剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
North Dakota.
北达科他州到底有什么玩意儿
What the hell is in North Dakota?
我们去查查看
Let's find out.
听着 莱斯利
Look, Leslie,
我无意对媒体公开我们的对话
I'm not interestedin playing this out publicly.
我只是需要你告诉我
I just need you to tell me
哪个共和党员愿意坐下来谈谈
which Republicans would be open to a sit-down?
这个国家某些城市的谋杀犯罪率
The murder rate in particular cities in this country
对柯克曼总统来说是无法接受的
is unacceptable to President Kirkman...
参议员 我理解并感谢你的见解
Senator,I understand and appreciate your position,
但84%的人♥民♥都希望有更严格的背景调查
but 84% of the country wants tougher background checks.
美国人♥民♥发出了声音
Now,the American people have spoken,
而我们的职责就是聆听
and it's our job to listen.
我很遗憾 先生
I'm very sorry to hear you say that, sir.
谢谢 再见
Thank you. Goodbye.
那是谁
Who was that?
富兰克林参议员
Senator Franklin.
我们还差共和党的五票
We're five Republican votes short.
你怎么样
How are you doing?
赛斯说圆桌会议进行得不错
Seth said the roundtable went well.
是的
Yeah.
里面有个人 麦克·邓恩
There was this one guy, Mike Dunne.
两年前 他的妻子艾莉森
Two years ago, his wife, Allison --
在从超♥市♥回来的路上
she's driving back from the grocery store,
不小心超了某人的车
and she accidentally cut someone off.
那人尾随她到了下一个红灯口
That man, he followed her to the next red light,
开枪打死了她
and he... shoots her dead.
-我的天 -我懂
- My God. - I know.
汤姆 你那次枪伤不致命真的很幸运
Tom, we got so lucky when you were shot.
我不知道失去你我该怎么办
I don't know what I'd do if I lost you.
我知道我很幸运
I know how lucky I am.
在经历过那些事情之后
You know, the strength of some of these people
他们当中某些人展现出的力量
after what they've been through...
真的很令人振奋
it's -- it's inspiring.
过来
Come here.
你一定要赢得投票
You've got to win this.
很清闲嘛
Banker's hours?
是工作上的事
Well, it's business.
意思是你买♥♥单吗
Does that mean you're buying?
要一样的吗
Same thing?
我在桌子底下留了一瓶
I left a bottle in the desk.
你应该已经找到了吧
I assume you found it.
我正在以美国总统幕僚长的身份
I'm working my first Congressional vote
忙第一次国会投票
as chief of staff to the President of the United States.
那瓶早就喝完了 亚伦
That bottle is long gone, Aaron.
说到投票
Speaking of the vote...
我知道你需要一些共和党人支持
I know you're gonna need a few Republicans,
我也知道这工作很艰难
and I know you're facing an uphill climb.
那并不是什么秘闻
That's not exactly a secret.
如果我们能帮忙呢
What if we could help?
霍斯拉滕
Hookstraten?
她是共和党
She's a Republican...
-她还是议长 -众议院议长
- and she is Speaker. - Of the House.
她准备如何连线参议员们
How exactly is she gonna line up senators?
参议员中实际是有软肋的
You know there's some soft spots in the Senate --
有一些并不反对背景调查的温和派
moderates who don't really oppose background checks.
他们只是害怕惹到鲍曼
They're just afraid to cross Bowman.
我听着呢
I'm listening.
如果这些参议员们
If these senators can be reassured
能被保证坐稳自己的席位
there's a home for them in the party,
在接下来的选举中有人做坚实后盾
someone has their back come election time --
他们就有了投支持票的理由
they might have a reason to vote the bill through.
霍斯拉滕能得到什么好处
And what's in it for Hookstraten?
你自己想想
Think about it.
副总统之位
Vice President.
你觉得味道如何
What do you think?
这是你从墨西哥空运过来的吗
Did you have this flown in from Mexica?
特勤局不会同意的
Secret Service wouldn't allow it.
