所以你真的会与芝加哥警署
So this really something you're doing
-每个警员都这样做吗 -是的 长官
- with every officer from CPD? - Yes, sir.
你不用叫我长官
Hey, you don't have to call me sir.
不用这么正式
It's pretty formal for somebody
毕竟你都要问我最深最黑暗的秘密了
who's gonna ask me my deepest, darkest secrets.
不会的 我保证
It won't be that, I promise.
我只会问你一些
I'm simply asking questions
对预测将来有帮助的问题
designed to forecast future problems.
预知未来吗
To predict the future?
那应该很不错 是吧
Oh, that'd be nice, wouldn't it?
可惜不是
But no.
这只是早期干预策略的一环
This is just another supplement to Early Intervention Strategy.
对 要预测我是否会在未来工作中
Right, to predict if I'm gonna do something stupid
犯一些愚蠢的错误
on the job in the future.
这纯粹是支持 而不是惩罚
It's purely supportive, not punitive.
我如果答错了呢
What if I answer a question wrong?
答案没有对错
There is no wrong.
都是为了让我们更加理解你
Any answer would just help us understand you.
-理解你是谁 -我懂
- Who you are. - Well, I get that.
我以前接受过心理咨♥询♥ 来吧
I've been to therapy before, so lay it on me.
你的咖啡一般怎么喝
So how do you like your coffee?
黑咖啡
Black.
你呢
How do you like yours?
我不喝咖啡
I don't drink coffee.
你一直是这么喝吗
And have you always taken it that way?
是的 一份奶一份糖 每天早上都是
Yes, one cream, one sugar, every morning.
这能说明我什么特点吗
Does that say something about me?
你觉得自己是个墨守陈规的人吗
Would you consider yourself a creature of habit?
不会 我什么都能喝
Uh, no, no, I drink all the drinks.
你用过种族歧视的词汇吗
Have you ever used a racial slur?
这个话题太突然了 我没有
That's a hell of a segue. No, no I have not.
你听过家庭成员使用种族歧视的词汇吗
Have you ever heard a family member use a racial slur?
不知道 也许吧
I don't know. Maybe.
有过
Yeah.
对于你自己和家庭成员的关系
Would you say you have a good relationship
-你认为融洽吗 -我觉得还行
- with your family? - I'd say it's fine.
你认为警♥察♥是你的家人吗
Do you consider the police force your family?
我的部门是
My unit.
其他警员呢
And the rest of the police force?
不 只是同事
No, coworkers.
你是否有过
Have you ever felt
可以称之为愤怒管理问题的经历
what you would categorize as anger issues?
没有
Nope.
创伤经历呢
And what about trauma?
有
Yes.
你体会过创伤后的压力吗
Have you experienced post-traumatic stress?
体会过
Yes.
你在工作中犯过错误吗
Have you ever made a mistake on the job?
你开过枪吗
Have you ever had to fire your weapon?
你杀过人吗
Have you ever killed someone?
你在工作中恐惧过吗
Have you ever felt fear on the job?
你是否认为自己不适合这份工作
Do you believe you are the wrong fit for this job?
作为芝加哥警署的一名警员
Are you proud to be an officer
你是否感到自豪
of the Chicago Police Department?
你是否认为自己有能力 有价值 有正义
Do you believe you're capable, worthy, right?
他们问这些问题
What the actual hell do they think
到底是想得到什么啊
they're gonna get out of all of that?
要是想知道我是不是好警♥察♥
They should check my police record
直接看我的警局档案就可以了
if they wanna know if I'm a good or a bad cop.
是不是 对吧
Am I right? Am I?
不 他们不想知道你现在如何
Nah, nah, they don't wanna know who you are now.
他们是想知道你以后如何
They wanna know who you gonna be then.
你跟他们待一小时 也神神叨叨的了
One hour with them, and you're a psychic too?
也许我有潜力
Maybe I got the future in me,
但如果回答问题能够帮助我们找到偏见
but if asking us questions is gonna help us find prejudice,
避免问题 改善执法现状
prevent problems, and progress policing,
我愿意坐一整天
then I'll sit for it all damn day.
