剧集 | 神烦警探 | 导航列表
First of all, let me say, what that officer did to you
首先 我想说 那位警官对你做的
was wrong, deeply wrong, and I'm furious about it.
是错的 严重错误 我对此非常生气
Okay. So why don't you back me up?
好吧 那你为什么不支持我
Because that complaint could backfire.
因为投诉可能会反过来影响我们
Cops who blow the whistle on other cops
检举其他警♥察♥的警♥察♥
almost always face a backlash,
大多数会反受影响
just like people who socialize with Margo
就像和Margo交际的人
invariably hear about her trip to Scottsdale.
无可避免会听她说去斯科茨代尔的见闻
You're real worked up about Margo.
你还真是生Margo的气了
Sorry.
对不起
She's horrible.
她太可怕了
Listen, I don't want to see your career derailed
听着 我不想看到你的事业脱轨
because you were besmirched
因为举报另一位警官
for reporting on another officer.
而败坏了你自己的名声
But what he did was wrong.
但是他做的的确不对
He should be besmirched!
应该败坏他的名声
Yes, but is that besmirching worth
是啊 但是败他的名声值得
the greater besmirching of your career?
以中伤你自己的事业为代价吗
You have to balance besmirchings.
你得权衡一下
There's politics to being a cop.
当警♥察♥也要会搞政♥治♥
But I wasn't harassed for being a cop.
但我并不是以警♥察♥的身份被骚扰的
I was harassed as a black man.
我是以黑人的身份被骚扰的
I'm not saying do nothing.
我不是让你忍♥气吞声
I'm saying the most powerful action you can take
我是说最有力的回击
is to rise through the ranks
是升职到一定级别
so that you can make large-scale changes.
直到有能力来做大规模的改变
I've had to pick my battles,
我选择了我要打的仗
and it hasn't always been easy,
也并非都一帆风顺
but now I have my own precinct,
但我现在有了自己的分局
a precinct whose officers would never do to you
这个分局里的警官们永远不会像
what Officer Maldack did.
Maldack警官那样对待你
I understand what you're saying, but--
我明白你的意思 但是
Shh.
安静
I hear Margo's squeaky shoes in the hallway.
我听到Margo那双吱吱叫的鞋了
One guess as to where in Arizona she brought them. Scottsdale.
猜猜她在亚利桑那州哪里买♥♥的鞋 斯科茨代尔
Oh. Ray. There you are.
噢 Ray 你在儿这啊
I'm about to start my Scottsdale slideshow.
我正要开始放我的斯科茨代尔幻灯片呢
It has all the highlights.
精彩景点都在里面
There are no highlights in Scottsdale, Margo.
斯科茨代尔没有精彩景点 Margo
That's what you think, Raymond.
那是你的想法 Raymond
Okay, we got chocolate-chocolate,
好了 我们有巧克力巧克力味的
chocolate-vanilla, and my personal favorite,
巧克力香草味的 还有我的最爱
a bowl full of cake batter.
一整碗蛋糕面糊
And loads o' movies. Eh?
还有一大堆电影 怎么样
We don't want to do that.
我们不想要
Uh, maybe you didn't hear us correctly.
呃 也许你们没有听清楚我们说的
We've got cake.
咱有蛋糕
We've got movies.
咱有电影
It's time to party!
燥起来吧
Is being black bad?
当黑人是不是不好
We're black. Are we gonna get in trouble like Daddy?
我们是黑人 我们会不会也像爸爸一样惹上麻烦
Jake, can I talk to you for a second?
Jake 我能跟你谈谈吗
Yes, please.
当然好
We have a problem. I know.
我们遇到问题了 我知道
What kind of kids don't want to eat cake?
什么样的孩子不喜欢吃蛋糕啊
Should we call Child Services on Terry?
是不是该叫保护儿童的人来找Terry
Jake, I think we have to face the music
Jake 我认为我们应该正视事实
and talk to them for real.
认真和孩子们谈谈
I know. You're right.
我知道 你说的对
But I'm gonna munch the cake batter while we do it.
但我要一边吃蛋糕糊一边谈
If you don't eat the raw egg fast,
如果生鸡蛋不尽快吃的话
it makes you even more sick.
吃了会更不舒服的
Never mind, let's go. Okay.
