能开始放电影了吗
Can we start the movie?
在谢尔顿到之前就开始吗
Before Sheldon gets here?
我们上次这样 他足足一个月不跟我们说话
Last time we did that, he didn't talk to us for a month.
还不快放
So do it!
等等嘛 他在哪呢
Hold on. Where is he?
根据他的短♥信♥ 他刚才到二楼了
Well, according to his text, he was on the second floor,
但他得停下绑鞋带
then he stopped to tie his shoe.
绑好了 准备...
All tied, and...
-大家安安 -你回来啦
- Hello! - Hi.
抱歉我们迟到了
Sorry we're late.
艾米绑我鞋带的速度慢死了
Amy took forever tying my shoe.
好的
All right!
有谁对看纪录片感到很兴奋啊
Who's excited to see a documentary?
这题我会
Oh, I know this one.
从来没人
Nobody ever.
别这样 这部绝对会很赞
Hey! This one's going to be great.
这部是在讲
This is about the rivalry
离经叛道酷炫科学家尼古拉·特斯拉
between a cool renegade scientist, Nikola Tesla,
与宿敌托马斯·爱迪生之间的仇恨
and his arch-nemesis, Thomas Edison.
这是科学界最赞的一段宿怨
It's the greatest scientific feud of all time.
莱布尼茨跟牛顿之间的血海深仇都可以忘了
I mean, you can forget about Leibniz and Newton.
莱布尼茨的微积分数学符号♥被更广泛地使用
已忘
Done.
特斯拉是发明电动汽车的人吗
So, Tesla's the one that invented the electric car?
佩妮 不是的
No, Penny.
那牌子的车只是以他的名字命名而已
No, the car is just named after him.
行行行 你也不需要拽成这样吧
Okay, you don't have to be so smug about it.
你去看恐怖片《小丑回魂》
You know, you went to see that movie It
还是因为你以为电影是讲恐怖程序员呢
because you thought it was about scary I.T. Guys.
特斯拉是发明了我们的输电网络的天才
Tesla was a genius who invented our electrical grid.
而爱迪生只是想捞钱与博名气
Edison just wanted to get rich and famous.
他不是发明了灯泡吗
Didn't he invent the lightbulb?
他就想你这么以为
That's what he wants you to think.
但如果没有如埃柏奈泽·肯纳斯理
But without the foundational work of Ebenezer Kinnersley,
沃伦·德拉鲁与詹姆士·鲍曼·琳赛打下的基础
Warren de la Rue and James Bowman Lindsay,
你对爱迪生的认识并不会多过你对
you wouldn't know Edison any more than you know
埃柏奈泽·肯纳斯理 沃伦·德拉鲁
Ebenezer Kinnersley, Warren de la Rue
或詹姆士·鲍曼·琳赛的认识
or James Bowman Lindsay.
他燃起来时是不是特性感
Isn't he sexy all fired up?
跟他之间的交流 电到了我
He really gets my current alternating,
懂我的哏吗
if you know what I mean.
爱迪生就是个沽名钓誉的恶霸
Edison was kind of a publicity hog and a bully.
他电死一只名为托普西的大象
Yeah, he electrocuted an elephant named Topsy
就为了让自己出名
just to make himself famous.
用交流电电死了这只因伤人被判死刑的大象
如果我有一只叫托普西的大象
If I had an elephant named Topsy,
我会让它生活优渥 衣食无忧
he would want for nothing.
还有 他的名字会叫小飞象
Also, he'd be named Jumbo.
更差的是 史上首个接吻影片是爱迪生录的
And worse than that, Edison filmed the first on-screen kiss,
他基本上就是个拍黄♥片♥的
so he's basically a pornographer.
不过每次我想把这话加进维♥基♥百♥科♥
Although every time I put that in Wikipedia,
都会被别人删掉
someone takes it out.
你现在还电气满满吗
Is your current still alternating?
幸好这里没有大象 否则...
We're lucky there aren't any elephants in here.
昨晚那部纪录片
You know, that documentary last night was actually
-其实比我想象中要来的好看呢 -真的吗
- better than I thought it would be. - Really?
就那影片的结尾方式[电报]
Should've been about Samuel Morse
按理说应该讲萨缪尔·摩尔斯才对
the way they telegraphed that ending.
我已经为这笑话假笑过一次了
I already pretended to laugh at that joke once.
我们一定得再来一次吗
Do I have to do it again?
你能配合就再好不过了
Yeah, I'd appreciate it.
萨缪尔·摩尔斯 要被你笑死了
Samuel Morse. You kill me.
莱纳德 你能开车带我去上班吗
Leonard, can you drive me to work?
