或许两者皆有
Perhaps you did both.
我没有
I didn't.
如果可以的话 我能证明
If you'll let me, I can prove it.
首先 我很抱歉
First of all, I'm sorry.
自从我听说拜伦出事后我就坐立不安
I've been on edge ever since I heard what happened to Baron.
当泰莎告诉我
When Tessa told me
有警局顾问来见我...
there were police consultants here to see me...
你能证明你没杀他吗
Can you prove you didn't kill him?
我不是在销毁他的病历
I wasn't shredding his file.
我是在销毁这个
I was shredding this.
是我写的关于他的论文
It's a paper I was writing about him.
他刚开始来见我时
When he first came to see me,
是为了治疗一种
it was for treatment for a condition
叫做胰腺外分泌功能不全的症状
known as exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
EPI 我们知道
E.P.I. We're aware.
我很惊讶他的肌肉重量和比例
I couldn't help being struck by his muscle mass and definition.
多数EPI患者看上去不会像那样
Uh, most people with E.P.I. don't look like that.
多数漫画人物也不会像那样
Most people in comic books don't look like that.
我开始觉得他的症状和体格是由于
I started thinking his symptoms and his physique were both due
一种未知的突变造成的 类似于
to an undiagnosed mutation, uh, something similar
邓尼根型脂肪代谢障碍
to a condition called Dunnigan-type lipodystrophy.
一种阻碍身体产生脂肪的突变
That's a mutation that inhibits the body's ability to produce fat.
它可能损害肝脏
It can damage the liver,
但有些运动员似乎从中受益
but some athletes seem to benefit from it.
突变使他们脂肪更少 更强壮
It makes them leaner, stronger.
拜伦的情况更加独特
Baron's condition was even more unique.
他从中受益更多 受损更少
There were more beneficial effects, fewer harmful ones.
我想试图搞清楚突变的机理
I was trying to understand its mechanism.
我想人工合成
I wanted to synthesize it...
你是说把它变现
You mean monetize it.
一种减少脂肪但增加肌肉生长的药
A pill that reduces body fat but increases muscle growth
可以值几百万
would be worth millions.
甚至几亿
Possibly billions.
我没有告诉拜伦
I didn't tell Baron.
我甚至没在论文中指名道姓
I-I didn't even identify him in my paper,
只称他为病人X
just called him Patient X.
很不幸 我的研究需要
Unfortunately, my research required
持续的血液样本
a constant supply of blood
和组织样本
and tissue samples.
我骗了拜伦
I lied to Baron.
说我需要这些样本监控他的身体状况
Told him I needed them to monitor his condition,
但最终他厌倦了我总是抽血取样
but eventually he got tired of me sticking him.
他不来了
He stopped coming in.
你下金蛋的鹅逃了
Your golden goose flew the coop.
我试着利用剩下的样品
I tried to make do with what I had,
但最终弹尽粮绝
but eventually I used up my stockpile.
我需要更多样本
I needed more samples.
所以你制♥造♥了与他正在服用的药物
So you made up some pills that looked like the ones
外观相同的胶囊并闯入他家
he was taking and then you broke into his house.
你打算让他昏迷然后趁他无意识时
You were gonna sedate him and then take what you needed
获取你要的样本
while he was unconscious.
他抓了我个现行
He caught me in the act.
我跑了
I ran.
那是我最后一次见他
That was the last time I saw him.
但像你说的 他是我下金蛋的鹅
But it's like you said. He was my golden goose.
我绝不会杀了他
I never would have killed him.
也许你查到了一位有相同突变的家庭成员
Perhaps you identified a family member with the same mutation.
你担心拜伦会发现是你想要
You worried that Baron would realize you were the one
毒死他 于是你杀了他
trying to poison him, and so you killed him.
不 没有家庭成员
No. There are no family members.
我很确定我在新闻里看到
I'm pretty sure I saw in the news
他有一个母亲
that he's survived by his mother.
是的 养母
He was. His adoptive mother.
拜伦的亲生父母是未做登记的移♥民♥
Baron's parents were undocumented immigrants.
他们在拜伦是婴儿时就车祸去世了
They died in a car crash when he was an infant.
泰莎做调查很有一手
Tessa's great with research,
所以我让她去找别的家庭成员
so I asked her to look for more family.
我骗她 告诉她
I lied to her, told her
是为了改进拜伦的治疗方案
it was about "refining Baron's treatment."