无所谓了 我们走 好
Okay, girls.
好了 姑娘们
There's something called prejudice,
有个词叫做偏见
which comes from the Latin words "Pre," Or "Before,"
它来自于拉丁文的"pre" 也就是"之前"
and "Judicium," Which means "To judge."
和"judicium" 也就是"判定"
Are you with me so far?
跟上我的思路了吗
No. No.
没有 没有
Okay. Um,
好吧 嗯
you know how it's tougher in this world to be a woman?
你们知道在这世界里做女人更难吗
It is?
是吗
No. No, no, no. That's not what I meant.
不 不不不 我不是那个意思
Then I don't want to be a woman.
那我不想做女人了
Me neither. You don't have to be
我也不想 如果你内心不是的话
if that's who you are-- you know what?
也不需要一直做女人 实际上
That's a whole other conversation.
那是别的话题了
Uh...
呃
Okay. Here we go.
好了 我们开始
A cop did a bad thing
一个警♥察♥做了一件坏事
and tried to get your daddy in trouble,
想找你们爸爸的麻烦
but your daddy didn't do anything wrong.
但你们的爸爸没有做错事
Because Daddy's black?
因为爸爸是黑人吗
Yeah.
是
That's scary.
好可怕
It is scary.
是很可怕
But that cop was wrong, and what he did was bad.
但是那个警♥察♥错了 他那样做很不好
And the most important thing is your daddy's okay,
而且最重要的是 你们的爸爸很好
and he's not in trouble,
他没有惹上麻烦
and he loves you both more than anything in the world.
他爱你们胜过世上的任何东西
Okay? Okay.
明白了吗 明白
Okay.
好的
Well, that wasn't so bad.
看来也没有那么糟
Well, if you guys have any other questions, we're here for you.
你们还有什么问题的话 尽管提
What's an orgasm? Come on!
高♥潮♥是什么 行行好吧
Terry, I know you're upset,
Terry 我知道你很沮丧
but this is the right thing to do.
但是这才是正确的处理方式
You're this close to the City Council position,
你离市政♥府♥的工作只有一步之遥
and that's just the beginning.
而那只是一个开始
It would be a shame to jeopardize that.
如果影响了你的晋升就太可惜了
Look, I get that the guys in our precinct wouldn't profile me,
听着 我知道我们分局的人不会以貌取人
but it still happened only one precinct over.
但是这种事还是在发生 就在隔壁分局
Which is why you need to keep pushing forward in your career,
正因如此 你才需要不断往高处走
so that you can change the system.
这样才能改变整个体制
Terry, you're a great cop.
Terry 你是个很好的警♥察♥
You could become a chief or higher.
你可能升到总警监 甚至更高
How long will it take to make change that way?
要花多长时间才能做出那样的改变
Maldack is on the street now.
Maldack现在就在街上巡逻
You know why I became a cop?
你知道我为什么当警♥察♥吗
Please share.
说出你的故事
Because when I was a kid,
因为在我还是个孩子的时候
I always wanted to be a superhero.
我一直都想成为超级英雄
Stop it! Stop bothering little Terry!
停下 不要来烦小Terry
Or what? Or I will defeat you!
不然呢 不然我会打败你
Whoa.
哇哦
I wanted to help people like that cop helped me.
我希望像那个警♥察♥帮助我一样帮助别人
But right now,
但是现在
I don't feel like a superhero.
我不觉得自己像个超级英雄
I feel the opposite.
我觉得恰好相反
When I got stopped the other day,
那天我被拦下来的时候
I wasn't a cop.
我不是一个警♥察♥
I wasn't a guy who lived in a neighborhood
我不是一个住在那个社区
looking for his daughter's toy.
寻找女儿的玩具的人
I was a black man, a dangerous black man.
我是一个黑人 一个危险的黑人
That's all he could see: a threat.
他眼中看到的只有这个 一个威胁
And I couldn't stop thinking about my daughters.
而我无可抑制地想到我的女儿们
And their future.
还有她们的未来
And how years from now,
在此之后的很多年
they could be walking down the street,
她们也可能走在路上
looking for their kids' Moo Moo,
寻找她们孩子的哞哞
剧集 | 神烦警探 | 导航列表