剧集 | 绯闻女孩(2007) | 导航列表
She seems really easygoing and into you.
她看来很好相处而且真心喜欢你
Yeah, seriously, Dan. Play the parent card.
是啊 说真的 丹 该打出父母牌了
People like you more when they meet our family.
人们见了我们家人会更喜欢我们的
It's true.
没错
All right. Okay. A-all right. I'll invite her.
那好吧 我会邀请她的
Oh, that's awesome.
太好了
It's gonna be a great night for the Humphreys.
汉弗瑞家将会迎来美好的一夜
And who knows? Maybe the Abramses.
谁知道呢 也许是埃布拉姆家之夜
Wait. Bree's cousin hosts a poker game?
等等 布里的兄弟要举办牌局
Yeah, P.J. Buckley. Picture, like, a young J.R. Ewing
P.J·巴克利 长的好像年轻的尤因
In earnest sewn jeans.
却衣衫褴褛
And you really think he'll play for Carter's debt?
你真的认为他会赴约来帮卡特还债
Oh, I've seen his friends bet thoroughbreds,
我在塞舌尔的一个小岛上见识过
An island in the Seychelles, the Knicks.
他那些尼克斯队的朋友 可都是赌场老手
Okay, but what makes you think we'll win?
好吧 可是为什么你觉得他一定能赢
You're not exactly a card shark.
你又不是个玩牌老手
Well, this one night at the Maidstone,
在梅德斯通的一天晚上
Bree told me every one of P.J.'s tells.
布里把P.J的玄机都告诉过我了
So you'll know exactly when to call his bluff.
这样你就能什么时候该呼应
Wait. Me?
等等 我
Oh, yeah. You're gonna be playing.
对啊 你要上桌子玩牌
Nate.
内特
No.
这可不行
Well, serena, P.J. Hates me.
瑟琳娜 P.J不喜欢我
I mean, luckily, he likes blondes, though.
我是说 说不定他喜欢金发美女
And didn't you spend a summer
你不是有个夏天
in Monte Carlo with your mom
在蒙特卡洛和你妈妈度假吗
When she dated Carlos Mortensen?
她和卡洛斯·莫特森约会那会
I was 9.
我才九岁啊
Carlos taught me to play using Necco Wafers as chips.
而且卡洛斯是用华夫饼当牌教我的
Well, just imagine Carter owes the Buckleys
那就想象卡特欠了巴克利
Half a million Necco Wafers.
五十万的华夫饼
"...and Ms. Abrams has even been mentioned
埃布拉姆女士也被提名
"As a contender to deliver this year's toast
作为在今年迎新会上
At the freshman dinner."
致辞的候选人
oh, my god. Enough.
天啊 够了
I am in no mood to hear you fawn over some girl
我可没心情听你用陈词滥调
With tacky accessories who lives to recycle.
来奉承其他女孩
Blair, didn't you ask Mr. Ellis
布莱尔 你有没有问过艾利斯先生
If you could give the freshman speech?
让你来做迎新会演讲
I put out feelers. That's totally different.
我试过 那可完全是另一回事
Of course. I'd be honored, Mr. Ellis. Thank you.
当然 我非常荣幸 艾利斯先生 谢谢
You.
你
Yeah, Blair, me.
就是我 布莱尔
F.Y.I....one insipid article
一片乏味的福布斯生活时尚副刊报道
Does not mean people here like you.
不代表每个人都喜欢你
The fever will pass, like swine flu.
这就像猪流感一样 都会过去
Really? Huh. Then I wonder why Josh Ellis...
是吗 那我真想知道为什么乔什·艾利斯
He's this kind of important alumni liaison...
这位校友会的重要人物
Told me to start working on
告诉我要开始准备
my toast for the freshman dinner.
迎新晚会上的祝酒词了
What are you standing there for? Get in here!
你们还发什么呆 快点进来
I love it. You know, cobalt's my favorite color.
我喜欢这个 你知道吗 我最喜欢钴蓝色了
Push the button.
按一下按钮
It's 11:45.
现在是11点45分
Your hair is so pleasing.
你的发型真讨人喜欢
It's a compliment watch.
这可是块“恭维手表”
And it flatters in three different languages.
而且它会用三种不同语言来奉承人
Oh, my god.
我的天啊
This is the greatest watch in the history of all watches.
这可是有史以来最棒的一块手表
The Swiss should be ashamed for not thinking of it first.
瑞士人真应该为没有发明这种手表而感到羞愧
So, um, what are you gonna do this weekend to thank me?
那么你打算这个周末怎么来感谢我呢
Uh, you know, actually, um, about that,
要知道 事实上
I was thinking I would invite you
我正想约你
To the parents' weekend freshman dinner
和我还有我的父母一起
With, uh, with me and my parents.
去参加新生家长晚宴
And I-I know you're probably exhausted.
