剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
Did you get the briefing memo?
我拿到了 谢谢你
Yes, I did. Thank you.
好极了 我们会在罗斯福厅举♥行♥会议
Great. So, we'll be in the Roosevelt Room.
一共有十二位公众参与
Public Engagement has put together 12 people,
有男有女 来自全国各地
men and women, from all over the country,
种族分布 年龄分布合理
good cross section on age and race,
他们中的每个人都不幸地
and each one of them has, unfortunately,
因枪♥支♥暴♥力♥而失去了亲友
lost somebody due to gun violence.
所以今天过得不会太容易
So it's not gonna be an easy day,
但他们的故事将会提醒民众
but their stories will remind people
为何通过此项法案如此重要
of why this is so important.
还能向参议院施压 促使他们通过法案
And keep pressure on the Senate for this bill.
确实如此 不过不要刻意提起法案的事
Yes, exactly. Although I wouldn't mention the bill specifically,
今天的主旨在于聆听
today's really just about listening.
不要做出任何承诺
You don't want to make promises.
赛斯 别担心
Seth, please don't worry.
我已经受过教训了
I have learned my lesson.
我不是这个意思 夫人
That's not what I meant, ma'am.
别否认
Oh, yes, it is.
没关系 这是你的工作
And it's okay, it's your job.
好的
Okay.
最开始的时候有一个短暂的拍照时间
Um, there is a pool spray at the top,
会有几位记者在场
a couple of reporters,
但会议开始后就不再记录了
but everything's off the record once the meeting begins.
只有你和他们
It's just you and them.
好的
Okay.
我跟汤姆刚入住白宫时
You know, when Tom and I got into the White House,
我全然不知未来会如何
I had no idea what to expect.
但这次
But this
讨论真切关系到人♥民♥生活的事情
talking about things that really matter to people,
这正是我所希望的
this is exactly what I hoped for.
谢谢你的帮助
Thank you for helping.
谢谢你 夫人
Thank you, ma'am.
雷伯恩
众议院办公楼
把这个法案拿到委员会之外讨论
Bringing this bill out of committee
完全是鲍曼一手搞出来的
is a pure power move by Bowman.
他虽然刚刚才当上议员
I mean, he may be new to the Senate,
-但绝对不是好惹的 -这还用说
- but he's no virgin. - No kidding.
他辞去州长一职
The man resigned from the governor's office
就是为了能够被提名为议员
so he could be appointed to the Senate.
他想尽一切办法提高自己在全国的知名度
He's trying to jack his national profile as fast as he can.
而且这法子奏效了
And it's working.
已经有人在讨论鲍曼入主白宫了
There's already talk of a Bowman White House run.
他还在设法除掉自己的竞争对手 议员女士
And he's trying to eliminate his competition, ma'am.
他没有事先向您咨♥询♥就提出了这项法案
I mean, introducing this bill without consulting you?
他这是想要把你赶走
He's trying to take you out at the knees.
是的 可是
Yes, well...
作为国会里的资深共和党人
as the ranking Republican on the Hill,
我要谨慎应对
I have to be careful about how to respond.
毕竟他还是共和党一员
He's still a member of my party.
恕我直言 女士 我不这么认为
Respectfully, ma'am, I disagree.
我觉得你需要反击了
I think you need to push back...
狠狠地反击 以免他夺了你的权
hard, before it's his party.
给他点颜色看看
Show him.
他不是国会里唯一说了算的
He's not the only alpha dog in Congress.
亨特议员 非常感谢你能过来
Senator Hunter, thank you very much for coming.
你应该认识我的幕僚长艾米丽·罗迪斯了
I believe you know my Chief of Staff, Emily Rhodes.
很高兴再次见到你 议员
Nice to see you again, Senator.
-我也是 -请进
- Likewise. - Please.
总统先生 我觉得您今早的讲话很好
Mr. President, I admired your statement this morning.
谢谢你的赞赏
Thank you very much.
我们坐吧
Let's take a seat.
很显然 我们现在就指望着参议院中的
Obviously, we're counting on the support
民♥主♥党人都能支持第8180号♥法案
of the Democrats in the Senate on SB8180.
鉴于你曾任马萨诸塞州
And given your previous record as Attorney General
首席检察官一职
of the great state of Massachusetts,
我相信你会站到我这一边
I'm trusting that I can count on you as an ally.
