剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
作为六个孩子的父亲
Well, uh, as the, uh, father of six,
我想提醒你这项任务的繁忙度
I'd like to bring up the... fullness of the task.
知道了
Noted.
我想告诉你
And I would like to acknowledge,
依据法律 我们支持你的计划
in accordance with the law, that we are behind your plan.
去工作吧
So go to it.
怎么样
Oh, how'd it go?
我们想怎么办
So what do we think?
法律上 我们不能有想法
I don't think we can think, legally.
我们只能应对
We just have to react.
所以我们看她在庭上的表现来做应对
So, we'll react to how she does in court.
对 同时让玛娅准备好接手
Yeah. And keep Maia ready to step in.
欢迎副市长华伦·海斯曼
I want to welcome Warren Hesseman, deputy to the mayor.
我先说明一下
I should say up front,
我是出庭律师最好的朋友
I'm a trial lawyer's best friend.
现在比以往更甚
Now more than ever,
我们需要他们
we need 'em.
他们是我们的守护者
They're our guardrails.
我们需要你当我们和警♥察♥的中间人
Then we need you to be intermediary with the police.
他们没有认真对待这些谋杀案
They are not taking these murders seriously.
可能在外界看起来像这样
It may look that way from the outside,
但不是这样的
but that's not true.
威尔克·霍布森不是自杀 我了解他
Wilk Hobson did not commit suicide. I knew him.
他接到愤怒的电♥话♥
He was getting angry phone calls.
那警♥察♥会去调查的
Then the police will investigate.
他们已经调查过了 他们说是自杀
They already investigated. They called it a suicide.
那是非官方的声明
That was an unofficial statement.
华伦 我们认为
Look, Warren, we don't think
警♥察♥没有认真对待这些案件
the police are taking these cases seriously.
我们该怎么做
What do we have to do?
我会转达你们的担心
I'll bring your concerns to them.
但我需要你的帮助
But... but I need your help.
现在说出要求了
Ah, now we get the solicitation.
不 警♥察♥把你们视作敌人
No. The police, whether rightly or wrongly,
先不谈这做法♥正♥确与否
see you as the enemy
因为有时候 坦白说 你们就是
because sometimes, frankly, you are.
我们怎么就是敌人了
How are we the enemy?
你们起诉他们
You sue them.
我们当然要起诉 这让警♥察♥正当执法
Of course we sue them. It keeps the police honest.
有些律所把起诉警♥察♥视作他们的使命
Some firms make it their mission to sue the police.
别绕圈子
Stop beating around the bush.
这张桌子上只有一家律所
There's only one firm at this table
占了六成对警♥察♥的
responsible for 60% of the lawsuits
法律诉讼
against the police.
每一起都是合理的
Every single one of them was justified.
没人否认这点 但这种挑衅
No one's denying that, but it's the provocation
让警♥察♥与你们作对
that sets the police against you.
是受害人的错吗
The victims are the problem?
警♥察♥做错时就该被告
The police should be sued when they do wrong.
但有时候他们没有做错
But sometimes they don't do wrong,
他们还是被告了
and they still get sued.
这让我们与警♥察♥的对话很难进行
It's making the dialogue with the police much harder.
我们不希望成为警♥察♥的朋友
We don't want the police to be our friends.
我们只想他们做好他们该死的工作
We just want them to do their fucking job.
好 就此打住 华伦
Okay, let's leave it there, Warren.
我们请你帮我们做
Anything you can do for us,
你能做的任何事
we ask that you do,
我们再看我们能为你做什么
and we'll see what we can do for you.
我们怎么处理警♥察♥暴♥力♥案件
It's none of their business what we do
不关他们的事
with our police brutality cases!
我们就是这么告诉他们的
And that's what we told them.
那为什么在这里提出来 为什么
Then why bring it up here? Why?
跟你分享别人是怎么看我们的
Sharing with you how we're being perceived.
仅此而已 朱利叶斯
That's all, Julius.
所以怎样 我们撤掉警♥察♥暴♥力♥案
So, what, the police will only do their job
警♥察♥才会去办案吗
if we drop our police brutality cases?
华伦·海斯曼建议我们慎重处理
Warren Hesseman suggested that we tread lightly.
