the President of the United States has asked me to hear you out.
现在我们美国的总统 要求我听你们的解释
So here I am.
所以我来了
Well...
但愿...
as long as you've got an open mind.
你能保持开放的心胸
Colonel...
上校...
For crying out loud, Samuels, what d'you tell this man?
看在老天的份上,山姆斯 你跟参议员说了什么?
The truth.
事实真♥相♥
Colonel Samuels was entirely nonpartisan.
山姆斯中校是站在超然立场的
OK. Now, that's impossible. He's been against this programme from day one.
拜托,参议员,那是不可能的 他从一开始就反对这个计划
If anything, I voiced my awe and amazement at what the Stargate is.
说老实话呢,我对星际之门 真的是觉得敬畏又神奇
A technological marvel.
这是科技上的奇迹
It is so much more than that, Senator.
参议员,这不只是奇迹而已
The Stargate represents a giant step in our understanding of the universe.
星际之门代表了我们对这个 宇宙的了解,又跨进了一大步
We have learned more about astrophysics in these few months...
我们在这几个月 对天文学的认知...
than in the last 50 years!
就已经超过了... 过去五十年的努力!
It also gives us insights into cultures that are thousands of years old.
而且它还给我们机会 见识到几千年前的人类文化
Dr Jackson, I'm sure as a scholar of ancient mythology...
杰克森博士 我相信你身为古代神话学者...
you are familiar with the story of Pandora.
一定很熟悉潘多拉的故事
From Greek mythology, of course.
当然,那是希腊神话
The first woman created by Zeus...
她是宙斯创造的第一个女人...
who gave her a box and warned her never to open it.
宙斯给她一个盒子 并且警告她绝对不可以打开
But she did, out of curiosity.
她打开了,是出于好奇
Despite the warning of her god, who was also her father, she did.
虽然她的神警告她 这神也是她的父亲,她还是开了
And from it sprung all the plagues and evil that exist now in this world.
而从这盒子里,跑出了现在 存在这世界的疾病,弊端以及邪恶
And, keeping in mind that this is a myth,
请记得我们现在说的只是神话
she closed it in time to keep hope inside.
她及时关上了,而把"希望"留在里面
Then should we not close your gate for the same reason-to keep hope inside?
我们不应该为了相同的理由 关上大门,好留下"希望"吗?
Senator, if I may jump in here...
参议员,对不起,请容我打个岔...
I'm not as slick as you guys talking in metaphors here.
我呢,我不像你们这么机灵 能够谈些隐喻
I'm a military man.
我是个军人
I prefer facts.
我比较喜欢事实
And the fact is the gate, ie "the box", is already open.
这事实是..这个大门就是那个盒子 它已经打开了
Now, what's done is done.
这已经成为事实
We made ourselves an enemy by killing Ra...
我们杀了拉尔而树立了敌人...
but the threat the Goa'ulds represent
但是现在勾阿邬所代表的威胁
Threat?
威胁?
Yes, sir. As in "threatening".
没错,他们的确...造成威胁
The word "threat", Colonel O'Neill,
欧尼尔上校,威胁这个字眼
is used too often by this country's military
已经在本国被军队过分的滥用
as a justification for expenditures we can no longer afford.
而我们的经费预算 已经不允许我们再承担下去
Do you know how much this programme costs?
你知道这个计划 到底花了多少钱吗?
Seven... ish.
大概...七十多...
Seven billion, four hundred and seven million dollars!
正确的数字 是七十四亿零七百万元美金!
Give or take. Per year!
给或不给 每一年!
With all due respect,
恕我冒昧,参议员,
the accounting department is up on level 3, I believe.
我相信 这个会计部门,是在第三♥级♥以上
But if you want to talk about maintaining the first line of defence...
但是如果参议员你要讨论 维持第一线的防御系统...
against what I believe is the greatest enemy humanity has faced
来对抗我认为人类有史以来 最可怕的敌人的话...那么我觉得
Hyperbole!
你太夸张了!
See for yourself!
你自己看吧!
General, I suggest we dial up old P4A-771, I believe it was.
将军,我建议我们拨到P4A-771星球 我想应该是这个吧
See how long the Senator lasts in that world!
看我们的参议员 在那个世界能撑多久!
I have spent a career listening to doomsayers in uniform.
我在工作上听了许多预言 末日来临的军人
Let us build our billion-dollar machine
我们来建造十亿元的机器,
to save America from barbarians at the gate!
就能从大门边的野蛮人手中拯救美国!
Let me remind you that the Cold War is over!
我要提醒你一件事情 冷战已经结束了!
Let me tell you something! This time there are barbarians-
也让我提醒您一件事情! 参议员,这一回他们真的是野蛮人
they're called Goa'ulds.
他们叫做勾阿邬
And they really are at the gate. That one!
他们真的就在大门边! 就那个大门
Then I suggest we close it.
那我给你个建议,把它关闭掉
Senator, we believe the Goa'uld
参议员,我们有充分的理由相信
are about to launch an attack, in force, in ships.