可以啊 对了 我们几个
Yeah, sure. Oh, hey, the guys and I
说到晚一点要去格里斐斯天文台
were talking about going to see the Tesla coil
看特斯拉线圈 要不要一起来
at the observatory later on, if you want to join.
抱歉去不了 我有事
Oh, I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy.
-怎么了 你要干嘛 -莱纳德 你才要干嘛
- Why? What are you doing? - Leonard, what are you doing?
他说他去不了 摆出哭哭脸就完事了
He said he can't go. Make a sad face, move on.
没关系
It's fine.
我就是想告诉你也不行
I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to.
-这话什么意思 -莱纳德
- What does that mean? - Leonard!
哭哭脸 哭哭脸
Sad face, sad face.
我很乐意说 但我不行 你懂的
I mean, I would like to, but I just can't, you know,
因为这是最高机密
because it's classified and top secret.
等等 你还在为军方工作吗
Hold on, are you still working for the military?
你想出来真是太好了
I'm so glad you figured that out!
保密真是要把我给憋死了
It was killing me keeping it a secret!
他们不是炒了你们吗
I thought they fired you guys.
是啊 但是他们又重新雇了我
They did, but then they hired me back.
你最好不是在弄我们之前的项目
Well, you better not be working on our project,
因为我们可是团队
because we're a team.
莱纳德 "团队"两字里无"我"
Leonard, there is no "I" in team.
但是"我为军方干活
However, there is an "I" in
而你机会被我剥夺喔"这句里就有"我"
"I'm working with the military and you're not."
其实有五个发音带"呜哦"的字呢
There's five of them, in fact.
我有个大惊喜给你
I got a big surprise for you.
是派跟冰激凌吗
Is it pie and ice cream?
看来我是牛皮吹大了
Wow, did I oversell it.
是拉杰跟如琪
It's Raj and Ruchi!
-你好啊 -我们来啦
- Hello. - Hey. Hi.
你们两个怎么来啦
Hey, what are you two doing here?
不会打扰你太久
We won't stay long.
我就是来送给你
I just wanted to drop something off
我跟公♥司♥姑娘们送你的小礼物
from me and the girls at work.
公♥司♥的姑娘们没人喜欢我到愿意送我礼物
None of the girls at work like me enough to get me a gift.
那这样你就能理解为什么办公室里
Okay, so you'll know why everyone at the office
所有人都是同样的笔迹了
has the same handwriting.
很谢谢这份心意
I really appreciate the thought,
但不用这么客气 我很快能重回岗位
but it's not necessary. I'll be back soon.
不用担心工作 你需要休息多久就多久
Don't worry about work. You take all the time you need.
对啊 就关闭你的大脑
Yeah, just turn off your brain
让你的子♥宫♥施展它的魔法就行
and let your uterus do its magic.
它现在是这场表演的主角了
It's the star of the show now.
好了 本来不知道该让你们待多久
Okay, wasn't sure how long I should let you guys stay.
现在知道了 出去
Now I know! Get out!
很高兴看到你 你看起来气色很好
Good to see you. You look amazing.
谢谢你们来探望我
Thanks for coming!
这臭三八
That bitch.
别这样 拉杰也是一番好意
Oh, come on, he means well.
他也就是想让女朋友觉得他人好
He's just trying to impress his girlfriend.
我是在骂如琪
I'm talking about Ruchi.
她想抢我饭碗
She's after my job.
不然她干嘛说"你需要休息多久就多久"
Why do you think she said, "Take all the time you need"?
因为她人好啊
Because she was being nice?
才不是 趁我在家相夫教子
No, she's trying to steal my projects while I'm at home
养这破盆栽时 抢走我的项目
taking care of this useless plant and my dumb family.
我说这话是因为我爱你
I'm only saying this because I love you
而且你从床上那里打不到我
and because you can't reach me from that bed,
但你听起来有点神经病
but you sound a little crazy.
我也爱你 但我也可以把这卡片当成
I love you, too, but I could fling this card in your eye
忍♥者手里剑来射爆你狗眼
like a ninja throwing star.
我才不信你
I don't believe you.
为什么军方会想要谢尔顿啊
Why would the military want Sheldon?
我不知道啊 让他当靶子吗
I don't know. Target practice?
他最好不是在搞我们的导向系统
Well, he better not be working on our guidance system.
那可是我的点子
That was my idea.
我打给威廉姆斯上校
Why don't we call Colonel Williams
问问到底是什么情况吧
and find out what's going on.
很好 我想要真♥相♥ 他最好乖乖回答
Great. I want answers and he'd better give them to us.
两位好
Hello, gentlemen.
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表