一个废弃的罐头厂
an abandoned cannery
老泡菜街区那里
in the old pickle district.
感觉他家通风就很棒
Sounds drafty.
好球
Nice roll.
地滚球的战局比我害怕的还要糟糕
The bocce situation was worse than I feared.
我得把场地夺回到
I had to get the range back
日出挥杆手的手中
in the hands of the Sunrise Swingers.
听我说 这事别张扬
Listen, I, uh, got to be discreet.
我似乎深入敌后了
Uh, I'm sort of behind enemy lines here.
但是如果我没搞错的话
But, uh, if I'm not mistaken,
你也是我们的一员
you're a fellow, uh,
-挥杆手[换♥妻♥俱♥乐♥部♥] -你说什么
- "Swinger." - Excuse me?
没事没事 我理解 只是...
No, no, it's okay. I'm cool. It's just that I, uh...
我在试着搞点事情
I'm trying to get something started here.
我是说 毫无疑问我们得秘密见面
I mean, uh, of course we have to meet in secrecy,
但我也不介意在我家举办
but I don't mind hosting at my house.
-你不会真的在... -夫人 醒醒吧
- Are you actually suggesting... - Lady, wake up.
我们的生活方式正在遭袭
Our way of life is under attack.
很快 我们人都凑不够一场
Pretty soon, there won't be enough of us
完整的四人对抗赛[性♥爱♥]了
for a decent foursome.
我得走了
I have to go.
好吧 考虑一下我说的话
Okay. Well, just think about it.
-就这样 你考虑考虑吧 -好
- That's all. Just think about it. - Okay.
-值得一试 是吧 -什么
- Worth a shot, huh? - What?
我才不是这个意思
No, that's not what I meant.
这就是你们地滚球玩家所关心的吗
Oh, that's what you bocce players are about, huh?
发现什么好的 就要毁掉它
You find something nice, and you ruin it.
那是施蒂格利茨博士
That's Dr. Stieglitz.
他有这个奖项赢家的最后决定权
He makes the final decision on the award.
他聪明又吓人 令人过目难忘
He's brilliant and scary and impossible to impress.
我知道这话听起来像老爸卖♥♥瓜
Hey, I know this is your dad talking,
但你自己也很聪明又吓人
but you're pretty brilliant and scary
令人过目难忘啊
and impossible yourself.
好吧 我已经露过面了
Okay. I've made an appearance.
-我们应该可以走了 -别这样 艾丽克斯
- I think we can go. - Come on, now, Alex.
这是为你举办的派对
This is a party in your honor,
况且你还带着你私人的啦啦队长
and you're here with your own personal cheerleader.
-爸爸 我只是... -我知道怎么激励一群学者
- Dad, I just... - I know how to pump up an academic crowd.
我还激励过一个辩论队呢
I had to cheer for the debate team once.
"要有说服力 要啊要有说服力"
"Be persuasive, B-E persuasive."
-"要啊要啊..." -够了
- "B-E P-E-R-S... " - That's enough.
"妈的 干脆去问薛定谔的猫得了"
"Damn. Might as well ask Schrodinger's cat."
宠物啊
Pets.
我曾经养过一只能用遥控器的金刚鹦鹉
I once had a macaw that could use a remote control.
成天看有线电视 你也许会想...
Watched a lot of cable. You'd think, uh...
它会看动物星球 但它主要看的是电影频道
You'd think Animal Planet, but it was mostly Cinemax.
我是艾丽克斯的爸爸
I'm Alex's dad.
艾丽克斯 过来这里
Alex, get in here.
实际上 我刚才指的是一个思维实验
Actually, I was referring to a thought experiment
关于量子力学中的一个悖论
concerning a paradox in quantum mechanics.
是啊 妙哉妙哉
Yes, quite, quite.
你们都是哪里人啊
Where are you all from originally?
太让人尴尬了
It was so embarrassing.
施蒂格利茨教授是个天才
Professor Stieglitz is a genius.
他才不会喜欢说着"妙哉妙哉"
He doesn't fall for people who pretend to understand him
来假装听得懂他的话的人
by saying things like "Quite, quite,"
或者"确实如此" 或者...
or, "Indeed," or...
有道理啊 兄弟
Touche, my good man!
不过说真的 我有个科学问题
But seriously, I-I have a science question
-我总是想不清楚 -要不就再想想
- I've always wondered about. - Uh, maybe keep wondering.
多少量的氦气能安全地让婴儿
Would there be a safe amount of helium you could give a baby
从地面微微飘起呢
that would lift it off the ground?
