剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
We're here for you.
我爱你们俩
I love you both.
骗局早晚会出问题
Here's the problem with a shell game.
最终 我会赢
Eventually, I find the pea.
你为了抓一个人 要消耗纳税人
How much taxpayer money are you burning up
多少钱
to pursue one man?
-我来问你一个问题 -不
- Let me ask you a question. - No.
我先问的 这个问题并非假设的
Mine first, and it's not hypothetical.
你要消耗多少钱
How much are you burning up?
你俩是理想主义者 是吗
You two are idealists, right?
为正义值得一切的牺牲和努力 我赞同
Justice is worth all sacrifice, all toil-- well, I agree.
我本该去参加我儿子六岁的生日派对
I should be at my son's birthday party, his sixth,
但相反 我却在这确保
but instead, I'm here, trying to make sure
联邦权力大于州权利
that federal powers trump state's rights.
老天 他要拿联邦法令
God, he's getting a federal writ
来压制州权利
to overcome state rights.
-我们得争取上庭时间 -对
- We need to get court time. - Well, yeah.
我们还需要解决方法
We also need an end game.
加急的合法居留申请
Expedited lawful residency?
我们可以申请爱因斯坦签证
We could apply for an Einstein visa.
用什么专长
With what expertise?
调查 他有执照
Investigative. I mean, he has a license.
听上去赢不了
Doesn't sound like a winner.
-他画画 杰画画 -画什么
- He draws. Jay draws. - Draws what?
图 他真的很棒
Pictures. He's really good.
他是个艺术家吗
He's an artist?
是 绘画小说家
Yeah, of graphic novels.
-他得到过报酬吗 -我不知道
- Has he ever been paid? - I don't know.
-你们觉得怎么样 -我们可以试试
- What do you think? - We can try.
好了 梅丽莎 跟他的妹妹们一起
Okay, Marissa, get together with his sisters,
-拿到他的作品 -我们去法庭
- and get his artwork. - And we'll hit court.
德克森联邦法♥院♥
法官阁下 我们有理由相信我们的证人
Your Honor, we have reason to believe that our witness,
艾维·俄普斯已经返回以色列了
Avi Epps, has returned to Israel.
那你希望我怎么做
So what do you want from me?
西蒙·卡索沃兹法官
我们想申请延期
We would ask for a continuance
直到我们能要求他回来
until such time as we can affect his return.
-他是谁 -考虑到这个案子的速度
- Who is he? - Given the speed of this trial,
你们应该有时间
you probably have time to
-让他越过南极飞回来 -我不知道
- fly him back by way of the South Pole. - I don't know.
除此之外 你们没有其他延期的理由
That aside, there are no more continuances for any reason.
所以 驳回动议 结案陈词
So, motions to dismiss, closing statements--
我们说到哪了
where are we at?
其实我们还有一位证人 法官阁下
We actually have an additional witness, Your Honor.
这位证人有名字吧
This witness have a name?
有 法官阁下
Uh, yes, Your Honor.
杰·迪佩西亚
Jay Dipersia.
-反对 法官阁下 -反对
- Objection! Your Honor. - Objection.
迪佩西亚是我们律所的一位员工 法官阁下
Mr. Dipersia is an employee of our law firm, Your Honor.
杰·迪佩西亚目前被州政♥府♥拘留
Jay Dipersia is currently in state custody...
戈特利布先生和那位跟他耳语的人
Mr. Gottlieb-- and whomever whispered in his ear--
希望迪佩西亚转到联邦政♥府♥的控制下
wants Mr. Dipersia transferred to federal custody
这样移♥民♥局就能更容易地接近他
so that ICE will have easier access to him.
这个指控令人发指 法官阁下
That is an outrageous accusation, Your Honor.
这位证人可以反驳
The witness is necessary to rebut the testimony
被告的证词
of the defendant.
关于迪佩西亚作证一事
On the issue of Mr. Dipersia testifying,
我将听取双方的口头论证
I'll hear oral arguments from both sides.
你先 戈特利布
You first, Gottlieb.
他是一个我认识的共和党调停者
He's a Republican fixer I know.
我去看看能为杰做点什么
I'm gonna go find out what I can about Jay.
里面没人
They're empty.
你有什么料
What'd you find out?
