我上网读华尔街日报
and I read the Wall Street Journal online
直到我看完了五篇免费文章的额度
until I used up my five free articles.
从你的信用评分来看
Well, based on your credit score,
红杉社区大学欢迎你入读
we'd like to welcome you to Sequoia Community College.
谢谢
Thank you!
一旦你走过十五道
And once your walk through
运输安♥全♥局♥认可的金属探测器
one of our 15 TSA-approved metal detectors,
一切皆有可能
anything is possible.
课业很难吗
How hard is it?
我们的大多数学生
Well, most of our students report
每周做十到十五小时的
about 10 to 15 hours of homework a week
课后作业
in addition to class time.
听起来像正经大学似的
That sounds like real college.
这就是正经大学
This is a real college.
需要付出很多努力
And it's a lot of hard work.
但你在这里用功两年
But, you put in your two years here,
然后转学到正经...
then transfer to a real --
到四年制大学
to a four-year college
就能找到入门级工作
and you will land an entry-level job.
谈不上光鲜
Nothing too glamorous,
但你付出努力 向上爬
but you pay your dues, climb the ladder.
等你四十五岁时
By the time you're 45,
你就能住上三间卧室有栅栏的房♥子了
you're living in a three-bedroom house with a picket fence!
三间卧室有栅栏的房♥子
Three-bedroom house with a picket fence?
我家不就是吗
Already got one of those.
在这还能免费洗衣吃饭看有线电视
Plus, free meals, laundry, and cable.
我已经实现梦想了
I am living the dream.
知道我怎么想吗
You know what I say?
"谁需要读大学啊"
"Who needs college?"
法♥院♥ 司法广场
刚才做得好 我请你吃甜甜圈
Great work out there. I'm getting you a donut.
你应得的
You earned it.
警♥察♥吃甜甜圈 不会太符合刻板印象吗
Er, a donut. Isn't that a little on the nose?
太合胃口才对吧
And a lot on the belly.
勃利斯
Ah, Blitz!
二位 二位
Okay, guys, guys.
后座还是打不开门
The door handle situation really hasn't changed.
-抱歉 -没错
- Oh, sorry. - Yeah.
我给他开门了
I opened it.
警官 算了
Sir? Okay.
太丢人了
So humiliating.
饺子警官就那么把我扔在车后座
Officer Pierogi just banishes me to the backseat
好像我只是搭车一样
like I'm just along for the ride.
这本来就是"随警巡逻"
Well, it is called a "Ride-along". So...
米奇尔
Mitchell!
露西 小卡 这是露西
Oh, hey, Lucy, um -- Cam, this is Lucy.
今天就是她帮我们安排的
She's the one that set all this up for us.
太谢谢你了
Thank you so much.
-米奇尔今天特别开心 -那太好了
- Mitchell had a wonderful time. - Oh, great.
-意思是你同意了吗 -问题是什么
- So, does that mean the answer's "Yes"? - What's the question?
几周来
Oh, I've been trying for weeks
我都在试图说服他当检察官
to get this guy to become prosecutor.
你是说《法律与秩序》中的
Y-- You mean, like, Angie Harmon on --
安吉·哈蒙
on "Law and Order"
或者《洛城法网》中的苏珊·黛
or Susan Dey on "L.A. Law"?
或者做这份工作的男人
Or a man who does that job.
那你怎么没和我说呢
Okay, well, why didn't you tell me about this?
你们先好好讨论吧
I'm going to give you guys a minute.
但是米奇尔 周一之前你得告诉我结果
But, um, Mitchell, I really need to know by Monday.
不然我就得去找别人了 好吗
Otherwise, I have to move on to someone else, okay?
-好 -很高兴见到你
- Okay. ?- It was nice to meet you.
-我也是 -再见
- Nice to meet you. ?- Bye!
很抱歉
Okay, I'm -- I'm sorry
我没和你说这份工作的事
I -- I didn't tell you about the job.
