剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
你是如何自如地切换的呢
How do you keep it all together?
我得承认 很长时间来
I...I have to admit, it has been, uh...
我都在努力地学习如何做出调整
an adjustment with a steep learning curve.
比如昨天
I mean, just yesterday,
我还因为在午宴所说的话被推到了风口浪尖
I managed to get in hot water for a comment I made at a luncheon.
蒙大纳州议员杰克·鲍曼指责你
Senator Jack Bowman of Montana accused you
代表总统试图废除枪♥支♥管制条例
of soft-pedaling gun control on behalf of the President.
你当时做了什么
Is that what you were doing?
我做了个简短的演讲
I gave a brief speech.
我没意料到会有人提问
I was not expecting any questions.
有人提及枪♥支♥暴♥力♥ 我表达了自己的看法
when asked about gun violence, I simply spoke my mind.
所以这不是预先准备的
So there was nothing premeditated?
完全不是
No, not at all.
我是站在一个公民和母亲的角度说的
I spoke as a citizen, as a mother,
而不是第♥一♥夫♥人♥
not as a First Lady.
但是我发现
But I have discovered that
当我嫁给总统之后
when you are married to the President, you, uh...
其实也没有什么不同
you don't really get to make that distinction.
所以进行枪♥支♥改革不是
So tackling gun reform is not something
你作为第♥一♥夫♥人♥想要提议的
that you want to take on as First Lady.
目前我打算远离政♥治♥
Right now, I plan on leaving the politics
把工作交给我们家的新晋政♥治♥家
to the new politician in my family.
我知道我和汤姆对于他
And I know that both Tom and I are very excited
就任百天的议程都非常期待
about his agenda for the first hundred days.
到特区就会恐慌 是吗
D.C. was designed to intimidate, right?
开始起作用了
It's working.
拜托 才过了一天而已
Come on. It's only been a day.
你随时都可能收到消息
You'll hear back from them any minute now.
我知道 我太想要那份工作了
I know. I just really want it.
你跟别人聊过那件事吗
So, are you ever gonna talk about it?
聊什么
About what?
你为什么离开白宫
Why you left the White House?
我知道没有正当理由你是不会离开的
Look, I know you don't do anything without good reason,
但是我妈妈说你想回得州
but my mom said you were thinking about moving back to Texas,
我想说 郑重声明
and I just want to say, for the record,
这个主意太差劲了
it's a really bad idea --
纳迪娅 我在这里也就能混到那个层次了
Nadia, I made it about as far as I can make it in this town.
一路走来非常精彩
It was a really good run. Now it's --
但现在是时候换个工作了
It's time to try something new.
我能说一句吗
Can I just say one thing?
你想说什么
Now you're asking?
在你之前
Before you,
从没有人想过能离开我们小镇
no one thought it was possible to get out of our town.
你可能都不记得了
You probably don't remember this,
但是你大学毕业后的那个夏天
but the summer after you graduated from college,
我当时大概十岁 你回到老家
I was maybe 10, and you came home for a visit.
你唯一谈及的事情
And the only thing you could talk about
就是要搬去华盛顿 在一个大家都不认识的
was moving to D.C. to work in the mailroom of some senator
参议员的收发室工作
that nobody had ever heard of.
是的
Yeah.
我从未忘记是你告诉我
I'll never forget that you told me
出身平凡并不重要
that it didn't matter that we came from nothing.
-纳迪娅 -因为... 你住口
- Look, Nadia, just... - Because... No, shut up.
你本要证明 即使平凡如我们也能改变世界
You were gonna prove that even we can make a difference.
这是你来华盛顿的原因
That's why you came to D.C.
也是我在这里的原因
That's why I'm here.
因为你
Because of you.
如果你认为你已经做到了 那就回去吧
但如果还没有的话
你去的那个地方
Okay, that address you went to
五年前就已经被彻底空置
has been completely vacant for the past five years.
-所以线索断了 -不一定
- So it's a dead end. - Not necessarily.
-还有人缴纳物业税 -谁
- Someone's still paying the property tax. - Who?
布朗宁·里德
Browning Reed.
布朗宁·里德 那家私人安保公♥司♥
Browning Reed? The private defense company?
我以为他们已经破产了
I thought they went out of business.
