剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
what will you do to prevent something
此类事情再次发生
like this from happening again?
桑德拉 你的经历令我心碎
Sandra, your story breaks my heart.
总统市政厅见面会
作为一个父亲
And as a father,
我无法想象你所经历的一切
I can't even imagine what you're going through.
枪♥支♥管制是我们国家
Gun control is one of the most divisive,
两极分化最严重的敏感问题之一
hot-button topics in our nation,
但这并不该成为逃避问题的借口
but that should not be an excuse for avoiding the issue.
事实上 恰恰相反
In fact, that should be the opposite.
他说得真好
He's good.
是啊 因为他说的是真心话
Yeah, that's because he means it.
但我想澄清一下
But I want to be absolutely clear.
我相信美国人♥民♥完全有权
I believe that the American people
购买♥♥并拥有枪♥支♥
have every right to buy and own guns
《第二修正案》保证了这一点
by virtue of the Second Amendment.
我也想花一点时间
I would also like to take a moment
澄清枪♥支♥管制等同于
to quash the myth that somehow gun control
联邦政♥府♥闯入你家里
is equal to the Federal Government
夺走你的武器的无稽之谈
coming into your home and taking your weapons away.
没有人会提倡这种行为
Nobody is advocating for that.
我们需要竭尽所能
We need to be doing everything we can
避免枪♥支♥落入犯过重罪的人
to stop guns from falling into the hands of prior felons,
有严重精神疾病的人
people dealing with serious mental-health issues,
和恐♥怖♥分♥子♥监视名单上的人手上
people on terrorist watch lists.
真心地
I mean, come on.
我们需要用常识来判断
We need to be using common sense.
就这么简单
It's as simple as that.
我讨厌如今的我
And I hate the fact that there is nothing
无法减轻桑德拉的痛苦
I can say or do right now to ease Sandra's pain,
但我可以向她保证
but I can make her one promise --
我会尽我所能
that I will do everything in my power
确保不会再有美国家庭
to make sure that not one more American family
承受她所经历过的悲痛
has to experience her grief.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
喂
Yes.
亚伦·肖尔来见你了
Aaron Shore is here to see you.
让他进来
Send him in.
-议长女士 -亚伦
- Madam Speaker. - Aaron.
谢谢你接见我
Thank you for seeing me.
请坐
Please.
谢谢
Thanks.
我能为你做些什么
So, what can I do for you?
我想接受你的提议
I wanted to take you up on your offer.
你和托尼·布坎南关系不错 是吗
You're good friends with Tony Buchanan, right?
是的 怎么了
I am. Why?
我在想你能否为我介绍一下
I was wondering if you could make an introduction.
你想为布坎南联合公♥司♥工作
You want to work for Buchanan and Associates?
我已经考虑过了
I've... I've always thought
他们是这里最厉害的说客
they're some of the strongest lobbyists in town.
我喜欢他们所代表的事业
I-I like the causes they represent,
他们对公众利益的关心 非盈利性质
their public-interest concerns, their non-profits.
你为什么想当说客
Why do you want to be a lobbyist?
因受人猜疑
Well, when you leave a high White House position
而从白宫高层离职的人
under a cloud, well,
选择范围有所局限
let's say your options are somewhat limited.
你并非因为受到猜疑而离职的
You didn't leave under a cloud.
我承认 这是有点神秘
I mean, I'll admit, it's a little mysterious,
但没有一丝丑闻的迹象
but there's no hint of scandal...
有吗
Is there?
没有
No.
那好吧
Okay, then.
你为什么不愿留在内部呢
Wouldn't you rather be on the inside?
我愿意 但说客似乎是个不错的临时工作
Y-Yeah, but lobbying seems like a pretty good temp job.
更何况 有钱不嫌多
Besides, the money wouldn't hurt.
这是问题所在
That's the problem.
一旦你习惯了那边的开支
Once you get used to that expense account,
就很难回头了
it's hard to go back.