我理解他们的意图
I get the intention.
我只是觉得有点过了 不是吗
It's just, I don't know, seems a little overzealous, right?
我只是想说 别为了找到少数
I'm just saying, you don't punish the many
而滥罚无辜 你懂吗
to get to the few, you know?
为了找不存在的裂缝 折磨无辜的好警♥察♥
Grill good cops looking for cracks that ain't there.
我只是想知道 我对咖啡的喜好
I just wanna know what my coffee order
-跟当警♥察♥有关系吗 -各位
- has to do with anything. - Hey, guys.
怎么了 有案子吗
What's going on? We got a case?
一场涉及警员的枪击案
An officer-involved shooting.
-很糟糕 -不是吧
- A bad one. - No.
发生了什么
What happened?
我一个巡警哥们
A buddy of mine in patrol
发来了居民拍下来的视频
sent over this civilian witness video.
有人拿手♥机♥拍了
Somebody caught it on a cell phone.
我说了 把双手完全举起来
I said get your hands all the way up
转过身去
and turn around.
别拿枪指着我
Stop pointing your gun at me!
举起手来 转过身去
Hands up! Turn around!
你拿枪指着我 而我什么都没做错
Your gun is pointed at me, and I did nothing wrong.
我拒绝
So no.
我说最后一次 好吗
Then this is the last time. Okay?
举起手来 远离武器
You're gonna get your hands away from your weapon,
然后转过身去
and you're gonna turn around.
韦兰 你别激动 好吗
Hey, hey, Wheelan, let's just relax, all right?
我不动 我知道自己的权利
I'm not moving. I know my rights.
打电♥话♥给你上级
Call your supervisor.
把手从武器上拿开
Hey, hands away from your weapon, up!
我的手根本没靠近武器
Mine aren't nowhere near my weapon!
-举起手来 -我们冷静下
- Get them up! - Let's just calm down.
-转过身去 -我绝对不动
- Turn around! - I ain't gonna move.
-我让你转身 -韦兰
- I said turn around! - Wheelan!
-快点 -韦兰
- Now! - Wheelan!
快
Now!
我的天哪
Oh, my God!
不要
No!
那孩子死了吗
The kid die?
死在了人行道上
On the pavement.
他是谁
Who was he?
他叫杰夫·邓肯 没有前科
His name is Jeff Duncan. Zero priors.
在腰带上持有一把合法枪♥支♥
Had a legal gun in his waistband.
因为超速被喊停车
Pulled over for going seven over the speed limit.
惠特尼·杨高中毕业
Graduate of Whitney Young.
目前在芝加哥大学就读
Student at University of Chicago.
警员呢
And the officers?
开枪的培训官 叫戴维·韦兰
The FTO who fired the shot, Dave Wheelan.
旁边的警员刚警校毕业一个月 叫安德烈·库珀
PPO a month out of the academy is named Andre Cooper.
库珀说了吗
Cooper's talking?
跟事件响应小组和民警问责办公室都说了
Oh yeah, to IRT and COPA,
他的证词从未改变
and his statement never changed.
杰夫压根就没有去掏枪
Jeff never went for his weapon.
完全没有理由去使用致命手段
There was zero justification to use deadly force.
我还有三名目击证人
I also have three witnesses
外加两个警用监控
and two POD cameras.
内务部正在去韦兰警官家的路上
IAD is on their way to Officer Wheelan's house now,
但我希望找两名便衣
but I would like two undercovers
来帮助押送他
to make the transport.
那... 那不是我团队的工作
That's... That's not what my unit does.
我是说想找个芝加哥警官
I mean I think you'd be hard pressed
愿意掺和到这件事
to find any Chicago police officer
-恐怕很难 -我明白
- who wants to step in this. - I know.
我明白过去的经验告诉我们
I know history tells us that this
这种事是不能介入的
is not something to step in,
所以我才找我信任的团队
which is why I'm asking a unit I trust,
剧集 | 芝加哥警署 | 导航列表