剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
How much is it about us?
是啊
That's right.
自从我们分手后我每天都哭着入睡
I've been crying myself to sleep ever since we broke up.
如果是别人 你早就协商认罪协议了
Anybody else and you'd be plea bargaining.
如果是别人 你早就劝当事人
Anybody else and you'd have your client
告诉我们亨利在哪儿了
tell us where Henry is.
你和她睡了吗
So, are you fucking her?
好吧
Okay.
她那双兔子般的大眼睛盯着你
She looks at you with these big Thumper eyes.
-嫉妒吗 -我可没这么想
- Jealous? - Not the first word that springs to mind.
我们法庭上见 律师
See you in court, Counselor.
怎么回事
What was that about?
打打嘴仗而已
Just some trash-talking.
他们有个奇袭证人
They have a surprise witness.
从你那神秘短♥信♥发送者得知的吗
And we know this from your secret texter?
是莉兹·雷迪克吗
Is it Liz Reddick?
我不能说
I can't say.
证人是谁 他们不知道
Who's the witness? They don't know.
他们也没帮上什么忙 对吧
Well, then they're not much help, are they?
专注当前吧
Let's focus.
你在森林湖教书多久了 海因伯格女士
How long have you been a teacher at Lake Forest, Ms. Heinberg?
25年
25 years.
你怎么会在林德尔基金里投资
And how did you come to invest in the Rindell Fund?
因为玛娅的关系
It was through Maia.
她是我社会学课的学生
She was a student in my sociology class.
我记得有天的主题是...
I remember one day the topic was...
收入不平等
income inequality,
她建议我在她父亲的基金里投资
and she suggested that I invest with her father.
我觉得自己像个傻子
I feel like such a fool.
玛娅跟你道过歉吗
Did Maia ever apologize to you,
有过悔意吗
show any remorse?
没有 一个字都没有
No. Not a word.
没有问题了 法官阁下
No further questions, Your Honor.
其实我母亲是名教师
My mother was a teacher, actually.
-所以我记得有多艰难... -反对
- So I remember how hard... - Objection.
尽管奎恩女士的自传很迷人 但跟本案无关
As fascinating as Ms. Quinn's biography is, relevance.
反对有效 但是你的语气
Sustained, but the tone there?
快要越界了 控方律师
Just on the edge, Counselor.
抱歉 法官阁下
My apologies, Your Honor.
你的工作除了钱以外 还有其它的补贴吗
Is there any compensation to your job other than money,
-海因伯格女士 -什么意思
- Ms. Heinberg? - What do you mean?
-有其它的收入方式吗 -有
- Are there other ways you are paid? - Yes.
看见年轻人理解新概念的喜悦
The joy of seeing a young mind grasp a new concept.
打免费的肉毒杆菌素呢
And what about the free Botox treatments?
反...反对
O-Objection.
-无关 -与证人可信度有关 法官阁下
- Uh, relevance. - It goes to credibility, Your Honor.
我对怎么从教学跳跃到肉毒杆菌素感兴趣
Well, I'm intrigued how we get from teaching to Botox,
所以 谨慎地裁定反对无效
so, uh, cautiously overruled.
你的一位学生的母亲是皮肤科医生
You did receive free Botox treatments
你接受了她给你免费打肉毒杆菌素 对吗
from the mother of a student who was a dermatologist, did you not?
她主动提的
She offered it.
你也从其它家长那里收受馈赠吗
And did you receive gifts from other parents, as well?
反对 模糊表达
Objection. Vague.
那我就说清楚
Then let me clarify.
你是否收到过
Did you receive...
交响乐队的季票
season tickets to the symphony,
七月 伦敦的一间公♥寓♥
an apartment in London for the month of July,
八月 马撒葡萄园岛的
a guesthouse on Martha's Vineyard
一间客房♥
for the month of August...?
一些家长对学习环境
Some parents are deeply appreciative
-深表感激 -是的
- of the learning environment. - Right.
