-为什么 -我们的新朋友
- Why? - Well, our new friend,
弓箭双全的那位 他同意再见一面
with the bow and arrow, he's agreed to another meeting.
赖兴巴♥赫♥先生
Mr. Reichenbach.
我相信你的保安
I trust your security detail
应该告诉你我的结肠镜检查合格了
told you I passed my colonoscopy.
克拉克很细致 是吧
Clark is thorough, isn't he?
我相信你明白谨慎的必要性
I'm sure you understand the need for discretion.
很讽刺的是 你所坚持的事
It's ironic, isn't it, that you insist on the very thing
正是你否认客户的依据 隐私
that you seek to deny your customers: privacy.
听上去你不打算同意我的提议
You don't sound like a man who's about to say yes to my offer.
那天 你提到了自己的
You referenced some of your
一些"成就"
"successes" the other day.
你的介入避免了各种悲剧的发生
Tragedies averted because of your intervention.
你告诉我的细节
The details you gave me were more than enough
足以找出一些嫌疑犯
to identify some of those would-be culprits.
我做得怎么样
How did I do?
你有两个显著的成就
You had two notable successes.
坦佩的女孩和俄亥俄州的教♥徒♥
The girls in Tempe and the churchgoers in Ohio.
他们的性命
Their lives were probably worth the deaths
抵得上两个嫌疑犯
of two would-be killers, yes.
但是肯塔基州的校车司机
But the school bus driver in Kentucky?
用你们科技公♥司♥的术语来说 有漏洞
To borrow a term from your tech company, there were bugs.
也许你看错了代码
Maybe you were looking at the wrong piece of code.
你说你让一个女人被杀
You said you had a woman killed
因为她威胁说要开车坠桥
because she threatened to drive her bus off a bridge.
我猜这个人是茹西·戴勒
I assume that was Ruthie Deller?
她的死刑伪装成了
Her execution was disguised to look like
入室抢劫的样子
a home invasion gone wrong.
疯狗是不会有"死刑"的 而是被捕杀
Rabid dogs aren't "executed," they're put down.
茹西的大部分上网记录都被抹去了
Most of Ruthie's online footprint had been scrubbed,
不过我有一些很擅长恢复的朋友
but I've got some friends who are very good at unscrubbing.
他们发现了她的博客 她在博文里幻想自己
They found her blog, where she fantasized about killing herself
带着她的小乘客们一起寻死
and all of her young passengers.
是的 必须把她除掉
Exactly. She had to go.
是吗 在过去的四年里
Did she? Over the last four years,
茹西总是在快过生日的时候
Ruthie repeated the same escalating cycle of rage
在网上重复着同样的
and suicidal depression online,
愤怒和自杀式抑郁症的升级循环
always as her birthday approached.
然后 生日一过
And then, when her birthday passed,
她的情绪又改善了 总是如此
her mood always improved, always.
可你还是在她53岁生日之前杀了她
But you still had her killed a day before her 53rd birthday.
那么多孩子
All those children.
不值得为她的生命冒这个险
Her life wasn't worth the risk.
风险意味着几率 几率意味着缺乏确定性
Risk implies odds. Odds imply a lack of certainty.
你是工程师出身
You started as an engineer.
所以 你认定茹西会杀人的几率是多少
So assign a number to your conviction
你说一个数字
that Ruthie would have killed.
给我个百分数
Give me a percentage.
80%吧
Call it 80%.
这就是你的漏洞
Well, there's your bug.
在这些几率中 有五分之一的可能
At those odds, a fifth of the people that you've had killed
你杀的人是无辜的
could have been innocent.
你这是在说你不想帮忙了
This your way of saying you're not interested in helping?
恰恰相反
On the contrary.
我和华生很感兴趣
Watson and I are very interested.
不过得按我们的条件来
But it would have to be on our terms.
我们要审核每一个案子直到完全确定
We would vet every single case to 100% certainty
之后你才能做出不可挽回的决定
before you did the irrevocable.
如果在你们审核的过程中
What if your target acts
目标就采取行动了怎么办
while you're still vetting?
确实会有这种可能
That could happen, yes.
但你的默认立场不能是
But your default position cannot be
"赶尽杀绝"
"kill away."
那好吧
All right, fine.
这样如何
How about this?
下次我再遇到二八概率事件 我找你
Next time I get another 80/20 call, I'll send it your way.
你来决定
It'll be your decision.