是的
Yeah.
华盛顿需要你
Washington needs you on the inside.
你太优秀了 不能离开
You're too talented to leave.
我很感激 议员女士
Look, um, I appreciate that, ma'am,
但你有其他替补方案吗
but, um...can you think of any other alternatives?
有
Yeah.
为我工作
Work for me.
请进 大家
Everybody, come on in.
过来吧 都请坐下
That's it. Come on in. Please take a seat.
感谢你们今天都能到这里来
I want to thank you all for being here today.
昨晚 我谈到了具体的政策和想法
Last night, I spoke to specific policy and ideas,
但我想让你们知道我还在犹豫
but I want you to know that I am still trying to determine
该优先处理哪一项
my own priorities.
你们有任何提议的话 我将感激不尽
So any input that you have, I would be grateful for.
似乎有很多外界政♥治♥分♥析♥人士认为
There seem to be a few political pundits out there
我处事有明显的劣势
that think that I am working at a distinct disadvantage
因为我是无党派人士
because I am registered as an Independent.
我极其不赞同这种观点
I can't tell you how strongly I disagree with that.
我认为如果团结起来
I believe that if we work together,
我们就可以创造出两党双赢的
we can create a bi-partisan platform
两党合作平台
that would be beneficial to both parties,
作为无党派人士 我可以帮助促成这一构想
and as an Independent, I can help facilitate that.
我们可以绕过特殊利益集团和说客们
We have an opportunity to bypass special interests, lobbyists,
用怜悯之心 协作之心与理智常情
and use... compassion, cooperation, common sense.
我不像你们当中有人
Now I'm not as naive
认为的那样天真
as some of you would like to believe.
我没有轻视或过于简化
And I'm not trying to minimize or over-simplify
我们所面临的的巨大挑战
the incredible challenges that we will face.
但我们从今天开始努力
But as we begin our work here today,
我希望我们能朝着真正的合作精神前进
I would like us to move toward the true spirit of partnership.
说了这么多 就该从我做起了
Now, having said that, I'll go first.
鲍曼议员
Senator Bowman...
你跟我在枪♥械♥安全方面有意见分歧
you and I have very different opinions on gun safety.
我向你保证 议员
I would like to make a pledge to you, sir,
我会不辞辛劳地与你探讨这一问题
that I will work tirelessly with you
直到我们达成共识
until we reach a consensus
想出一个我们都能接受的方案
something that we both can live with,
甚至是非常满意的方案
maybe even be proud of.
总统先生 你可以相信我
Mr. President, you can rely on me
我是为了这个国家的最高利益而努力的
to act in the best interests of the country.
谢谢 议员先生
Thank you, sir.
我们进行了第一次友好会议
We had an amicable first meeting.
总统对未来有一些宏大的想法
The President has some big ideas for the future,
我们也是
and so do we.
总统于昨晚和今日均已明确表明
Now, the President made it clear last night and again today
对他而言枪♥支♥管控是一个重要问题
that gun control's an important issue to him.
就这个问题 我们没有完全达成共识
We don't happen to see eye-to-eye on the topic,
但我们在努力将问题公开化
but in an effort to bring the issue out into the open,
作为参议院拨款委员会的主席
as the Chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee,
我将会重新介绍
I will be re-introducing Bill 8180
前国会的第8180号♥法案
from the former Congress,
这将会加强联邦背景调查
which strengthens federal background checks.
现在 我恰好反对这项法案
Now, I happen to oppose this bill,
但本着两党讨论的精神
but in the spirit of bipartisan discussion,
我想要将它交给参议院作出辩论
I'd like to put it before the Senate for debate.
你相信这个家伙吗
Do you believe this guy?
虽然讨论问题是一回事
While it's one thing to talk about an issue...
王八蛋
Son of a bitch.
我们现在不能介绍自己的法案了
We can't introduce our own bill now.
如果我们这么做 看上去就像是在
We do that, and we look like we're competing
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表