勾阿邬准备要以宇宙飞船发动攻击
Then I think they'll regret taking on the United States military.
那我认为 他们会后悔胆敢向美国的军队挑战
Oh, for God's sake.
你以为美国是神啊
Oh, you're right.
你说的对啊,
We'll just upload a computer virus into the mother ship.
我们只要在他们的母舰上植入计算机病毒.
If they coming with ship we won't be any match for them.
参议员,如果他们搭船来 我们绝对不是他们的对手
At their level of technology, they can wipe us out from orbit.
以他们的先进科技 他们可以把我们打离轨道
I'm not convinced of that.
我可不相信这一点
They speak the truth. I'm not entirely convinced of that either.
他们说的是真的 你说的这一点,我也持怀疑的态度
General, why are we here?! He's made up his mind.
将军,我们在这儿干什么?! 参议员早就做好决定了嘛
Sit down, Colonel. When I've made up my mind, you will know it.
坐下,上校,等我做好决定的时候 你自然会知道
I will ask you once more.
我再慎重的要求你一次
Sit down, please.
坐下,拜托
Colonel.
上校
I gave the President my word I would give you a fair hearing
我向总统保证,会给你们一个公平的听证会,
and I intend to do that.
而我也打算这么做
He held you and your team up as a shining example
他认为你还有你的小组 是星际之门中心
of the fine work the SGC is doing.
所做的工作中最闪亮的珠宝
Now... do you stand by SG-1's record?
好...你承认SG-1的记录吗?
Yes, I do.
是啊,我承认
Then let's just go through it, shall we?
好,那我们开始讨论吧?
Thank you.
谢谢
On February 10th of this year,
在今年的二月十号♥,
you and a team led by Major Charles Kawalsky
你和查尔斯 卡瓦斯基少校所带领的小组
went through the Stargate on a reconnaissance mission
经由星际之门出使侦查任务
Excuse me, Senator.
对不起,参议员
Samuels, could I get a copy of that?
山姆斯,能给我一份副本吗?
Uh... you wrote this report, Colonel.
这报告是你自己写的,上校
Just one little reference.
只是作为参考用啊
Samuels.
山姆斯
To repeat: on February 10th
重复一次: 在今年的二月十号♥,
you and a team led by Major Charles Kawalsky
你和查尔斯 卡瓦斯基少校所带领的小组
went through the Stargate on a reconnaissance mission
经由星际之门出使侦查任务
to rescue both Dr Jackson's wife and her brother
并且解救杰克森博士的妻子 和她的弟弟...
and to determine the Goauld threat.
并且终结勾阿邬带来的威胁
Excuse me, Senator, I'm sorry.
打个岔,参议员,对不起,不是钨
There should be an apostrophe after the A, before the U. It's pronounced...
而是邬 旁边要加个耳朵,应该念做...
Goa'uld.
勾阿邬
I assume, since you were captured and imprisoned...
我想你们到达不久之后 就被捕抓并且囚禁了...
that you would characterise this world as an enemy stronghold.
你们认为 这世界是敌军的据点大本营是吧?
I would.
没错
I read from the personal report of Colonel Jack O'Neill,
我看过杰克欧尼尔上校的私人报告
dated 23rd February.
纪录在二月二十三日
"Skaara was chosen. I tried to stop them from taking him away...
史卡拉被拣选 我试图阻止他们把他带走...
but was struck by an alien staff weapon."
但是却被外星棍棒武器所攻击
"In that moment, Apophis gave the order."
在那个时候阿波菲斯下令
Kill the rest.
杀了其它人
I can save these people!
我可以救这些人!
Help me!
帮助我!
Help me.
帮助我
Many have said that.
很多人都这么说
Orgh!
啊!
But you are the first I believe could do it!
但你是我第一个相信能做到的!
Get out of the way!
快让开!
Come on, let's move! Come on! Come on!
快,快走啊! 快点!来!
Come on! Move! Come on!
快! 快!动作快!
Come on. Go! There you go! Go!
快点!快点,快!
Go, go!
来!
Come on!
快!
So, even with your team unarmed, at the enemy's mercy...
所以即使你们手无寸铁 被敌人囚禁...
...in the palm of their hand, as it were, ...
落入他们手中,即使这样...
...one of their own was able to set you free.
他们当中的一人,就能救出你们
l-It wasn't that simple, Senator.
参议员,事情没那么简单
Read on, please.
请继续念下去
"We met heavy resistance on our return to the Stargate...
我们回星际之门的路上呢 遇到了大规模的抵抗...
and became pinned down by enemy aircraft."
并且被敌军的飞机给困住了
Take cover!
快找掩护!
Colonel, we're sitting ducks here!
上校,我们无路可逃了!
It seems to me that Major Kawalsky made light work...
依我看来,卡瓦斯基少校 轻松的就打下了...
剧集 | 星际之门 SG-1(1997) | 导航列表