什么
What?
我不想让他飘走
Oh. I don't want it to float away.
我只想让他玩得开心
I-I just want it to have fun.
我们能...
Can we...
你能帮我个忙吗
Could you do me a favor?
我正让人把一个包裹送到我的宿舍
I'm having a package delivered to my dorm room,
需要有人留在那里签名
and someone needs to be there to sign for it.
你室友做不了吗
Can't your roommate do it?
不行 她被驱逐出境了
No. She got deported.
她不是从阿肯色州来的吗
I thought she was from Arkansas.
是啊 但是她的父母是...卖♥♥♥国♥♥贼♥
Yeah, but her parents were... traitors.
-贝丝和艾伦 -别难过
- Beth and Allen? - Don't feel bad.
我们都被骗了
We all fell for it.
所以你想让我回你的宿舍
So you want me to go back to your dorm room
坐着等一个包裹吗
and sit and wait for a package?
没错
Yes.
糟糕 宝贝 我...
Oh, sh-shoot, honey. I...
家里也有一个包裹要等我去收 所以...
I have a delivery coming back to the house, too, so...
我得赶紧去了
I should run.
-如果你必需得回去的话 行 -是的 我很抱歉
- Well, if you have to. - Yeah. I'm so sorry.
不过祝你好运 好吗
But, hey, good luck, okay?
再见 爸爸
Bye, Dad.
我看起来是不是有点...
Uh, did I seem a little...
过于无情 冷漠 没错
Zero Kelvin? Cold. Yeah.
所以你觉得我
So you think I was...
就像一组数的总和除以
Like the sum of a group of numbers divided by
这组数的数量 平均数[刻薄]
the number of those numbers? Mean.
怪不得没人愿意跟你一起编码 蒂娜
This is why no one wants to code with you, Tina.
你是怎么找到我的
Hey. How in the world did you find me?
你知道那个可以安在孩子手♥机♥上的定位软件吧
You know that app you can put on kids' phones to track them?
我给了你个惊喜 你就在我手♥机♥上安这个
You put one on my phone after I surprised you today?
别说了 我已经很内疚了
Don't make me feel worse than I already do.
等等 你赢了
Wait a minute. You won?!
恭喜你
Congratulations!
不用这样为我高兴 我受之有愧
Please don't be happy for me. I can't take it.
我对你太过分了
I was such a jerk to you.
没有 宝贝 我理解
No, honey, I get it. I, uh...
我知道我让你尴尬了
I know I can be embarrassing. I...
在聪明人身边我就是会紧张
I just get nervous around smart people.
有的时候对你也是
Sometimes even you.
我第一次说"妙哉妙哉"的时候
The first time I ever said "Quite, quite"
是你六岁那年 就在你跟我解释了
was when you were 6 years old and you just told me
植物是怎么产生二氧化碳之后
about how plants make carbon dioxide.
你可能不相信 但是
This may surprise you, but...
有的时候我希望我能更像你
sometimes I wish I was more like you,
你总是能享受生活
the way you're always able to enjoy life.
不管你信不信 我对我爸爸也是这种感觉
Believe it or not, I felt the same way about my dad.
我其实 跟他比是个悲观主义者
I'm a... I'm a pessimist compared to him.
而他的父亲因为笑太多
And his dad actually suffered
得了疝气
from a smile-induced hernia.
这是恶作剧周
It's prank week,
我却全程待在图书馆
and I spent the whole time in the library.
有的时候我感觉自己只是经历了
Sometimes I feel like I just went through
本应该是生命中最美好的四年
the four best years of my life,
而没有让这四年
only I forgot to make them
成为我生命中最美好的回忆
the four best years of my life.
大学还没结束呢
Well, college isn't over.
我可能能帮你弥补一下
And I just may be able to help you
逝去的一些时光
make up for a little lost time.
辣翅智力赛要开始了
Hot Wing Trivia's about to start.
我给你们登记的队名叫"邓菲队"
I have you guys registered as "The Dunphys"?
你怎么
How did you...?
你知道我要来
You knew I was coming?
别忘了你是从哪知道的那个定位软件
Let's not forget where you learned about that tracking app.
还有一点小变动
And there's one tiny change.
我们的队名叫无敌邓菲
We're actually the MacDunphys.
只有我爸爸会认为这种冷知识竞赛
Only my dad would think that a trivia game...
纽约三角内衣工厂火灾
The Triangle Shirtwaist Fire.
剧集 | 摩登家庭 | 导航列表