你为伯特拉姆·伊万工作吗
You work for Bertram Iwan?
不 但他是我想和你谈谈的原因
No. But he is the reason I'd like to talk to you.
我想我也许可以帮你处理
I think I might be able to help you with the lawsuit
你向他提起的诉讼
you filed against him.
你是个私♥家♥侦♥探♥
You're a private investigator?
我更喜欢"顾问侦探" 不过是的
I prefer "Consulting detective," But yes.
你对于恶魔之足的难题的解答
I was very impressed with your work
给我留下了很深的印象
on the Devil's Foot conundrum.
你认为莫蒂默·特雷加尼斯
Your theory that Mortimer Tregannis
用从他姐姐的未婚夫那里偷来的有毒植物
poisoned his siblings with a toxic plant
毒死了他的手足 很有说服力
stolen from his sister's fiancé was very persuasive.
太有说服力了以至于伊万剽窃来拍了纪录片
So persuasive, Iwan stole it to make his documentary.
某个大工作室已经买♥♥下了版权
Some big studio already bought the rights
他们要把它改成一部故事片
so they can turn it into a feature.
就好像抄袭我还不够恶劣
As if plagiarizing me weren't bad enough,
现在他还能赚上数百万
now he's gonna make millions.
严重地不公平
A gross injustice.
这也正是我想见你的原因
And that's precisely why I wanted to see you.
你说你想帮我的案子
You said you wanted to help with my lawsuit.
我觉得没什么可做的了
I-I don't think there's anything left to do.
我在美国和英国聘请了律师
I hired lawyers in the U.S. and the U.K.
我在两国都提起诉讼 提交了限制令
I sued in both places, filed restraining orders.
为了能负担费用
I had to move back in with my parents
我不得不搬回我父母家住
so I could pay for it all.
没有一点用
Nothing worked.
现在我没钱继续告他了
Now, I-I can't afford to chase it anymore.
司法可能很复杂难懂
Well, justice can be slippery.
不如让我帮帮你吧
Why don't you let me help you grasp it?
这是一家我在过去几年
This is a law firm I've done
合作过不少次的律师事务所
plenty of work with over the years.
他们在伦敦 纽约 香港都有办事处
They've got offices in London, New York, Hong Kong.
我说服了他们接你的案子但只收佣金
I persuaded them to take on your case on a commission-only basis.
打赢官司前你不用付任何钱
You'd pay nothing until you win.
如果你感兴趣的话
If you're interested.
那对袖扣是汉普顿的父亲给他的
Hampton's father gave him those cuff links.
那家伙也是个混球
He was a son of a bitch, too.
你们觉得汉普顿杀了奥特姆·克里利
You think Hampton murdered Autumn Cleary,
而且正因如此 你们认为
and because you think he murdered Autumn Cleary,
他也杀了你们昨晚发现的那个女人
you also think he murdered the woman you found last night?
只有一个问题
There's just one problem.
你丈夫去世十年了 我们知道
Your husband's been dead for ten years. We know.
就在打电♥话♥给你前得知的
We found out right before we called you.
如果你们都知道他死了 何必还打电♥话♥
If you knew he was dead, why call at all?
因为如果他确实杀了奥特姆·克里利
Because if we're right about him killing Autumn Cleary,
也许他不是单独作案
it's possible he didn't act alone.
可能是当初帮过他的同伙
And maybe the person that helped him
昨晚实施了谋杀
committed the murder last night.
我们希望你能给我们
We were hoping that you could point us
指一些方向
in someone's direction.
首先我想说
First things first.
绝对是我丈夫杀了奥特姆·克里利
My husband absolutely murdered Autumn Cleary.
他向你承认过吗
He confessed to you at some point?
当然不是
No.
但我知道他们俩有婚外情
But I knew he was seeing her.
而且
And I knew,
我比任何人都清楚
better than anyone,
他非常暴♥力♥
that he was a violent man.
多年以来他一直对我家暴
He'd been abusing me for years.
真抱歉
We're sorry to hear that.
你们知道他在市内有很多房♥产吧
You know, he owned properties all around the city, right?
他的名字现在仍在很多建筑上
His name is still on the buildings.
