剧集 | 逍遥法外 | 导航列表
我看见他死了
I saw him dead.
你也可能死掉
And you could've died, too.
然后我却一直当着你的面撒谎
And then I lied to your face all that time.
我比你还要恨我自己
I hate myself more than you could ever hate me...
如果这话让你能好受点
...if that makes you feel any better.
并不能
It doesn't.
我能做点什么让你感觉好点
What can I do... to make it better?
你不能
You can't.
没人可以
None of us can.
他不在了
He's gone.
这不是你的错 别再怨恨自己了
And it's not your fault, so stop hating yourself.
我做不到
I can't.
行吧 但你欠我的
Fine, but you owe me,
你必须照我说的做 至少试着这么做
and you have to do what I say, so at least try.
我没有避重就轻
I'm not hiding from you.
上午9点41分
上午9点41分
我跟你谈那个案子
I'm not bringing up the case
不是为了避免讨论我自己
just to avoid talking about myself.
我只是...
I'm just...
你觉得她就是你
You think she's you.
贾斯敏 她就是你
Jasmine -- she's you.
赫斯壮先生 你在费城担任检察官
Mr. Hedstrom, how many years did you work as a prosecutor
多少年了
with the Commonwealth of Philadelphia?
三十三年
33.
年头不短了
That's a long time.
他们该给你放个假
You deserve a vacation --
去海滩乘凉 喝杯鸡尾酒
somewhere on a beach with a pi?a colada.
我退休了 不用担心我
I'm retired. No need to worry about me.
你认得这个吗 赫斯壮先生
You recognize this, Mr. Hedstrom?
是布洛梅尔女士1968年的卖♥♥淫指控
It's Ms. Bromelle's prostitution charge from 1968 --
-你提起的指控 -反对
- a charge that you prosecuted -- - Objection.
这些是被告方封存的未成年犯罪档案
These are the defendant's sealed juvenile records.
我引述戴维斯诉阿♥拉♥斯加州一案作为先例
I cite Davis v. Alaska as precedent.
此案中 法庭允许证人证明
It allows for the witness to testify
封存案件卷宗是否属实
to the sealed contents of cases.
反对无效
Objection overruled.
所以我把我自己投射在一个60岁的妓♥女♥身上
So now I'm projecting myself onto a 60-year-old hooker?
不然你为什么选择她作为复职后的第一个案子
Why else would you make this woman your first client back?
我告诉你了
I told you.
她在监狱帮了我
She helped me in jail,
而她所经历的那些事...
and after everything that she's been through...
你是说她小时候遭遇的性♥虐♥待
You mean the sexual abuse that she experienced as a child?
被告受到这些指控时多大
How old was the defendant at the time of these charges?
十三岁
13.
你为什么起诉她卖♥♥淫罪名
Why were you prosecuting her for prostitution
而没有把她当作性♥奴♥贩卖♥♥的受害者
instead of treating her as a victim of sex trafficking?
性♥奴♥贩卖♥♥的概念是最近才有的
The whole concept of sex trafficking is relatively new.
在当时 一般以卖♥♥淫起诉
In my day, you booked for solicitation
把她们关一阵子 抓人然后放人
and let them do the time -- catch and release.
在当时 你真的相信
And in your day, did you actually believe
一个十三岁的小女孩会自愿选择
that a 13-year-old child was making the choice
与成年人发生性关系来赚钱
to have sex with grown men for money?
你真变♥态♥
You're sick.
-你说什么 -所以你才干这个工作吗
- Excuse me? - Is that why you took this job --
将自己病态的幻想强加于别人
to project your sick fantasies onto people?
-安娜丽丝 -别轻易说别人受到过性侵
- Annalise... - Don't call people out for being sexually abused.
没有原因最好别提这种事
You don't trigger them for no reason.
我从青少年拘留所放了她
I released her from juvenile detention
并且封存了档案
and got the file sealed.
我当时也做不了什么
There really wasn't much else I could do at the time.
是吗
Really?
雪莉·沃森 帕特里夏·亚当斯
Sheri Watson, Patricia Adams,
卡罗尔·安·皮特森
Carol Anne Peterson --
这些名字有印象吗
any of these names ring a bell?
-没有 -我来提醒你一下
- No. - I'll refresh your memory.
这些未成年女孩
All of these are underage girls
都在1968年被指控犯卖♥♥淫
who were picked up for solicitation in 1968.