只是这是个重大改变
It's -- it's just a big change,
我希望自己做出这个决定
and I wanted to make this decision on my own.
知道吗 这是好消息
You know what, here's the good news.
-你有个很棒的工作机会 -嗯
- You have a fantastic job offer... ?- Mm-hmm.
如果今天我们学到了什么
...and if today taught us anything,
那就是你对这世界有激♥情♥
it's that you have a passion for this world.
实际上 如果今天我们学到了什么
Well, actually, if today taught me anything,
那就是我绝对不想要这份工作
it's that I definitely do not want this job.
我要去找露西
I'm -- I'm gonna go find Lucy.
真好 我迟到了
Oh, good. I'm late.
我在努力不受日程的控制
I'm trying to free myself of the calendar.
我按生物周期节律生活
I live by my circadian rhythms.
真重要
So important!
妮可 这是我外公杰
Nicole, this is my grandfather, Jay.
你好吗
How do you do?
这位是辣酱专家 我妻子歌♥洛莉亚
And this is the sauce maven herself, my wife, Gloria.
很高兴见到你
Very nice to meet you.
我喜欢你的口音
Oh, I love your accent.
我之前争取了
You know, I was up for the role
墨西哥矮子毒枭情妇的位子
of El Chapo's mistress.
我没看那部电影
Oh, I did not see that movie.
什么电影
What movie?
我们很感激
And we appreciate you taking time
你在繁忙的工作中抽出时间
from your busy schedule here at NERP.
这是个很有活力的组织
It's a dynamite organization.
我是铁杆粉 我喜欢你做的事
I'm a big fan. Love what you're doing.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
我在推销 我在这样做
I was selling. That's what I was doing.
我不知道这邪教宣传的是什么理念
I don't know what nonsense this cult was pushing,
但反正最后
but at the end of the day,
他们会参与辣酱生意
they were gonna be in the sauce business.
这些辣椒
And so, these peppers
是歌♥洛莉亚辣酱的核心
are the heart of Gloria's sauce.
但这是成品
But this is the finished product,
当然
of course --
莎莎辣酱
the Salsa Atomica.
很有辣椒感
Mmm! Peppery!
她有精细的味觉
She has a sophisticated palate!
我能感觉到治愈效果
I can feel the healing.
也许那就是你容光焕发的原因
Maybe that's why you're glowing.
是我疯了 还是她真的容光焕发
Am I crazy or is she glowing?
绝对是容光焕发
Totally glowing!
歌♥洛莉亚 我发现你有点安静
Gloria, I notice that you're really kind of quiet.
是缺乏维生素D吗
Is that a vitamin D thing?
我们有袜子能解决这一问题
'Cause we have socks that can address that.
不 我只是...
No, I'm just --
让我卖♥♥掉这个很难
you know, it's hard for me to sell this.
这在我家族里传了五代
It's been in my family for five generations.
他们大部分15岁就有了孩子
Most of them had kids at 15.
我村里一直很动荡
Things were not always easy in my village.
但我们
But the one thing
一直可以依靠的一样东西就是辣酱
that we could always count on was the sauce
这是由几种神奇的哥伦比亚辣椒混合而成
made from this blend of magical Colombian peppers.
也许是因为
Well, maybe it was just the way
水从山上流下来
the water came down the mountain
在我们的家庭农场周围蜿蜒
and curved around our family farm.
我喜欢山和曲线
I love mountains and curves.
太诺普了
So NERP!
我记得
You know, I remember
我祖母每周日为我做饭
my grandmother cooking for me every Sunday.
我会抓着她的围裙
I would hold on to her apron
跟她在厨房♥里转来转去
and follow her around the kitchen
而她在准备辣酱
while she prepared her sauce.
她会把勺子送到我嘴边
She would hold out the spoon to me
说 "尝尝
and say, "Taste this.
这是你的家"
It's your familia."
我觉得诺普公♥司♥是我家
剧集 | 摩登家庭 | 导航列表