我们称自己撞上了南墙
we told her that we hit a wall and asked her
问她是否能想到有什么亲近的人
if she could think of anyone close to her
可能发出了那些威胁
that might have sent the threats.
也许它们根本不是来自奥德克内部的
Maybe they didn't come from inside Odker after all.
她完全不知道我们在说什么
She had no idea what we were talking about.
她说自己从未收到任何威胁
Said she never received any threats.
你让我们白费力气 我们想知道为什么
You sent us on a wild goose chase; we'd like to know why.
这是个测试
It was a test.
你们通过了
You passed.
我们作为侦探的赫赫名声
Our renown as detectives
正是你一开始会雇用我们的原因
is the reason you hired us in the first place.
所以测试我们的技能是完全没有必要的
So testing our skills is completely unnecessary.
我测试的不是你们的技能
It wasn't your skills I was testing.
而是你们两个人
It was the two of you.
我说我侄女有危险
I told you my niece was in danger,
你们尽了能力内的一切努力去帮她
and you did everything in your power to help her.
一切 不管是否合法
Everything. Whether it was legal or not.
你并不知道我们采取了那些行动
You don't know what steps we took.
我知道
I do.
你请求了一次对我员工银行记录的非法搜索
You solicited an illegal search of my employee's bank records.
你闯进了他家
You broke into his home.
你触犯了数十条法律
You broke more than a dozen laws.
别担心 不用怕我
Don't worry, you've nothing to fear from me.
现在 我是你们这边的
Right now, I'm on your side.
我愿意做任何事去保护无辜的人
I'd do anything to protect an innocent person.
这是种动力 我想你们最近认识的一个人
It's an impulse I think we share with someone
也有着相同的动力
you've apprehended recently.
帕特里克·米尔斯
Patrick Meers.
我们在找他上头的人
We were looking for the people he was working for.
你是其中之一 对吧
You're one of them, aren't you?
你们一直在做无用功
You've been laboring under the misconception
因为你们误以为帕特里克是某种恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
that Patrick is some sort of terrorist.
不 事实上 我会称他为爱国者
That's not true. In fact, I'd call him a patriot.
这世界需要更多像他那样的人
The world could use more people like him.
实际上 我认为
In fact, I'd like to think
现在我面前就站着两位
I'm looking at two of them right now.
我们的朋友被枪击 还差点送了命
Our friend was shot and almost killed,
而你刚承认了你是幕后主使
and you just admitted you were behind it.
我没让米尔斯杀掉你们的警监
I didn't tell Patrick Meers to kill your captain.
他搞砸了
He made a mess.
他自作主张决定要抹除后患
He made his own decisions about cleaning it up
我为此深表歉意
and I am very sorry for it.
你的歉意足以让你去纽约警局承认自己涉事吗
Sorry enough to admit your involvement to the NYPD?
我所做的
All I did
只是把蒂姆·布莱索的事告诉了帕特里克
was tell Patrick what I'd learned about Tim Bledsoe.
我有理由相信一位退伍军人
I had reason to believe that an army veteran
以他的心理构成
with his psychological makeup
会采取行动去避免惨案发生 他确实做了
would take steps to avoid a tragedy, and he did.
接下来发生的事也很悲惨 但
What happened next was also tragic, but...
我是个务实的人
...I am a practical man,
有两百条性命得救了
and 200 lives were saved.
我想聊聊这个
I'd like to talk about that.
我们经常跟杀人犯对话 赖兴巴♥赫♥先生
We speak with murderers on a regular basis, Mr. Reichenbach.
你能想象他们有任何人
Do you imagine any of them
曾用他们的正义成功说服我们吗
convinced us of their righteousness?
也许你们该考虑下
Perhaps you should consider the possibility
也许我并不是你们经常对付的那种人
that I am not the kind of man you deal with on a regular basis.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表