这些案子都委派给了你
All these cases were assigned to you.
但是 你没有起诉她们
But, instead of charging them,
而是向法庭要求将她们送去康复治疗
you petitioned that each of them be sent to rehabilitation.
每个案件情况不同 基廷女士
Every case is different, Ms. Keating --
事实上
Well, as a matter of fact,
这几个案子与我委托人的案子
each of these cases are virtually identical
基本完全一致 除了一点
to my client's in every way except for one --
我的委托人是黑人 那些女孩都是白人
my client is black, and all of these girls were white.
我这么做是有原因的
It's not for no reason.
我见过许多有成瘾问题的女性
Many of the women that I see with addiction issues
多数都遭受过身体上的虐待和性侵
have been abused -- - often physically, sexually.
如果贾斯敏能和白人女孩一样被对待
If Jasmine were treated like a white girl,
她会被送到安全的地方吃饭 睡觉
she would've been sent to a safe place to eat, sleep,
甚至可能还有机会去上学
maybe even given the opportunity to go to school.
-反对 争论性问题 -与此相反
- Objection. Argumentative. - But instead,
她被本应该保护她 从童年的地狱中
she's treated like a criminal by the officers and prosecutor
把她拯救出来的警官和公诉人
whose duty it was to protect her
视为罪犯
and save her from the hell that was her childhood.
如果我说错了 我道歉
I apologize if I'm wrong.
我并不知道你的全部遭遇
I don't know everything about you,
但指出你自己可能无法看清的联♥系♥
but it's my job to point out connections
是我的职责
that you might not be able to see yourself.
但是你把她赶到街上
But you turn her back out onto the streets
直到她有了犯罪记录
until she had a criminal record that prevented her
让她无法找到工作 政♥府♥公房♥ 援助
from getting a job, government housing, assistance...
法官阁下 请你惩戒基廷女士
Your Honor, please censure Ms. Keating.
每次违法都导致下一次的发生
...each violation leading to the next,
都起源于第一次逮捕
all stemming from the first arrest...
-基廷女士 请坐 -当本应该保护
- Ms. Keating, please sit. - ...when the system that
这个弱小的十三岁女孩的系统
should've been protecting this vulnerable 13-year-old girl
责备她 让她此生出入监狱
blamed her and doomed her to a life in and out of prison.
我和她一点都不像
I'm nothing like her.
我小时候发生过可怕的事
You know, horrible things happened to me as a child,
但是
but...
我有个爱我的妈妈
I had a mother who loved me,
说我聪明能上大学的老师
teachers who told me I was smart
而且我相信那些老师
and I could go to college and...I believed them.
因为这是我们会对社会上的黑人 女性
Because that's what we do to black people, women,
和同性恋做的事
and gay people in this world.
我们视而不见
We turn a blind eye,
然后告诉他们 他们的生活不重要
and we tell them that their lives don't matter.
但是那重要 贾斯敏·布洛梅尔的生活重要
But they do matter. Jasmine Bromelle matters.
我不是她
I'm not her.
我不是
I'm not.
虽然我很希望我们能回到1968年
And as much as I wish we could go back to 1968
帮助这位年轻女孩而不是惩罚她
and somehow assist this young girl instead of punishing her,
我们不能
we can't.
我不能
I can't.
但是这不对
But it's not right.
这是为什么我要求法♥院♥
That's why I'm demanding that the court
不仅是撤销她目前的指控
not just vacate her current charges,
还有她之前所有的定罪
but all of her prior convictions.
这是让布洛梅尔女士
It's the only way that Ms. Bromelle
得到她被夺走一辈子的
will be shown the basic human decency
基本的人类尊严的唯一途径
that she's been deprived of her entire life.
没关系
It's okay.
如果我要回去继续服刑 我不会有事的
If I got to go back and do time, I'll be okay.
至少我能说女版的强尼·卡克伦为我辩护过
At least I can say I was defended by the female Johnnie Cochran.
全体起立
All rise.
基廷女士 今天你忽视了你手上的案子
Ms. Keating, today you ignored the case at hand
而是为一个你想象的案子做了辩护
and tried a case of your own invention,
忽视了个事实 在这个国家
ignoring the fact that, in this country,
我们要求每位男性和女性都要
we ask every man and woman to take accountability
剧集 | 逍遥法外 | 导航列表