I mean, part of me was worried I was being unfair to Sheldon.
将你的恻隐之心藏起来
Take that part of yourself and hide it away.
就像我藏起我去年
Just like I did with last year's bonus check
"没拿到"的奖金支票
that I "didn't get."
戴维斯女士 你有事找我吗
Ms. Davis, you wanted to see me?
是的 霍夫斯塔德博士 快进来
Yes, Dr. Hofstadter, come on in.
我是该坐下还是站着
Should I sit or stand?
我没被召进过主任办公室 不懂规矩
I'm not used to being called into the dean's office.
请坐
Please, sit.
不得不说 还真是有点紧张啊
I have to say I'm a little nervous.
应该的
You should be.
我知道我搞砸了
Look, I know I screwed up,
但就是一次访谈而已
but it was only one interview.
那能对学校造成多大的损害呢
How much damage could it have caused?
你想听我给你念念我收到的邮件吗
Would you like for me to read you the e-mails
学校的捐助者们都在问如果物理是条死路
from donors asking why are they giving us money
那给咱们捐钱的意义何在
if physics is a dead end?
我可没说物理是条死路
I didn't say it was a dead end.
我只是说我担心可能会这样
I just said that I was worried it might be.
那如果我说我担心
So if I just said I was worried
你可能下周就要失业了
you might not have a job next week,
你感觉怎么样
how would you feel?
头晕 还好你让我先坐下
Light-headed, and glad you asked me to sit down.
好吧 你就说我该怎么做吧
Okay, just tell me what I can do.
我要你发表一份声明
I'm gonna need you to make a statement
说自己言论有失 并且你坚信
saying that you misspoke, and that you're confident
物理学界即将迎来一个重大突破
the physics community is close to a major breakthrough.
你想让我撒谎
You want me to lie.
听着 霍夫斯塔德博士 我就指望你了
Look, Dr. Hofstadter, I'm counting on you.
我认为你是本校最聪明的物理学家
I think that you are the smartest physicist at this university.
真的吗
Really?
瞧 撒谎一点都不难
See? Lies. They're not that hard.
感觉某人今天很用功啊
Looks like you've been busy.
是啊
Oh, I have.
暗物质 调和广义相对论与量子力学的矛盾
Uh, dark matter, uh, reconciling gravity and quantum mechanics.
超对称性
Supersymmetry.
我已经搞清了当今物理界最大的几个难题
I've figured out the biggest problems in physics today.
你都解出来了吗
Wow, you solved them all?
没有 我只是清楚知道了它们是最大的几个难题
No, I just, I figured out that they're the biggest problems.
是因为莱纳德在电台上说的话吗
Is this about what Leonard said on the radio?
当然不是
Absolutely not.
而且我不想谈论莱纳德
And I do not want to talk about Leonard.
我们能谈点别的事情吗
Can we please just talk about anything else?
我们可以谈谈我的一天
We could talk about my day.
我真是自己挖坑自己跳 对吧
Walked right into that one, didn't I?
既然你勉强算是问了
Well, since you sort of asked,
我今天其实过得非常开心
I actually had a very good day.
我的实验室多了不少新设备
Got some new equipment for my lab.
恭喜你啊
Well, congratulations.
我也有新设备
I got some new equipment, too.
这些马克笔
I got these markers.
水果味的哦
They smell like fruit.
我买♥♥的时候完全没有注意到
Which I did not notice when I bought them.
我一点也不喜欢
Don't really care for it.
给 喝这个
Here, drink this.
或许会有帮助
It might help.
万一没有呢
What if it doesn't?
所以我给你带了一整瓶呀
Well, that's why I brought the bottle.
走廊没有一个人愿意跟我说话
No one would talk to me in the halls.
人们都瞪着我
They just glared at me.
感觉就像又过了一遍高中生活
It's like high school all over again.
我超级想再过一遍高中生活
Oh, I would totally do high school all over again.
-但那对你没帮助 -没有
- But that doesn't help you. - No.
我被叫去了行政办公室
I got called in to the administration office.
瞧瞧我的坏小子 居然被校长叫过去
Ooh, look at my bad boy getting called to the principal.