她没找到任何亲戚
She couldn't find a single relative.
拜伦是他家的最后一员
Baron was the end of the line.
听着 我不是他看的唯一一个医生
Look, I'm not the only doctor he ever saw.
他这辈子都有消化方面的问题
He dealt with digestive problems his whole life.
也许别人治疗他后
Maybe someone else treated him,
和我一样发现了突变
figured out the same thing I did.
也许他们有能力合成突变
Uh, maybe they were able to synthesize the mutation.
如果是这样 拜伦就不再重要了
If they did, Baron would've been expendable.
不止如此 他还会成为一个累赘
More than that. He would have been a liability.
如果他意识到对方的行径 可以反过来起诉
He could have sued them if he realized what they had done.
我看你没把自己当外人啊
I see you've made yourself at home.
我不知道这是什么
You know, I don't know what this is,
在标有"蛋白质"的罐子里
the spread in the jar marked "protein."
很好吃 脆脆的
It's good. It's crunchy.
通常有人致电想在我家与我见面时
Usually, when someone calls and asks to meet me at my home,
他们会在外面等
they wait outside.
是虫子 对吧
It's bugs, isn't it?
你不会想让我在你前门外徘徊的
You don't want me lingering right in front of your front door.
奥德克软件掌握太多交通监控和行车记录仪
Lot of the traffic cameras and dash cams run on Odker software.
我们都不希望奥丁·赖兴巴♥赫♥
Neither of us wants Odin Reichenbach
发现咱俩有过这次会面
finding out this meeting is happening.
你上级觉得我给你的材料有点意思吗
Your superiors found the material I gave you interesting?
他们觉得很有启发 引人深思
Well, they found it informative, thought-provoking.
但他们觉得不太能采取行动
They didn't find it actionable.
我们需要确凿的证据 最好是供认
We need a smoking gun or, ideally, a confession.
如果你能把一切录下来
I mean, if you'd been able to record everything,
那我们就有证据了
then we'd have something.
如果我事先知道华生和我要去见
Had I known that Watson and I were going to meet
多起凶案的始作俑者
with the architect of multiple murders,
我本会做好合适的安排
I would have made the appropriate arrangements.
再安排一次会面
Set another meeting.
他也等着你们的回复 对吧
I mean, he's expecting a response, right?
引蛇出洞 让他谈谈为了大局着想
Draw him out. Get him to talk about all the people he's killed
他所杀死的那些人
in the name of the greater good.
下一次会面我不可能录下任何东西
There's zero chance I'll be able to record our next meeting.
他会有所防备 他们会检查我是否带了监听
He'll be on guard. They will check me for a wire,
没收我的手♥机♥
confiscate my phone.
所以呢 你联♥系♥国安局肯定有原因
So? I mean, there's a reason you contacted the NSA.
我们会搞定录音的事
We'll take care of the recording.
你要告诉我国安局要怎么录音吗
You want to tell me how the NSA's gonna do that?
一分钟前 你都没打算告诉我
Well, a minute ago, you wouldn't even tell me
我是不是在吃蟋蟀 所以不
if I was eating crickets, so, no.
有些东西需要保持机密
There are some things that need to remain secret,
但是请放心 我们会录下对话
but, rest assured, we'll get him on tape
如果你能让他开口的话
if you can get him talking.
你能做到吗
Can you do that?
我还是无法相信我的孩子死了
I still can't believe my boy is gone.
我们对你的损失深表遗憾
We're very sorry for your loss.
当其他那些斗士开始威胁他时 我很害怕
When those other fighters started threatening him, I was afraid.
但我从没想到会走到这一步
But I never thought it would go this far.
其实赖特女士 威胁你儿子的两个拳击手
Actually, Mrs. Wright, the two boxers who made threats
都提供了不在场证明并且做了测谎
against your son provided alibis and took polygraphs.
并且都通过了
Both passed.
我们认为拜伦的死
We think Baron's death
更可能与他的身体状况有关
has more to do with his medical condition.
所以我们才会叫你带来
That's why we asked you to bring
他以往的医疗记录
his old medical records when we called.
这些就是吗
Is that them?
我现在就可以告诉你
Well, I'll tell you right now,
这里的少了许多
there's less here than should be.
我想这里有一些是在
I think some of 'em might've gone missing
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表