剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
though I am a bit wary about coming in today,
对于今天是否来拜访我还是心存顾虑
given the circumstances.
我并非要干预正在进行的调查
I'm not here to meddle in any ongoing investigations,
我也十分抱歉
and I am very sorry
我们一直没有机会见面
that we haven't had the chance to meet yet.
我还在摸索我的从政之路
I'm still trying to find my way around here,
正如你一样
as I'm sure you are.
每天如此 总统先生
Every day, Mr. President.
但是我相信我们可以大展拳脚
But I'm convinced we can do some great work.
很高兴能听你这么说
That's good to hear.
还有很多工作要做
There's a lot of work to do.
今天我在思考教育的事
Today, I was thinking about education.
我见了新奥尔良州的一些高中生
I met some high school students from New Orleans --
一部分音乐项目是由
part of a music program funded by
全国艺术基金会资助的
the National Endowment for the Arts.
但是不幸的是
But, unfortunately,
他们的资金快要用完了
their funding's about to run out.
艺术教育是我们筹措到下一笔预算之后
Arts education is certainly something to look at
必须去关注的板块
as we approach the next budget.
这些孩子等不了那么久
These kids can't wait that long.
他们的拨款下个月到期
Their grant expires next month
除非国会可以再次通过
unless Congress re-approves it.
所以我想也许我们可以
So, I was hoping that maybe
想一个特事特办的方法
we could find a way to fast-track it --
把它附加到其他项目中去
tack it on to something else.
恕我无礼 先生
Respectfully, sir,
我在国会的工作
I ran for Congress
就是要阻断这种暗箱操作
to avoid that kind of back-room dealing.
恕我无礼 这不是什么暗箱
Respectfully, this isn't a back room.
这里是白宫总统办公室
This is the Oval Office of the White House.
这种幕后操手正是华盛顿几十年来
These kind of riders have been part of the problem
一直存在的一类问题
in Washington for decades.
你帮帮我 我帮帮你
I mean, you scratch my back, I scratch yours.
议员先生
Congressman,
这个项目影响的不仅是新奥尔良的高中学生
this won't just affect high school students in New Orleans.
这是全国性项目
This is a national program.
-后果将会 -我和大家一样热爱音乐
- The ramifications... - Look, I love music as much as anyone.
但许多民众认为
But a lot of folks think
应该把所有精力
we should throw everything we've got
花在发展科技 工程 数学等学科上
into science, technology, engineering, math.
以往美国在这些领域首屈一指
We used to lead the world in those areas.
而现在我们只能算是中等水平了
Now, we're barely in the middle of the pack.
我觉得我们的孩子
I don't think our children
不该被迫在艺术与科学之间做选择
should be forced to choose between art or science.
总统先生 如果我们能筹措出这笔预算
I'm happy to debate this, Mr. President,
我很乐意支持这个立场
when we put together the next budget.
今年是清算之年
This is the year of our reckoning.
世界上的其他国家就快要追赶上
The rest of the world is catching up to what we've known --
我们长久以来的成就了
that for far too long,
政♥府♥想要绑♥架♥我们的身份
government has tried to hijack our identities,
控制我们的生活 给我们的孩子洗♥脑♥
control our lives, and brainwash our children.
但以后再也不会了
But no longer.
因为我们正在崛起
No longer because we are rising up.
-没错 -是的
-Yeah! -Yeah!
这次运动是我们国家的未来
This movement is the future of our nation,
没有非法的政♥府♥
and no -- no illegitimate government,
没有非法的总统
no illegitimate president,
能阻挡我们
is going to stand in our way.
德尔顿
Dalton.
我是法索
It's Foerstel.
劳埃德怎么样
How's Lloyd?
正在总结他的啤酒馆暴♥动♥宣言
Just wrapping up his Beer Hall Putsch.
真是鼓舞人心 随时向我汇报
Inspiring. Keep me posted.
雷伯恩众议院办公楼
不是吧 哥哥 这是我第一周上班
Come on, man. It's my first week.
你就来找我套消息了吗
You're already shaking me down?
不然兄妹是用来干嘛的
Well, what else are cousins for, right?
