urus,
你会承受任何法律后果吗
killing her, and then leaving the scene of the crime.
不会
No.
难道不就是因为这样
I mean, because isn't that the reason why
你才承认不属于你的罪行吗
you're confessing to a crime you didn't commit?
因为捷德·贝宁顿是你最好的朋友
Because Jade Bennington is your best friend,
她会因为撞死柯林斯女士
and she could be sent to prison
被判入狱 你则不会
for killing Ms. Collins, but you can't?
你认为 即使我没杀人
Do you honestly think I'd admit
也会认罪吗
to killing someone if I didn't do it?
我没撞死人 也会甘愿一辈子
That I'd go through my entire life letting the world think
背着杀人犯的罪名吗
I was a murderer when I wasn't?
你知道我的家人承受了什么吗
Do you know what this has done to my family?
我父亲 竭尽毕生精力
My father, a man who's spent his entire life
赢得国家的信任
earning the confidence and trust of his government,
他十年来孜孜以求
spent the last ten years earning
赢得了你们政♥府♥的信任
the confidence and trust of your government,
能毫不在意 世人认为她女儿是个被宠坏的
knowing that people think his daughter is just some spoiled,
毫无责任感的只知道玩的女孩
irresponsible party girl
而且杀了人还能逍遥法外吗
that killed someone and is gonna get away with it?
好一份精心编写
Talk about a well-written, well-rehearsed
精心排练的证词
piece of testimony.
看看陪审员
Look at 'em.
他们完全听信了她的说辞
They're completely buying what she's selling.
没问题 但对我有什么好处
Sure. But what's in it for me?
这是什么意思
What do you mean?
你是说 这个说话的女人是捷德
So you're saying the woman's voice is Jade's?
没错
Exactly.
原来泰勒一直在私自窃听
Turns out Taylor's been secretly recording
捷德的手♥机♥通话
all of Jade's cell phone conversations.
你说什么 你知道这是违法的
Excuse me? You know that's against the law.
我跟她彻底谈过
I went through all that with her,
还让她交出了笔记本电脑
even made her give me her laptop.
但我不禁研究了她搞到的信息
But then I found myself going through everything
想发现点蛛丝马迹
to see if there might be some bread crumbs
让我们能找到合法证据
that would lead us to something we can use legally.
然后呢
And...?
我发现了一点被泰勒忽略的东西
And I think I found something Taylor missed.
我不知道她在和谁交谈
I don't know who she's talking to,
但谈话似乎很重要
but it seems important.
这可不是件小事
Well, it's a pretty big ask.
我会得到一个大大的感谢吗
I thought I might get a pretty big thank you in return?
你今晚能过来的话
I can show you what I had in mind
我就告诉你我的主意
if you can come over tonight.
你真恶心 乔褔里
You're disgusting, Geoffrey.
我现在有大♥麻♥烦 我想知道
I'm in serious trouble and I need to know
你到底帮不帮我
if you're going to help me or not.
我当然会帮你
Of course I'm gonna help you.
我只是开个玩笑
I-I was just kidding. If anyone asks,
不管谁问 我都发誓那晚没见过你
I'll swear I never even saw you that night.
他的名字是乔褔里
So his first name is Geoffrey.
既然她拔了他的电♥话♥号♥码
All right, well, since she dialed him,
我能设法听到键盘音
I'll be able to hear the tones
推测出她拔打的号♥码
and figure out the number she was calling.
不出二十分钟 就能查出他姓什么
I should have his last name in about 20 minutes.
你愿意我去造访这家伙吗
Would you like me to pay him a visit?
那就太好了 从他们的谈话能听出
That would be great. I mean, it sounds from the conversation
他知道内情 你不觉得吗
that he knows something, don't you think?
那就一探究竟
Only one way to find out.
您好
Hello.
下午好 我来的目的是
Hi. Good afternoon. I was hoping I might be able
和乔褔里·康诺弗谈些事
to speak with Geoffrey Conover.
我该说是谁要见他呢
May I say who's here to see Mr. Conover?
交给我吧 波拉
I've got this, Paula.
你为什么要找我儿子呢
And exactly why do you want to speak with my son?
我是丹尼·詹姆斯
My name's Danny James.
我是一名调查员 我们公♥司♥
I'm an investigator working for a firm
负责起诉捷德·贝宁顿
that's handling a lawsuit against Jade Bennington.
我一直在和捷德的朋友们交谈
I've been speaking with all of Jade's friends,
我希望能问乔褔里几个问题
and I was hoping to ask Geoffrey a few questions
关于与捷德有关的那晚的车祸
about a car accident that Jade was involved in.
不 抱歉 我儿子不会和你谈的
No, I'm sorry. My son's not talking to you.
如果你想这样的话我可以传唤 康诺弗先生
I can get a subpoena if you prefer, Mr. Conover.
请你马上离开我家
I'd like you to remove yourself from my property.
法官大人 我们有理由相信乔褔里·康诺弗
Your Honor, we have reason to believe that Geoffrey Conover
有关于此案极其相关
has highly relevant and dispositive information
且极其关键的信息
about this case.
不管律师如何看
Regardless of what counsel believes,
我有乔褔里心理医生的一封信
I have a letter from Geoffrey's psychiatrist,
她很确定乔褔里
and she is quite emphatic about the fact that Geoffrey
有严重恐慌症 在法庭作证
suffers from extreme anxiety, and that testifying in court
会对他产生严重的心理压力
would be an undue emotional hardship for him.
请这么贵的律师明显代表
Well, paying a very expensive lawyer clearly shows
康诺弗家庭在尽全力确保
that the Conover family is interested in making sure
他们的儿子不会在法庭上宣誓作证
that their son does not testify under oath,
- 仅仅这一个原因 我... - 布尔博士
- and on that basis alone, I... - Dr. Bull,
科隆先生...
Mr. Colon...
... 有什么实际理由让你们认为
...on what factual basis have you come to believe
康诺弗先生有和此案相关的信息吗
that Mr. Conover has information that's relevant to this case?
根据公开的社交媒体帖子
Well, based on publicly available social media posts,
很明显贝宁顿小姐和康诺弗先生
it's clear Ms. Bennington and Mr. Conover have been
自从意外后一直在保持联♥系♥
in regular contact since the accident.
真的吗
Really?
很明显 法官大人 这是一次试探性调查
Clearly, Your Honor, this is a fishing expedition.
我倾向于同意
I'm inclined to agree.
只是两个人有社交媒体发帖
The fact that two people have social media postings
暗示两人的友谊
that imply a friendship
不足以在法律上构成
seems like an awfully thin premise on which to call
传唤一个心理脆弱的孩子的证据
an emotionally fragile boy to the stand.
我决定取消你们传唤的动议
I'm granting the motion to quash your subpoena.
布尔博士 本尼...
Dr. Bull, Benny...
...谢谢你们为了卡洛琳和亨瑞做的努力
...thanks for trying for Caroline and Henry.
嘿 嘿
Hey, hey.
彻底结束之前都不算结束 好吗
It's not over until it's over, right?
很不幸的是 除非我们找到
Well, unfortunately, unless we can come up
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表