本应如此 但他们却一直
Supposedly, but it hasn't stopped them
为一座闲置大楼支付每年三万五千美金的租金
from shelling out $35,000 a year for an empty building.
干得好 恰克
Nice work, Chuck.
尽你所能查找任何与布朗宁·里德有关的信息
Find out whatever else you can on Browning Reed,
看看他们在华盛顿是否还有其他的财产
and if they own any other properties in D.C.
好
I'm on it.
你闻到了吗
Do you smell that?
是的 早前大楼里发生了煤气泄漏
Yeah, there was a-a gas leak in the building earlier.
华盛顿天然气公♥司♥来了个人
A guy from D.C. United Gas
对大楼进行检查 他说一切正常
checked it out and said it was okay.
恰克
Chuck.
华盛顿天然气公♥司♥并不检查煤气泄漏
D.C. United doesn't check gas leaks.
那是消防部门的事
The fire department does.
马上出去
Out! Now!
你没事吧
You okay?
我什么都听不到了
I can't hear anything.
会好的
It'll come back.
深呼吸
Just breathe.
我们都没事
We're okay.
只是个普通的燃气泄漏爆♥炸♥ 对吧
Just a routine gas-leak explosion, right?
是的
Right.
是的
Right.
听着 他们以为我们死了
Listen -- they think we're dead.
所以这一次 我们或许能领先于他们
so maybe we have the edge on them for once.
不知道为啥 这并没有让我好过些
Somehow, that doesn't make me feel better.
我们能找到的唯一关联是布朗宁·里德
The only connection we have is Browning Reed.
有找到他们的其他房♥产吗
Did we find out if they own any other properties?
感谢云储存
Thank God for the Cloud.
他们在北达科他州还有六个地方
They own six properties in North Dakota.
-有没有更近一点的地方 -事实上 很近
- Anything closer? - Actually, very...
哥伦比亚路135号♥ 华盛顿特区
135 Columbia Road, Washington, D.C.
这就是我下一个目的地
Guess that's where I'm headed next.
总统先生 我是来自费城的卡罗尔
Mr. President, my name is Carol. I'm from Philadelphia.
七十四岁 有固定收入
I'm 74 years old, and I'm on a fixed income.
我已经在同一个公♥寓♥住了三十年
I've lived in the same apartment for 30 years,
但是由于旧区改造
and because of gentrification,
我已经住不起我们小区了
I can't afford to live in my neighborhood anymore.
你准备怎么帮助和我一样的人们
How are you going to help people like me
不被赶出自己家门
from getting pushed out of our homes?
卡罗尔 感谢你的提问
Carol, thank you for asking the question.
你说得没错
You're absolutely right.
近来的调查表明
Recent studies have shown that housing prices
房♥价在过去三年呈指数级上涨
have gone up exponentially over the last three years,
尤其是在主要城市
especially in our major cities.
不好意思 总统先生 我能打断一下吗
I'm sorry, sir. Can I stop you there?
艾米丽 想说什么就直说
Emily, tell me whatever you want to tell me,
但你要是继续把我当美国总统
but if you don't start talking to me like a person
而不是平等的个体跟我说话的话
instead of the President of the United States,
-我们就没法过这关了 -好吧
- we're never gonna get through this. - Okay.
你又进入教授模式了
You're falling into professor mode again.
来自费城的卡罗尔
Carol from Philadelphia
根本不关心什么学术调查
doesn't give a damn about academic surveys.
她关心的是她需要搭两班公交车
She cares that she has to take two buses
才能找到一家负担得起的杂货店
to find an affordable grocery store.
她想知道你也在乎这件事
And she wants to know that you care about that, too.
我在乎 所以我才引用研究结果
I do, which is why I was referencing this study,
因为研究表明得益于特定的分区法
because it shows that with specific zoning laws
和中小企业激励机制 当地的杂货商可以
and small-business incentives, local grocers can...
无意冒犯 先生 但我听得快要睡着了
No offense, sir, but I just fell asleep.
你知道正确的回答
Look, you have the right answers,
但今晚旨在聆听人♥民♥的想法
but tonight is about listening to people's concerns.
多和听众建立感情
Focus on relating.
不 我对此感觉很不好
No, I don't feel comfortable with that.
这次的市政厅会议重点不在我
The town hall isn't about me.
恕我直言 先生 重点就在于你
With all due respect, sir, yes, it is.
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表