剧集 | 超女 | 导航列表
进步 你们怎么看待进步
Progress. What do we think of progress?
没有持续的发展与进步
Without continual growth and progress,
改善 成就与成功之类的概念
notions such as improvement, achievement, and success,
就没有意义
have no meaning.
这不是我说的 是本·富兰克林
That's not me. That's Ben Franklin.
但我要说的重点是
But my point is,
自从建国开始
ever since the beginning,
我们的领袖就执迷于进步
our leaders had been obsessed with progress.
但你能告诉我进步有什么好处吗
But can you tell me what's so great about it?
发现了新大♥陆♥
Well, the discovery of the New World,
这也是进步 对吗
that's progress, right?
对西班牙和哥伦布来说是
For Spain and Columbus.
对美洲原住民来说可不是
No so much for the Native Americans.
马斯丁总统的《外星人赦免法》
President Marsdin's Alien Amnesty Act.
那是进步吗
Is that progress?
我认为是进步 对吗 当然是
I think it's progress, right? Of course, it is.
但我知道一些美国人不这样认为
But I know some Americans who don't think so.
事实上 我知道一些美国人因此过得更糟
In fact, I know some Americans who are worse off for it.
我想表达什么观点呢
So, what's my point?
下次有人告诉你进步有多伟大时
The next time someone tells you how great progress is,
我希望你能停下想一想
I want you to stop a moment, I want you to think
是谁为进步付出了代价
about who paid the price for it.
好了 下课了 都出去吧
Okay, get out of here, get out of here.
生极科技事件仍未降温
The fallout continues for Biomax Technology
该公♥司♥上个月被曝光欺骗消费者
exposed last month for touting a fraudulent,
该设计可能致命
and possibly fatal design...
爸 你怎么回家了
Dad! What are you doing home?
我把它关了
I shut it down.
-又关了一座高炉 -是整间工厂
- Oh, not another blaster. - Whole factory.
什么
What?
他去银行贷款 被拒绝了
He went to the bank for the loan. They said no.
让他们去死 所有人去死
Hell with them and everyone else.
天啊 爸
Oh, God, Dad, um...
-我很遗憾 -少来
- I am so sorry. - Spare me.
做人太软弱 不肯起身抗争
This is what happens when you're too soft,
就是这个下场
when you don't stand up and fight.
抗争 爸 和谁抗争
Fight... Dad, fight who?
-你知道和谁 -那些害虫
- You know who. - The roaches.
-乔治 -乔治
- George! - George!
抱歉
Sorry.
好吧 我们或许积蓄不多
Okay, we might not have much,
但我们还有这幢房♥子 我们可以...
but we still have the house. We can...
我们可以做第二抵押 我去和银行谈
We can get a second mortgage. I'm gonna go talk to the bank.
谈 你就只会谈 对不对
Talk. That's mostly what you do, right?
谈谈谈
Talk, talk, talk.
可你真正该做的
When what you should be doing,
是出去拿出点男人样
is go out there-- and be a man.
爸 冷静点 好吗
Dad, calm down, all right?
你喝多了
You're drunk.
地球人 不要惊慌
People of Earth, do not be afraid.
我们为和平而来
We come in peace.
我们跨越星海
We have crossed a sea of stars
来带你们走上一条新的道路
in order to bring you a new way...
你接着说啊
You were saying?
更好的道路
...A better way.
瞧瞧 金罗美
Look at that. Gin rummy.
你肯定出老千了
Okay, I'm 100% sure you're cheating.
我们情况如何 这些食物大概够吃一周
Okay, so, what have we got? This is maybe a week of food,
限♥量♥配给的话或许够吃两周
maybe two if we ration it.
是啊 但水就快用光了
Yeah, but we're running out of water.
大概还能用三四天
We have three, maybe four days.
我们之前没把浴缸装满水吗
Didn't we fill the tub?
装了
Yes.
我想我们或许应该离开
I think maybe we should leave.
离开
Leave?
-可这是我们的家 -是啊
- This is our home. - Yeah, it is,
但很快就要断粮断水了
but it's quickly running out of food and water.