我又不是让你泄露
Come on, I'm not asking for any state secrets
国家秘密之类的东西
or anything like that.
我只是想知道
I just want to know what your take
今天早上听证会情况有多糟
was on how things went down this morning.
我知道吉田议员很是感动
I know Congresswoman Yoshida was impressed.
然后呢
Okay?
还有德拉克罗瓦和哈蒙
And Delacroix and Harmon, too.
什么 只有这几个吗
What, that's it?
我们拿到的支持只有这么点
We didn't get more support than that?
我是说 还有一些听证成员没联♥系♥完
I mean, they still have more witnesses to call.
所以你认为票数是九比三 是吗
So, you think it's gonna be a 9-3 against.
好吧
Yeah, all right.
我是说 我可能有错
I mean, I could be wrong.
有什么风声我会告诉你的
I'll call you if I hear anything.
谢谢你
Thank you.
抱歉 表哥
九比三吗
9 to 3 against?
只是估计而已 议长女士
It's an estimate, ma'am.
他们还有别的证人要传唤
They still have other witnesses to call.
是啊 官僚主义者总是只简单确认已知事实
Yeah, bureaucrats who simply confirm the facts they already know.
我出了趟差以及法案被通过
I took a trip and there was a bill.
其他人还是可能改变主意的
Well, the others can still change their minds.
我以为自己做得比这更好的
I thought I did better than that.
你做得很好 议长女士
No, you did fine, ma'am.
这是个非正规法庭
This is a kangaroo court.
他们会免除我的议长职务
They're going to strip me of my Speakership.
仅凭他们之力无法罢免你
And they can't do that alone.
他们只能向众议院提出建议
They can only recommend to the full House.
你还可以抗争
You can still fight this.
用什么来抗争
With what?
事实无法改变
The facts won't change.
今天与委员会的会面 我已尽了全力
I gave it my best shot in there today with the committee.
为什么你觉得面对众议院之时 情况能更好
What makes you think I'll do any better in the House?
因为这样我们就有时间组织公♥关♥活动了
Because it'll give us time to organize a campaign.
将你的资料向全国媒体公布
We'll put your profile out there in the national media,
我们尽量拖延这件事
We'll drag it out as long as we can...
直到公众舆♥论♥
until public opinion
转向你这一方
swings the vote in your direction.
你可能给我出了个主意 亚伦
You may have just given me an idea, Aaron.
什么
For what?
最后一搏
A last hurrah.
谢谢你今天能过来
Thank you for coming today.
谢谢 谢谢 很高兴认识你
Thank you. Thank you. It's good to see you.
目标正在离开
Target on the way out.
收到 准备移♥动♥
On it. Ready to move.
距离
238米
我们将各项信息浓缩成几个要点
We'll boil the message down to a handful of talking points,
然后于峰会前
get those out to some key media outlets
通报各大重要媒体
in anticipation of the summit,
您之后在多伦多的讲话将建立于此基础上
and then your speech in Toronto will build on those.
少点国家主义 增加多邦合作
Less nationalism, more multinationalism.
这就是要点所在
Well, that's the gist of it.
在减少全球范围内的
And let's be specific
军事热区问题上 我们要明确点
about reducing military hot spots around the globe.
-建立共识 -好主意
- Build awareness. - Good idea.
-我准备好草稿以便您在飞机上看 -谢谢
- I'll have a draft for you to read on the plane. - Thank you.
我就艺术教育拨款问题
Sir, I, uh -- I've reached out to Leg Affairs
联♥系♥了立法事务局的人
about that arts education grant.
-有进展吗 -他们正在努力
- Any luck? - They're trying,
但看起来沙杜尔议员
but it seems Congressman Saldua
在众议院里的财权掌控得比较严
controls the purse strings in the House pretty tightly.
大多数代表都没有投票经历 很难说话
Most of these new reps don't have any voting history to speak of,
所以我们要自己摸索了
so we're feeling our way in the dark.
但我要了一份名单 名单上每个选举区
But I did request a list of every Congressional district
-至少有一所学校参与该项目 -很好
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表