但是这里的
But someone down there in the kitchen
厨师非常厉害
is working some serious magic
我发誓这就是派汉堡的味道
'cause I'd swear this is a Pinesburger.
再买♥♥三个还送一件免费T恤
Three more and you get a free t-shirt.
派汉堡挑战活动
The Pinesburger challenge.
现在这些吃太多会让我心脏骤停的
I think it would send me into a cardiac arrest these days.
三十年前
30 years ago,
当我们在克拉克大楼时
when we were back in Clark Hall,
你能想得到我们两个
could you ever have imagined
有一天会坐在这里吗
that the two of us would be sitting here?
不敢想象
Not in my wildest dreams.
非常荣幸能来这里 总统先生 真的
And it is an honor to be here, Mr. President, truly.
但你知道我是共和党人对吧
But you do know I'm a Republican, right?
略有耳闻
I heard a rumor.
沃尔特 我知道你是好人
Walter,I know you're a good man...
讲道理
reasonable.
现在支持背景调查的公众数量
Hell, there's more public support for background checks
竟然超过了支持减税的数量
than there is for tax cuts.
爱荷华州可不一定
I'm not so sure about Iowa.
不过那并不是重点
But that's not the point.
法案的用语过于宽泛
The language of this bill is so broad,
我的人反映说这是个滑坡谬误
my people tell me it's a slippery slope.
我知道
I know. I know.
我们会修改
We're gonna fix it in the House.
但是我是给已经成稿的法案投票 汤姆
But I have to vote for the bill as written, Tom.
我做不到
I can't do it.
我知道我们交情很深
Look, I know we go back a long time,
我也许会倾向于你
and I may lean toward the center,
但这是政♥治♥
but this is politics.
任命我的是一名共和党州长
I was appointed by a Republican governor,
我不能在任期内的第一次重大投票就胡来
and I can't go rogue on the first big vote of my term.
沃尔特 我们有机会做成一件大好事
Walter, we've got a chance to do something really good here.
这个法案能拯救无数性命
This bill is gonna save lives.
我很遗憾
I'm sorry.
我也是
Me, too.
我也是
Me, too.
我把这个法案从委员会
I brought this bill out of committee
第二修正案正在遭受攻击吗
带到参议院
to the Senate floor
是为了告诉白宫
to show the White House
任何试图干扰美国人♥民♥自♥由♥行使第二修正案
that any effort to interfere in the free exercise
参议员杰克·鲍曼
赋予的权利的尝试都会是徒劳
of Americans' Second Amendment rights will fail.
议员先生 第♥一♥夫♥人♥
Senator, the First Lady hosted
昨天在白宫接待了
a number of victims of gun violence
一批枪♥支♥暴♥力♥的受害者
at the White House yesterday.
没错 赤♥裸♥裸的公♥关♥噱头
Yeah, a blatant PR stunt.
白宫过度简化了此项议题
Listen, the White House has completely oversimplified this issue.
他们在对自己无法保障的安全作承诺
They're making promises about safety they can't keep.
总统先生 霍斯拉滕议长来了
Mr. President... Speaker Hookstraten.
罪犯总会找到获取枪♥支♥的方法
Criminals will always find a way to get guns.
谢谢
Thank you.
金布尔 见到你真好
Kimble, how nice to see you.
谢谢 总统先生
Thank you, sir.
我知道你在忙参议院投票的事情
I know you've got a Senate vote coming up fast,
所以我不会占用你太多时间
so I won't take much of your time.
我来是想告诉你
What I came to tell you is,
在适当的鼓励政策之下
with the proper encouragement,
一些参议院中的温和共和党人
I think a few moderate Republicans in the Senate
可能会投票赞成
might just vote yes.
他们需要的是哪种鼓励
What kind of encouragement are we talking about?
如果参议院通过法案到了众议院
If the Senate gets the bill to the House,
我会与你以及其他众议院领导人合作
I will work with you and other House leaders
让你所希望的修正措施通过
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表