我们无处可去
There is nowhere for us to go.
达克萨姆人设立了检查点
The Daxamites have set up checkpoints.
好吧 那我们能开多远开多远
Okay, then we drive as far as we can.
或许我们能避开检查点 到沿海城市
Maybe we can sneak around the checkpoints, get to Coast City
但我们必须试试看
but we have to try something.
试试看 是啊
Try something? Yeah.
我们为什么不试试这样 为什么不留下
How about we try this? How about we stay
为属于我们的东西抗争
and we fight for what's ours?
这是我们的家 本 我们不是难民
This is our home, Ben. We're not refugees.
爸 我们就在这等着
Dad, just wait here.
超女会来救我们的
Supergirl will come and save us.
不 她不会的
No! No, she won't,
因为超女和那些入侵者一样是外星人
because Supergirl is an alien just like the invaders.
抗争 爸 用什么抗争
And fight, Dad? Fight with what?
我们的全部家当都在这里
Because all we have is right here.
但你知道吗 没关系
But you know what? That's okay.
因为我们是一家人
Because we're a family.
我们可以一家人齐心合力
And we can come together as a family.
爸 你和乔治去拿包
So, Dad, you and Georgie get the bags.
莉迪娅 去发动车子 我去拿补给品
Lydia, ready the car. I'll get the supplies.
听我说 我们能挺过去的
Hey, listen. We can do this.
你是个好男人 本·洛克伍德
You're a good man, Ben Lockwood.
你也是个好妻子
You're not so bad yourself.
快走
Go!
-后退 -快走 快走
- Get back! - Go! Go!
我的单车
My bike!
没关系 没关系
It's okay, it's okay, it's okay.
你们安全了
You're safe, now.
他们走了
They're gone...
下一个问题
Next question.
凯特·格兰特新闻发布会
12个月前
大胡子 问吧
All right, long beard, go ahead.
随着白宫翻修工作的开始
With the White House renovations coming along,
总统想把蓝屋粉刷成什么颜色
what color is the President intending to paint the Blue Room?
蓝色
Blue.
谁能给我拿点止痛药来吗
Can somebody please bring me some Ibuprofen?
我觉得有点头疼
I feel a bit of a headache coming on.
奥尔森先生
Mr. Olsen?
伊芙 你能确认一下市区银行抢劫案现场
Eve, can you make sure that we have a reporter downtown
是否有我们的记者吗
for the bank robbery?
我们不能指望卡拉全城到处跑
We can't expect Kara to be everywhere, all over--
这位是纳市大学的洛克伍德教授
This is Professor Lockwood from NCU.
记不记得他要求与你进行五分钟的会面
Remember he asked for five minutes?
对
Right.
谢谢你肯这么仓促地与我见面
Thank you for seeing me on such short notice.
没问题 我总是有时间接见我们的读者
Not a problem. I always have time for our subscribers.
-请坐 -好
- Please have a seat. - Yeah.
有什么能帮你的吗
What can I help you with?
那我就直接问了
Well, I'll just ask you.
凯特科为什么不报道外星人攻击
Why doesn't CatCo cover the impact of extraterrestrial attacks
对普通公民的影响
on your average citizen?
听你这么说我很惊讶
I'm surprised to hear you say that
因为我们尽了最大的努力
because we make our best effort
去报道每条新闻的每个侧面
to cover every side of every story.
我们对达克萨姆人入侵以及余波的报道
And our coverage on the Daxamite invasion
还为我们赢得了普利策奖
and its aftermath did win us a Pulitzer.
这我知道 那是篇文笔优美的文章
I'm aware of that. It's a very beautifully-written article,
但它写得好像这件事完结了似的
but it treats the story like it's over and done with.
在我住的社区里 人们丢了工作
In my neighborhood, people have lost their jobs,
损失了财产 失去了...
people have lost possessions, people have lost...
失去了家园
People have lost their homes.
对不起 这周坏事频发
I'm sorry, it's been a hell of a week.
那我说一些令你吃惊的事吧
Let me just blow your mind here, okay?
剧集 | 超女 | 导航列表