范德维这个 范德维那个
"Vanderwey this, Vanderwey that."
其实之前有一栋楼
Turns out, there was one building
他没以自己命名
he didn't put his name on.
直到他死后
I only found out about it
我才知道
after he died.
他在那里留了间公♥寓♥
He kept an apartment there.
用来金屋藏娇
A place to stash his mistresses.
那栋楼就在奥特姆·克里利的尸体
The building bordered the courtyard
被发现的空地旁边
where Autumn Cleary's body was found.
现在是两具尸体了
Both bodies, now.
如果你觉得你丈夫杀了奥特姆
If you thought your husband killed Autumn,
为什么没告诉警方
why didn't you say anything to the police?
他都死了
He was dead.
我不想我的孩子们
I-I didn't want my children growing up
带着父亲是凶手的认知长大
thinking their father was a murderer.
所以我就没说
So I-I kept it to myself.
只是尽快卖♥♥掉了那栋楼
I got rid of the building as soon as I could.
他们都已长大成人
The children are grown now.
如果真♥相♥现在公布天下
If the truth finally has to come out,
也无所谓了
then so be it.
我只是很抱歉
I'm just sorry it won't help
无法帮你们找到昨晚杀了那可怜女人的人
find the person who murdered that poor woman last night.
事实上 你也许能帮到我们
Actually, I'm not so sure it won't.
在你卖♥♥掉那栋楼前 你去过吗
Before you sold the building, did you ever go there?
当然
Of course.
要进行检查 跟租户协会见面
There were inspections, tenant association meetings.
那你去过你丈夫私留的
Did you ever go inside the apartment
那间公♥寓♥吗
that your husband kept?
去过
I did.
我情不自禁
I couldn't help myself.
大概是变♥态♥的好奇心吧
Morbid curiosity, I guess.
那你记不记得
And do you happen to remember
屋内有任何绿色的地毯
if there was any green carpeting inside?
整屋都是 怎么了
Wall-to-wall. Why?
因为奥特姆和无名女尸上都发现了
Because carpet fibers that color were found
那种颜色的地毯纤维
on Autumn's body and the body of our Jane Doe.
请告诉我们那栋楼的地址
We're gonna want the address of that building.
范德维太太说我们要找的
Okay, so Mrs. Vanderwey said the apartment
那间公♥寓♥是右边最后一间
we're looking for is the last one on the right.
喂 你快到了吗
Hey. You almost here?
某种意义上来说 我已经到了
I am here, in a manner of speaking.
我就站在奥特姆和无名女尸被发现的空地上
I'm in the courtyard where Autumn Cleary and Jane Doe were found.
我想亲自来看看
I wanted to see it for myself.
然后呢
And?
挺奇怪的
Well, it's strange.
你们所在的大楼的确紧挨着这地方
While the building you're in does border this area,
但并没有直接通道
there's no direct access.
如果要过来 无名女的凶手和汉普顿·范德维
To get here, both Jane Doe's killer and Hampton Vanderwey
都需要把尸体搬运差不多一个街区的距离
would've had to carry their victims almost a block.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
确定 所以问题是
Yeah, I'm positive. So the question is,
为何不止一个而是两个凶手
why would not one but two killers
都愿意冒此风险
want to take such a risk?
好了 我得挂了
All right, I-I got to go.
你完事了上来找我们
Meet us upstairs when you're done.
谁啊
Uh, who is it?
我们是警♥察♥ 女士 想跟你谈谈
Police, ma'am. We'd like to talk to you.
怎么了
Yes?
我是贝尔警探
I'm Detective Bell,
这是我的同事乔恩·华生
this is my colleague Joan Watson.
你听说昨晚楼外
Did you hear about the body that was found outside
发现尸体的事了吗
the building last night?
尸体 没有 有人死了吗
Body? No. Someone died?
其实是被谋杀了
Actually, someone was killed.
我们有理由相信他们昨晚
We have reason to believe that they may have been
可能在你的公♥寓♥待过
inside your apartment last night.
你认识她
You know her.
是卡米拉 她之前在这里住过
Kamile. She'd been staying here.
我跟她不是很熟
I didn't really know her.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表