没人针对你们律所
No one's targeting your firm,
共和党跟遣返你们的调查员一事
and the Republicans have nothing
没有任何关系
to do with deporting your investigator.
-但是 -但是什么
- But...? - But what?
听上去你要接着说"但是"
Well, it sounded like you had a "But" attached.
没有 但有"然而"
No. But there is a "However."
然而 并不意味着我们不能做点什么
However, doesn't mean we can't do something.
比如
Such as?
像你这样的人 朱利叶斯
People like you, Julius,
他们不喜欢你们律所
they just don't like your firm.
他们认为它是为对手服务
They think it suited up for the other team.
所以帮我们个忙
So do us a favor.
你有个客户 查查网的尼尔·格罗斯
You have a client, Neil Gross of Chumhum.
我们听说他做了个性格测试
We hear he ran a personality quiz
就跟剑桥分♥析♥给特朗普做的一样
just like the one Cambridge Analytica did for Trump.
把查查网的合同给我们
Get us the Chumhum contract.
我不能这么做
I can't do that.
你要我出面帮你们的
You're asking me to put my thumb on the scale
非法移♥民♥调查员 我也乐意这么做
for your illegal investigator, and I'm willing to do that,
但我需要回报
but I need something.
民♥主♥党和查查网否认
The Democrats and Chumhum are denying
存在任何等同于数据挖掘的行为
there's any data mining equivalency.
我们都知道那是胡扯
Now, we know that's bullshit.
我们只是需要证据
We just need proof.
让我看看我能做什么
Well, let me see what I can do.
我们不能把查查网的合同给他
We can't give him the Chumhum contract.
我知道
I know.
那他为什么要问
Then why is he asking?
我想是看看我们怎么反应
My guess is to see how we react.
你认为他能阻止遣返吗
You think he can stop the deportation action?
可以 他是个政♥治♥调停者
Yeah. He's a political fixer.
他打几通电♥话♥ 移♥民♥局就会撤退
He makes a couple of calls, ICE will back off.
我们拖住他
Well, let's stall him.
吊着他
Keep him on a hook.
暗示他你可以拿到合同
Imply you can get the contract.
好 你们现在去哪个法庭
Okay. Which court are you going to now?
-联邦地方... -民事法庭...
- Federal District... - Civil court...
这会很有趣
Uh, this should be interesting.
伊利诺伊州北区联邦地方法♥院♥
法官阁下 这是联邦法♥院♥
Your Honor, this is a federal court,
伊利诺伊州
and the State of Illinois
尝试篡夺你的权力
is trying to usurp your power.
移♥民♥局在挑选法♥院♥
And ICE is just forum shopping here.
现在这案子也在州法♥院♥上开庭
This same case is being argued in state court,
但他们认为在联邦法庭
but they think they can get a decision
他们能得到更有利的判决
more to their liking here in federal.
我不明白
I don't understand this.
非常简单 法官阁下
Well, it's quite simple, Your Honor.
不是 我是说拉链
No, no, no, the zippers.
崔格·穆蓝尼法官
好像上下都拉得上
Uh, they seem to go in both directions. I...
法官阁下 库克县在主动
Your Honor, Cook County is actively
干扰正在进行的执法行动
interfering in an ongoing enforcement action
此行为触犯了联邦法律...
in violation of federal law...
不 律师在耍花招欺骗您 法官阁下
No, the counselor is trying to trick you, Your Honor,
我清楚您是不能被欺骗的
and I know that you cannot be tricked.
不对 你给扯开了
No, no, no, see, you're tearing it.
这样不行 拉链脱轨了
No, the-the zipper's off the track.
没事了 去吧
I-- it's-- all right, get out.
法官阁下 我再次重申
Your Honor, again,
此案属于联邦政♥府♥管辖范围
this is a matter for the federal government.
芝加哥民事法♥院♥
此案关系到州权利 法官阁下
This is a matter of state's rights, Your Honor.
我们受伊州法律保护
We are a sanctuary city.
奉行庇护♥法♥律是对联邦权威的
The sanctuary laws as practiced here are an unlawful restraint
非法限制 法官阁下
on federal authority, Your Honor.
我们都知道州法律对联邦法律没有优先性
We all know that state law does not preempt federal law.
我们没有提优先性
We are not preempting.
我们只是主张各州不是
We are only arguing that the state is not an extension
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表