感激到他们写下了这些宣誓书
So appreciative that they swore out these affidavits.
给你们的
Here you go.
宣誓书陈述
Affidavits stating
他们是在你的压♥迫♥之下
that they felt pressured by you
送出的这些礼物
to offer these gifts.
是换取你写的
That it was a quid pro quo
大加美言的推荐信的条件
for your glowing letters of recommendation.
事实不是这样的
That's not true,
我对这种暗示非常气愤
and I'm deeply offended by the implication.
我并没有在暗示什么 女士
I don't think I'm implying anything, ma'am;
我是在问问题
I'm asking questions.
现在我问完了
And now I'm done.
我可以为自己辩护吗
Do I get to defend myself?
不 流程不是这样的
No. That's not how this works.
她可以为自己辩护 而你...
She gets to defend herself. You...
可以离开了 女士
are excused, ma'am.
传艾米·布雷斯林出庭作证
Call Amy Breslin to the stand.
她是奇袭证人吗
The surprise witness?
应该是
I think so.
她会说什么
What will she say?
他们刚突然传唤了奇袭证人
They just sprang the surprise witness on us.
不可能
No.
你怎么知道呢
How do you know?
因为奇袭证人此时此刻
Because the surprise witness couldn't possibly
不可能站在证人席上
be on the stand right now.
为什么
Why not?
因为奇袭证人是...
Because the surprise witness is...
你
你和玛娅·林德尔同居了...
You and Maia Rindell have lived together for, uh...
三年
was it three?
多少来着 四年吗
What is it, four years?
是的
Yes.
如果说你们两人相爱 这样公正合理吗
Is it fair to say that you two are in love?
我认为是的
I think it is.
你们住在湖滨大道的
And you live in a 2,000-square-foot apartment
一栋186平♥米♥的的公♥寓♥里
on Lake Shore Drive
租金是...
with a rent of...
你有吗
You have that?
不 在我这
No, I-I-I've got it.
-是这数吗 -对
- Uh, is that right? - Yeah.
每月4500美元
Oh, wow. $4,500 a month?
我们以前住那儿
Uh, we used to live there.
现在不住了
We don't anymore.
可惜了 听着不错
Well, that's too bad. Sounds nice.
搬家有什么原因吗
Is there a reason for the move?
我们住不起了
We can't afford it.
是因为房♥租主要是由玛娅的父母支付吗
Because Maia's parents were paying most of the rent?
我们会对玛娅读法学院及司考期间
We will stipulate that Maia's parents paid 80% of the rent
其父母负担八成的房♥租做出证实
while she was at law school and studying for the bar.
谢谢 奎恩女士
Thank you, Ms. Quinn.
你和林德尔一家
And you went on vacations
每年都会一同度假两次
with the Rindell family twice a year?
2016年春季去了西班牙
Spain in the spring of 2016.
十二月去了意大利
Italy in December.
我们会对他们度假做出证实
We will stipulate that they also went on vacations.
你怎么就不能让我提问呢
Why don't you let me ask my questions?
等等 冷静一下
Okay, wait. Cooler heads.
我们为什么要探究他们的生活 莫雷洛先生
Why are we on this tour of their lives, Mr. Morrello?
玛娅每年收到其父母的钱
Well, Maia was receiving $300,000 a year
高达30万
of her parents' money.
这些钱用来度假 买♥♥车
Money for vacations, cars,
豪华公♥寓♥
luxury apartments.
而所有钱都是直接从
And all of this money was stolen directly
海因伯格女士这样的中产阶级偷来的
from middle-class people like Ms. Heinberg.
好 问吧 你可以继续提问了
Yeah, go ahead. You can proceed.
你的父亲
Did your father
是否也曾想要投资林德尔基金 艾米
want to invest in the Rindell Fund, Amy?
-是的 -允许他投资了吗
- Yes. - And was he allowed to do so?
没有
No.
他想要把个人退休金账户兑现
He wanted to cash in his IRA and invest...
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表