我知道你可能还比较累
I would love to.
我很乐意参加
Really? Are you sure?
真的吗 你确定
'Cause you heard the part about my parents, right?
你听到我父母也要去了吧
Dan, the last three guys I dated...
丹 过去我约会的三个男孩
I met their agent, their manager,
我可是去见他们的经纪公♥司♥和经纪人
Their publicist,
公♥关♥
A personal trainer who also read Tarot cards,
还有研究塔罗牌的私人教练
And I never met a single one of their parents.
我从来没有去见他们任何人的父母
I would love to meet yours.
我真的很愿意去见你的父母
I missed you.
我想你
It's 11:46.
现在是11点46分
Your teeth shine like diamonds.
你的牙齿像钻石般闪亮
It's true.
没错
It's very true.
说的没错
You've reached Arlo and Gabriela Abrams.
你已经接通阿洛和加百莉亚·埃布拉姆家
Pay it forward.
请讲
Hey, mom, dad.
嗨 妈妈 爸爸
Look, I know you guys aren't happy that I'm at N.Y.U.,
请听我说 我知道你们不乐意我在纽约大学读书
But I'm giving this toast tomorrow night,
但是明天晚宴上我要致辞
And it's kind of a big honor.
这是极大的荣誉
And it would mean so, so much to me if you came,
如果你们能来将会更有意义
So I hope you can.
所以我希望你们可以来
Careful, V.
小心了 V
Don't send out your invitations just yet.
不要这么早就发出你的邀请
We hear another girl has her eyes on the prize.
我们听说还有个女孩惦记着这份荣誉
Montesquieu, Churchill, Hobbes...
孟德斯鸠 丘吉尔 霍布斯
I'm thinking my toast should touch on...
我希望我的祝酒词能够囊括
Tradition, virtue,
传统 美德
The divine right of the monarchy.
君主立宪制
But, Blair, Vanessa's giving the toast.
但是 布莱尔 是瓦内萨要致辞啊
Not when I'm done.
等我完工可就不是她了
Mao, Sun-tzu, of course,
当然还有毛♥泽♥东♥和孙子
Napoleon's always good for a few zingers.
拿破仑总是擅长做出让人震惊的事情
Though things are rarely as simple as they appear.
但是事情往往不是看上去那么简单
This is Josh Ellis.
我是乔什·艾利斯
Well, I'm thrilled he changed your mind.
我很惊讶他居然改变了你的想法
Of course we'd still love to have you give the toast.
当然我们还是希望你来致辞
Yes, there was another girl,
是的 的确一个备选的姑娘
But we hadn't fully committed to her.
但是我们还没有完全认可她
We definitely want you.
我们当然希望你来
Great, I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Ellis.
太好了 明天见 艾利斯先生
Good-bye, jet lag. Hello, triple Ristretto.
摆脱时差 来杯超浓
Yes. What was that?
没错 打电♥话♥说什么了
Just a surprise.
一个惊喜
And something tells me we're in for a show.
预兆显示我们有表演看了
Now, Ms. Waldorf, if this is about letting you give the freshman toast,
霍道夫小姐 如果你来是想我们 让你代表新生致辞
Like I told you last week, I'd love to help you out, but
正如我上周跟你说过的 我想帮助你 但是
Actually, Mr. Ellis, I'm here to help you.
事实上 艾利斯先生 我是来帮你的
Simply put, Vanessa Abrams is a tired clich from the 7-1-8.
简单点说 瓦内萨·埃布拉姆 是7-1-8的陈词滥调
The preachy "I hate the man" toast
她脑袋里"我讨厌这个男人"
She no doubt has in mind won't inspire the kind of
的激进祝酒词对学校需要的
Deep-pocket donations this school needs.
慈善捐款没什么帮助
You need a speaker more like, well, me.
你需要一个更好的发言人 比如我
Ms. Waldorf, yes, last week I narrowed my search
霍道夫小姐 上周我是把范围缩小在
Down to two candidates. But just moments ago,
两个候选人上 但是刚刚
Our first choice, Olivia Burke, accepted our invitation.
我的首位人选 奥莉薇亚·伯克接受了我们的邀请
Then why does activist Abrams still think she's giving the toast?
那为什么激进分子埃布拉姆 还以为是她致辞
Vanessa was the other student that we were considering.
瓦内萨是我们考虑内的另一个姑娘
You see, initially, Olivia wasn't planning on attending,
因为最开始 奥莉薇亚没打算出席
But then luckily, for everyone,
但是很幸运
Her new boyfriend convinced her otherwise.
她的新男友说服了她
Yes, she is very famous.
是的 她很出名
Mm-hmm. But she's a 2-quadrant speaker.
但是她是一半合格的发言人
剧集 | 绯闻女孩(2007) | 导航列表