剧集 | 超女 | 导航列表
业主保险
Home owner's insurance.
你知道外星人入侵其实不在保险范围内吗
Did you know that it doesn't actually cover alien invasion?
-谁知道呢 -我们知道
- Who knew? - We did,
因为我们在商业版里报道过
because we covered that in our business section.
对 但那是很久以前的事了
Right, and that's all the way in the back,
它把普通人变成了数字和统计数据
and it turns the common person into numbers and statistics.
我来这是告诉你 在这些数字的背后
I am here to tell you that there are people
是活生生的人
behind these numbers.
那些人正在受苦
People who are hurting,
如果你们也能报道他们的事
and it would be so very helpful
那会帮上他们的大忙
if you would just tell their stories, too.
洛克伍德教授 很感谢你的立场
Professor Lockwood, I appreciate your position,
对于你的遭遇 我表示遗憾
and I'm very sorry for what you've been going--
你有听到我说的话吗
Did you hear anything that I--
这不仅关系到我
This isn't about just me.
奥尔森先生 莉娜·卢瑟打来电♥话♥
Mr. Olsen, I have Lena Luthor on the line for you.
我们的谈话不得不结束了
I have to cut this short,
但你提出了一些合理的观点
but you make some valid points
我会告诉卢瑟小姐的
and I'll bring them up to Ms. Luthor.
莉娜·卢瑟 她和这些有什么关系
Lena Luthor. What the hell does she have to do with any of this?
我不知道你是否听说了 她现在是这里的老板
I'm not sure if you heard, but she runs this place now.
卢瑟小姐 不 我现在不忙
Ms. Luthor. No, I'm not busy right now.
本土主义者
Nativist.
6个月前
一个常用于贬义的词
Term often used in a derogatory fashion
用来形容那些害怕外人的人
to describe those who fear the other.
问你们一个问题
Question for you.
那些想要保护自己家园不受外来者入侵的人
What's wrong with those who wish to protect their homes
有错吗
from the outsiders?
美国是一个移♥民♥♥国♥家
Well, America is a country of immigrants.
没错 但是这点一直都有争议性
Yes, but that's always been controversial.
在1775年 本杰明·富兰克林本人
You see, in 1775, Benjamin Franklin himself
写到他自己对移♥民♥的恐惧
writes of his own fears of immigrants whom he warned,
移♥民♥永远无法接受我们的文化或习俗
"The immigrant will never adopt our language or customs
正如他们无法获得我们的肤色一样
any more than he could acquire our complexion."
富兰克林当时说的是德国移♥民♥
Franklin was talking about German immigrants
而且当时美国还是英国的殖民地
back when America was still a British colony.
我看不出这话如何能套用在其他地方
I don't see how it applies to anything.
我明白这个观点为什么会有问题
I can see why this point of view would be problematic,
尤其是在我们说到人类移♥民♥的时候
especially since we are talking about human immigrants.
过去的两百年来 无论何种肤色的
Human immigrants, who, for the past 200 years,
人类移♥民♥成就了美国的伟大
made America great no matter what their complexion.
但是现在 我们欢迎的
But now, we welcome immigrants
不仅是他国移♥民♥
not only from outside our borders,
还有外星移♥民♥
but from beyond our atmosphere.
那我问问你们
So, let me just ask you...
人类工人如何与其竞争
How does the human worker compete?
有人能回答吗 人类工人如何与外星人竞争
Anyone? How does the human worker compete against an alien
外星人毫不费力地
who could lift two tons of steel
就能将两吨♥重的钢铁扛在肩上
over its head without even breaking a sweat.
人类工人如何与一个
How does the human worker compete
能跨海岸空运货物的外星人竞争
against an alien that can fly goods from one coast to the other,
而我们的卡车就只能放着生锈
leaving our trucks to rust away in the sand.
抱歉 教授 讲到哪一页了
Sorry, Professor, what page are we on?
本·富兰克林的担忧成真了
Ben Franklin's fears have come to pass.
现代移♥民♥无法融入
The modern immigrant cannot assimilate
而这不是意愿的问题
and it's not a question of desire,
也不是文化的问题
not a question of culture,
这是生物学的问题 就此来看
it is a question of biology. And from that context...
就此来看
From that context,
说我本土主义
I should be proud
我会感到自豪
if you were to call me a nativist.
这不是本土主义 这是仇外
This isn't nativism. It's xenophobia.
这话从你这肤色的人嘴里说出来
I can't say I'm surprised to hear that
我一点也不意外
from someone with your complexion.