就当这是建立信任的训练
Call it a trust-building exercise.
这样如何
How's that sound?
像是朝正确的方向迈进了一步
Like a step in the right direction.
感谢您抽空见我们 杜阿尔特女士
We appreciate you making the time to come see us, Ms. Duarte.
您在领♥事♥馆♥的工作肯定很忙
I'm sure you're busy at the consulate.
我带来了所有能找到的关于保蒂斯塔房♥产的文件
Uh, I brought you everything I could find on the Bautista estate.
福尔摩斯先生说他判断你们在调查的案件中
Mr. Holmes said he believed the man whose murder
被害人是一名继承人
you've been investigating was an heir?
我们认为杀手或许是另一名继承人
We think the person responsible may have been another heir.
如果是这样的话
Well, if that's the case,
恐怕我帮不上你们什么忙
I'm afraid I won't be much help to you.
危地马拉政♥府♥
The Guatemalan government
这些年来一直在寻找房♥产的继承人
has been looking for heirs to the estate for years.
但从未有幸找到
We haven't had any luck.
这个人
This man?
福尔摩斯先生说他是拜伦·怀特的父亲
The one Mr. Holmes said was Baron Wright's father?
我能确认他就是保蒂斯塔家族的人
I can confirm he was a Bautista.
洛伦佐
Lorenzo.
他在90年代后期和他家人关系不合
Uh, he grew estranged from his family
并且搬走了
in the late '90s and moved away.
他肯定来到这里遇见了他妻子 又生了拜伦
He must have come here, met his wife, had Baron,
最后死于车祸
and then died in that car crash.
我们需要拜伦的DNA来确认这点
Uh, we would require Baron's DNA to confirm it,
但我想你们是对的
but, yes, I imagine you're right.
说来难过 但我们去年几乎找到他了
It's sad, but I think we almost found him last year.
这是什么意思
What do you mean?
你会在文件里看到
You'll see in the file.
13个月前 一名纽约的医药研究员
13 months ago, a medical researcher from New York
联♥系♥了我们的遗产承办处
contacted our probate office
想了解保蒂斯塔家族的信息
for information on the Bautistas.
她有一名患者患有一种罕见的疾病
She had a patient with a rare disorder
她还声称自己在一本旧医疗期刊上读到一篇
and said she'd found an article in an old medical journal
来自我国的文章
from our country.
文章表明保蒂斯塔家族的成员
It suggested that members of the Bautista family
患有同种疾病
had the same condition.
不幸的是
Unfortunately,
研究者说她不能透露患者的名字
the researcher said she couldn't share the patient's name.
因为医患保密协议
HIPAA laws.
但肯定是拜伦 对吗
But it had to be Baron, don't you think?
我猜你们的人没有说明
I-I don't suppose your people explained
他可能是一处价值百万的地♥产♥的继承人
that he might be an heir to an estate worth millions.
当然 但她说会和他谈谈
Of course. But she said she would speak with him.
但他肯定不相信自己是保蒂斯塔家的人
But he must not have believed he was a Bautista.
否则他为什么不联♥系♥我们呢
Why else would he not have contacted us?
我非常确定该去哪
I'm pretty sure I know where
找另一个保蒂斯塔地♥产♥的继承人了
to find the other heir to the Bautista estate.
直说 我现在就派车去找他
Say the word, and I'll send a car for him right now.
你无法逮捕他 如果确实是个他的话
You can't arrest him, assuming it is a him.
如果我是对的 他或是她 还没出生
If I'm right, he or she hasn't been born yet.
你还记得我的同事华生女士吗
You remember my colleague Ms. Watson?
你们在电♥话♥上说
You said on the phone
你们还有关于伯吉斯医生的问题要问
you had more questions about Dr. Burgess,
但我不知道我还能告诉你们什么
but I don't know what else I can tell you.
拜伦·怀特被杀的那晚他在办公室
He was at the office when Baron Wright was killed.
但你不在
But you weren't.
对 我的孕吐很严重 我一天都在外面
No. I had terrible morning sickness. I was out all day.
怎么了
Why?
我们直说了吧
Let's cut the crap.
我们不是来讨论伯吉斯医生的
We're not here to talk about Dr. Burgess.
我们是要给你机会坦白
We're here to give you a chance to confess
对拜伦·怀特的谋杀
to the murder of Baron Wright.
你越早坦白
The sooner you do that,
对你和你的孩子越有利
the better it's gonna be for you and your baby.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表