我可以很骄傲地说马萨诸塞州
I am proud to say that Massachusetts
在全国有最严厉的枪♥支♥管控条例
has some of the strongest gun regulations in the country.
当然 我也很希望看到
Of course, I'd like to see
全面背景调查能成为全国性法律
universal background checks as the law of the land.
我明白这项法案可能没你想的那样全面深远
I understand that this bill might not go as far as you want,
但是我相信 我们已经朝着
but I believe that it starts the ball rolling
正确的方向开始前进了
in the right direction.
还有另一个问题
That isn't the only issue.
参议院第8180号♥法案措辞有缺陷
SB8180 is flawed--
甚至有人说是漏洞百出
fatally, some would say.
白宫会加紧斟酌该项法案的措辞
We will work the language of the bill in the House...
但是如果这次参议院没有通过的话
but if we don't get it past the Senate,
我都不知道是否还能有这样的机会了
I don't know if we're gonna get another chance at this.
我同意您的观点 总统先生
I agree with you, Mr. President,
所以我愿意去说服我的同事统一战线
which is why I'm willing to convince my colleagues to fall in line.
这样就太好了
I'm very glad to hear that.
但即使议院里所有的民♥主♥党人
Yeah, but even if every Democrat in the Senate
都投票支持这个法案 也没法保证它通过
votes for this bill, it's not enough to pass.
你还需要五个共和党人的票
You'll still need five Republicans.
是的 我们知道这有一定难度
Yes, we know it's going to be a challenge.
你们不仅是在跟杰克·鲍曼竞争 总统先生
You're not just competing against Jack Bowman here, sir.
他们可是持枪游说者
This is the gun lobby.
这牵扯到支持《第二修正案》的人♥民♥
This is the Second Amendment folks.
代价肯定不会小
It's going to be expensive,
所以我们要确保你不会过于让步
and we need to know that you won't give away too much.
你具体指什么
What exactly do you mean?
我是指
I mean...
虽然我们不知道你的底线
we don't know your red line,
但我可以告诉你什么是我们无法忍♥受的
but I can tell you what we won't tolerate.
如果要我们对富人减税
If we get a whiff of tax cuts for the rich
或减少医保和社保预算
or cuts to medicare or social security,
我们就不再支持这项法案
we will back out of this bill.
我向你保证 议员
You have my word, Senator.
我跟你们的想法一致
I'm right there with you.
很好
Good.
祝你好运 总统先生
And good luck, Mr. President.
恐怕这事你需要点运气
I'm afraid you're going to need it.
自♥由♥
Freedom.
是自♥由♥让美国变得伟大
It's what makes America great --
这场战斗永远不会结束
a fight that never ends.
作为美国♥军♥队最勇敢的力量
And as the brave forces of the United States Military
我们被派驻到全世界各个动荡地区
deploy to trouble spots around the world,
勃朗宁-里德就在他们身边
Browning-Reed is right there beside them.
勃朗宁-里德在安全策略方面
Browning-Reed is the tip of the spear
是行业内最为顶尖的
when it comes to security strategy.
勃朗宁-里德建立于1993年
Browning-Reed was established in 1993.
在最开始的二十年时间里
For its first 20 years in operation,
它是五角大楼的首选私人雇佣兵
it was the go-to private military for the Pentagon.
嗯 我记得该机构有员工
Yeah, I remember -- some of their employees
在阿富汗射杀了一批平民
shot up a bunch of civilians in Afghanistan.
对 而且他们贿赂了阿富汗当局以掩盖此事
Right, and they bribed Afghan authorities to cover it up.
有意思
That's charming.
这公♥司♥不管哪里都让人厌恶
The whole place stunk from the top down.
不管怎样 这公♥司♥去年七月瓦解了
Anyway, the company was dissolved last July.
只留下了一些不动产
All that's left is some real-estate holdings,
奇怪的是他们还在付房♥产税
which they're oddly still paying property taxes on.
其中一处是布鲁克·马西森的房♥子
One of the properties is Brooke Mathison's house,
哥伦比亚路
我们就是在那找到了威胁评估报告
where we found the threat assessments.
他们在北达科他州的德里格斯也有房♥产
They also have property in Driggs, North Dakota --
距离恶魔湖46公里的地方
30 miles outside of Devil's Lake.
看起来相当偏僻啊
Well, that just looks like the middle of nowhere.
可不是
Right?
那为什么布鲁克·马西森要在2011年2月
So why would Brooke Mathison fly to North Dakota four times
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表