我们又收到对你课程的投诉了 本
We've had another complaint about your class, Ben.
-这些年轻人啊 -但确实
- Uh-oh. Millennials. - Still.
你讲课似乎太极端了
It sounds like your lectures are extreme.
历史是极端的 真理也是极端的
Well, history is extreme, truth is extreme.
课堂不是一个安全港湾
The classroom isn't a safe space
让老师把童话版的事实讲给学生听
where everyone gets to hear a fairy tale version of the facts.
如果学生没法接受
And if students can't handle perspectives
与自己不同的观点
that are different than their own,
那我也没办法 也许他们不该在这里学习
then I don't know. Maybe they don't belong here.
学校董事会可不这么想
The tenure board would disagree.
-这是什么意思 -关于你课堂上的言论
- What are you saying? - You've been warned multiple times
学校已经警告你很多次了
about the rhetoric in your class.
我们认为你应该无偿离职
Now, we think you should take a leave of absence without pay.
你知道我家里的情况
You know what my family is going through.
我不能失去这份工作
I can't lose this job.
你这是把你自己的偏见
You're passing on your own prejudice
教给学生 本
to our students, Ben.
这是一所大学 一所多样化的大学
We're a university, a diverse one.
听着 我很抱歉 我一直挺喜欢你
Look, I'm sorry. I've always liked you,
但这是你自找的
but you brought this on yourself.
沃伦主任 听我说 我...
Dean Warren, look, I'm...
不敢相信他们竟然
I still can't believe they haven't rounded up
还没抓到从阿尔巴特洛斯湾潜逃的犯人
all those escaped convicts from Albatross Bay.
说实话 那疯狂哥特妹
Honestly, after that crazy goth chick
差点把他们烤焦在监狱里
tried frying them all in their cells
他们也应该休个假了
they probably deserve a little furlough.
你认识这人吗
Do you know this guy?
洛克伍德教授 你跟踪我到这来的吗
Professor Lockwood? Did you follow me here?
是你告我的状吗 玻璃心
Did you tattle on me, Snowflake?
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
我在说什么 行 我说你肤色的事
What am I talking about? Okay, look, the complexion thing.
算我错了 我道歉
I'm sorry, I apologize,
但你非得害我被开除吗 这是我的工作
but you had to get me fired? This is my job.
我的生计 我还要养家
This is my livelihood. I have a family!
我什么都没说
I didn't say anything,
但别人说了也不奇怪
but I'm not surprised someone did.
别人 对啊 因为我实在太过分了
Oh! Someone. Absolutely! Because I was so out of line!
你看看你 你不正常
Look at you. You are not okay.
我不用你同情
Okay, I don't need your pity--
-没什么问题吧 -没
- Hey, everything okay here? - Yeah.
你又不是外星人 来这里干嘛
You're not an alien. What are you doing here?
今天是卡拉OK之夜 我问你一下
It's karaoke night. Let me ask you something.
我要唱野兽男孩的歌♥吗
Should I do Beastie Boys?
你觉得我能唱好吗
Do you think I could pull that off?
不行的话 那就唱托托的《非洲》
It's either that, or Africa by Toto.
我不是在跟你说这个
That's not really not what I'm talking about.
我说的是 你是人类而他们不是
I'm talking about you're human and they are not,
-他们很危险 -你说的"他们"是什么意思
- and they are dangerous. - What do you mean by "They"?
小强
Roaches.
你不知道我在说什么 她知道
You don't know what I'm talking about? She does.
我们不对外星人动手动脚
We don't touch aliens.
告诉你吧 我们不对任何人动手动脚
Actually, you know what? We don't touch anyone.
所以你那双手最好老实点
So, why don't you keep your hands to yourself
嘴巴放干净点
and watch that mouth.
行 你个地球叛徒
Got it. Yeah. Earth traitor.
多谢帮忙
Thanks for the backup.
不客气
Yeah. Anytime.
顺便说下 你可一定得唱野兽男孩的
And for the record, definitely Beastie Boys.
我就知道
I knew it.
打扰一下 先生 您关注时事吗
Excuse me, sir, are you a concerned citizen?
4个月前
您为孩子担忧吗
Hi, are you concerned for your children?
您对超女和联邦调查局
Hi, are you concerned that Supergirl works with the FBI
联手对付政敌感到担忧吗
to round up political enemies?
您对... 看路啊
Hi, are you... You just watch it.
抱歉 我的错 意外而已
Sorry. My bad. It's just an accident.
剧集 | 超女 | 导航列表