严格来说 我们没有校长
We don't technically have a principal.
有个常务委员会在监督学校预算
There's a standing committee that oversees the budget.
瞧瞧我的坏小子
Ooh, look at my bad boy
回答没人问你的问题
answering questions nobody asked.
拜托 你不过是在电台说了几句傻话
Hey, come on, look, you said a few dumb things on the radio--
最坏又能怎样呢
what is the worst that could happen?
我可能会被解雇
I may get fired.
好吧 就算被解雇了 你也可以找别的工作啊
Okay, well, even if you did, you could find another job.
谁会想聘用一个在公开场合
Yeah, who wouldn't want to hire the physicist
说物理已死的物理学家
who publicly said physics is dead?
我不会把这项写在简历的"特殊技能"里
Well, I wouldn't put that under "Special skills."
我可以弥补
I can fix it,
我只需写一份违心的撤回声明即可
I just need to write a retraction I don't believe in--
基本就是出♥卖♥♥♥灵魂来保住饭碗
basically sell out to keep my job.
很好 那我不打扰你写稿子了
Great, I'll leave you to it.
谢尔顿 是我
Sheldon, it's me.
干嘛
What?
我知道你很生气 但我得写一份声明
Look, I know you're mad, but I have to write a statement
说物理学界即将迎来一个重大突破
that says the physics community is close to a breakthrough,
既然你是真的相信会这样
and since you actually believe that,
我非常需要你的帮助
I could really use your help.
抱歉 不行
Sorry, I can't.
拜托 别这样嘛
Come on, don't be like that.
不行是因为我觉得你是对的
I can't, because I think you were right.
什么
What?
听着
Look.
不是所有科学都能取得成功
Not all science pans out.
数十年来 我们都希望超对称性是真的
You know, we've been hoping supersymmetry was true for decades,
终于我们制♥造♥出大型强子对撞机
and finally, we built the Large Hadron Collider,
本应该通过发现新粒子来证实该理论
which is supposed to prove it by finding these new particles,
然而并没有
and it-it hasn't.
或许超对称性
And maybe supersymmetry,
我们最后的大想法 其实是错误的
our last big idea, is simply wrong.
听起来真惨
Well, that sounds awful.
我懂为什么大家都讨厌我了
Now I get why everyone hates me.
但从好的方面来看
Well, on the bright side,
一起共事15年后
after working together for 15 years,
你终于能听到我说"你当时说得对"
you finally get to hear me say, "You were right."
是啊
Oh, yeah, you did.
感觉如何
How's it feel?
基于我可能会失去工作
Mm, given I might be unemployed,
苦乐参半吧
bittersweet.
-读给我听听 -稍等
- Read it back to me. - Oh, hang on.
"的确 也许有人会质疑我们
"Yes, one might question the $20 billion
在建造运行大型强子对撞机上耗费的200亿
to build and run the Large Hadron Collider,
但在另一方面..."
but on the other hand..."
行吧
Okay.
"在另一方面 与预测相违背的是
"On the other hand, contrary to predictions,
对撞机没有如我们所预测般创造出
the collider didn't create a small black hole
足以毁灭整个地球与生命的小黑洞
that devoured the Earth and life as we know it.
所以...
So, s--
这钱花得好啊"
money well spent."
太丧了
This is depressing.
你这儿有酒吗
Do you have any alcohol around here?
佩妮搬出去的时候 不出所料地
Uh, not surprisingly, when Penny moved out,
带走了每一滴酒
she took every last drop. Um...
不过我这儿有几瓶从漫展上买♥♥回来的
Oh, but I do have several bottles of Romulan ale
罗慕伦麦酒
that I bought at Comic-Con.
不就只是伏特加里加了蓝色素吗
Isn't that just vodka with blue dye in it?
先是物理 现在又是罗慕伦麦酒
First, physics, now Romulan ale.
你还想往哪些东西头上拉泡屎呢
What else would you like to defecate on?
我还以为你很快会回来
I thought you were coming right back.
本来是 但是我们都很郁闷
I was, but we're both depressed,
所以决定一醉方休
and decided to drown our sorrows.
喝漱口水吗
In mouthwash?
让我想起了以前的夏令营时光
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表