我没答应
I'm not saying we will.
你都在告诉我们这事了
You're telling us about it.
怎么能不产生寒蝉效应
How can that not have a chilling effect?
我们什么都不告诉你会更好吗
Would it be better if we didn't tell you anything?
不 我们退出六大律所会议
No, it would be better if we dropped out
会更好
of the Big Six conference.
我们受到邀请是因为它能给我们施压
We've only been invited because it pressures us
让我们撤诉警♥察♥暴♥力♥案
into dropping our police brutality cases.
我不同意 我们在会议上占了席位
I disagree. We have a seat at the table.
我们跟六大律所坐在一起
We are sitting with the Big Six!
再他妈令人恼火都是值的
It's worth all the fucking irritation in the world!
他们要我们做我们不想做的事
They ask us to do something that we don't want to do,
我们拒绝就行了
we just say no.
这是你本尊在说话
Is this you talking
还是以评论员的身份在说话
or the pundit?
辩方提出不考虑
The defense moves
威廉·布伦特伍德博士的证词
to exclude the testimony of Dr. William Brentwood,
法官阁下
Your Honor.
这是预审的第234号♥动议
So, is this pretrial motion
还是第235号♥
number 234 or 235?
克劳迪娅·弗兰德法官
对 看起来就像是这么多
Yes, it sure does seem that way,
不是吗 法官阁下
doesn't it, Your Honor?
对 拍马屁没用 律师
Yes. I'm not buttered up, Counselor.
检方同样有这么多项动议
There have been just as many prosecutorial motions.
这个布伦特伍德博士是谁
So who is this Dr. Brentwood?
专家证人 检方将传唤他上庭
The expert witness the prosecution will call
讨论血迹溅射证据
to discuss the blood spatter evidence.
我能说吗 法官阁下
If I may, Your Honor?
我还没说完我的动议
I'm not finished with my motion.
我们再次要求检方将证据开示
And we again ask that the prosecution
全数交给我们
release its discovery to us.
检方是在非法隐藏证据的边缘试探
This is getting dangerously close to a Brady violation.
我有项动议该优先考虑
I have a motion that takes precedence.
是程序动议 并非证据动议
Procedural, not evidentiary.
你该早点提出来
You should have brought it up earlier.
你说得太快了 我都没有机会说
You're so quick to step in that I wasn't given the opportunity.
你俩真是难处理
Oh, well, you two are really something.
什么动议 莫雷洛先生
What's the motion, Mr. Morrello?
-延期 法官阁下 -又延期
- A continuance, Your Honor. - Another?
检方提出
The prosecution moves
将庭审重排到5月21号♥那周
to reschedule the trial to start the week of May 21.
法官阁下 这太荒谬了
Your Honor, that's absurd.
检方提出四个月的延期
The prosecution is proposing a four-month delay.
"荒谬"这个有点过了
"Absurd's" a little strong.
这么复杂的案子延期几周很寻常
A few weeks is hardly uncommon in a case this complicated.
这个动议否决了我们当事人宪法赋予的
This motion denies our client his constitutionally-mandated
快速审理权利
right to a speedy trial.
几个月并不侵害快速审理权利 法官阁下
A few months is not a speedy trial violation, Your Honor.
好了 这太有趣了
Okay. This was fun.
我希望你们俩到外面的大堂去
I want the two of you to go out into the hall,
拿出你们的日历 决定一个日期
pull out your calendars and decide on a date.
一个小时后回来 我再来听你们的提议
Come back here in an hour, and I'll hear your proposal.
你在利用现在的局面
You are taking advantage of this situation.
我没有利用任何东西
I'm not taking advantage of anything.
我在控告一起案件
I'm prosecuting a case.
坐下一趟
Take the next one.
你要求的庭审日期
You asked for the trial to start
跟孩子的预产期是同一周
the same week this baby is due,
这还不算占便宜吗
and that's not taking advantage?
我选择了对检方更便利的日期
I picked dates that are convenient for the prosecution,
没考虑你怀孕的情况
ignoring your pregnancy,
这看上去是你所希望的
which is what you seem to expect us all to do.
天啊 我知道了
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表