还剩一个饺子 谁要吃
Uh, one dumpling left. Who wants it?
或许你该让给怀孕的那位女士
Maybe you should offer it to the pregnant lady.
那位女士是...
And that would be...
我啊 谢尔顿
Me, Sheldon.
我孕相多明显啊
I'm obviously pregnant.
因为你还没当面跟我说过
Well, you never said it to my face.
我上一次想当然地认为一名女士怀孕时
And the last time I assumed a woman was pregnant,
结果还挺糟糕的
it did not go over well.
是的 我还在生你气呢
Yeah, I'm still mad at you.
你这酒鬼当时居然在喝白开水
You were drinking water instead of wine.
我这么想能怪我吗
What was I supposed to think?
谢尔顿说得对
Sheldon's right.
我永远不会问一个女士是不是怀孕
I would never ask a woman if she was pregnant,
除非是她告诉我 或是我看到有人类
unless she tells me or I see a human being
从她下面被拉出来
wiggling out of her.
谢尔顿 我怀孕了
Well, Sheldon, I'm pregnant.
恭喜你啊 怀孕多久了
Congratulations. How far along are you?
大概三个月吧
About three months.
才三个月吗
Only three?
天啊 你肚子里是装的是几胞胎啊
Good gravy, how many babies are in there?
够啦 咱们来聊一些
Okay, let's talk about something
不会让我的孕妻暴怒的话题吧
that won't infuriate my pregnant wife.
我读了一个有关大象的有趣知识
I read an interesting fact about elephants.
再换一个
Try again.
我想到啦
Oh, I've got something.
这周五我要接受电台访谈啦
I'm being interviewed on public radio this Friday.
厉害 为什么呢
Oh, cool. How come?
大学希望物理系能获得
Uh, the university is trying to get more funding
更多研究资金
for the physics department,
所以就派我出马啊
so they want me to go out and talk it up.
真的吗 派你啊
Really? You?
那他们还真是请对人了
Well, they picked the right person for the job.
真是谢谢啊
Thank you.
我觉得他信了
I think he bought it.
欢迎收听《科学星期五》 我是艾拉·菲莱
Hi, I'm Ira Flatow, and this is Science Friday.
今天的嘉宾是物理学家莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德
Joining me today is my guest physicist, Dr. Leonard Hofstadter,
他要来跟我们聊他在加州理工
to talk about all of the exciting research
所做的那些激动人心的研究
they're doing at Cal Tech.
感谢贵节目给我这个机会...
Thank you for having me. Whoa...
还是没办法习惯在耳机里听到自己的声音
Could never get used to hearing myself in headphones.
我的声音听起来真是这样吗
Is that really how I sound?
是的 真是
It is. It is.
很高兴知道这点
That is good to know.
我跟他说过他的声音很惹人厌
I told him his voice was annoying.
他就是不听
He didn't want to listen.
喂
Hey.
难道你觉得不烦人吗
You're saying it's not?
就... 喂...
Just... hey.
所以打从五年前
So, it has been five years
希格斯玻色子被证实存在后
since the discovery of the Higgs boson--
您觉得下一个科学界大事是什么
what's the next big thing gonna be?
这很难说啊
Wow, that's hard to say.
有太多大事在发生了
There's so much going on.
我们一直在搜集大量的数据
We've been collecting tons of data
而这数据有可能颠覆我们对宇宙的理解
that could revolutionize the way we understand the universe.
比如说 有个粒子叫超对称性夸克
For instance, there's a particle called a squark,
它能证明超对称性
which could prove supersymmetry.
有意思 那你们找到了吗
That is interesting. Have you found it?
-什么 那个夸克吗 -对啊
- What, the squark? - Yes.
没 还没
No, no.
找到了就神作了
Wouldn't that be exciting?
但我们也在试着找出超电子
But we're also looking for the selectron,
胶微子与超中微子
the gluino and the neutralino.
基本没有切实的实验依据 很可能并不存在
-那找到那些了吗 -没有
- Well, and have you found that? - No.
插个有趣小故事
Another fun sidenote--
我我有个高中同学名叫特丽莎·胶微子
I went to high school with a girl named Theresa Gluino,
但要找到她并不需要花二十亿
but it didn't cost $2 billion to find her.
她总躲在体育馆后面抽着烟
She was smoking behind the gym.
那你们发现了什么
So, what have you found?
其实什么都没发现
Uh, nothing, actually.
他可以说这话吗
Should he be saying that?
应该不可以
Uh, probably not.
对啊 这可是公共电台
Yeah, this is public radio.
难道他不知道还有人在听广播节目吗
Doesn't he realize that dozens of people might hear him?
但我还是很有信心
But I remain confident.
我们有最好的仪器与最顶尖的科研人员
We've got the best equipment and the best minds
都在努力着呢
all working on it.
行 听起来又重回正轨了
Okay, sounds like he's back on track.
虽然有时候我会觉得...
Although, some days I'm, like, ugh...
我们花了钱啊
we've spent so much money.
怎么屁都没找到 我们是在干嘛啊
Why haven't we found anything? What are we doing?
哎妈
Oh, boy.
莱纳德在那里
There's Leonard.
估计他今天很不好过
I'll bet he's having a rough day.
我们尽量鼓励他吧
Let's just try to be supportive.
还支持他
Supportive?
他公开诋毁了我一生挚爱
He publicly maligned the love of my life,
物理女士
Lady Physics.
这挚爱最好别让你的未婚妻女士知道
You might not want to mention that to Lady Fiancee.
大家好
Hey, guys.
今天好吗
Hey, how's it going?
怎么 你有什么话想说吗
What? You got something to say?
我刚才已经说了啊
I think I just said it.
口不一
P-f-f.
呸
Pff!
我当时只是实话实说啊
Look, I-I was just speaking the truth.
我们是科学家 不应该用事实说话吗
We're scientists-- isn't that what we're supposed to do?
你懂个大西瓜的事实啊
Oh, what would you know about the truth?
你还觉得《星球大战I 魅影危机》很不错呢
You thought Phantom Menace was "Not half bad."
你怎么可以说出来
I told you that in confidence!
大家冷静 别吵架了
Okay, calm down. Everybody just cool it.
别拦着啊 要是我们运气好
No, let 'em go. If we get lucky,
说不定他们俩能有人吵哭呢
maybe one of them will start crying.
能不能不聊这个 像成年人一样地吃午饭
Uh, can we just drop this and have lunch like adults?
-行 -好吧
- Fine. - Very well.
-莱纳德 -怎么了
- Leonard? - What?
呸
Pff!
准备好去吃饭了吗
You ready for lunch?
马上就好
Oh, one second.
某人这里多了好多新的酷炫设备啊
Ooh, someone's got a lot of fancy new lab equipment.
对啊
I know.
大学给我的研究投了好多钱呢
The university has been throwing money at my study.
运气好的话
With any luck,
以后说不定能有脑疾病用我名字为名呢
there'll be a brain disease with my name on it.
十指交叉为你祈祷
Fingers crossed.
讽刺的是 如果你患上了福勒瘫
Which is ironic, because if you had Fowler's palsy,
你的双手将无法十指交叉
you wouldn't be able to cross your fingers.
我很意外谢尔顿居然不来这里
I'm surprised Sheldon's not up here playing
玩你的新玩具
with all your new toys.
其实我还没告诉他呢
Actually, I haven't told him about it.
我们这边获得的经费比物理那边多太多
We've been getting so much more funding than physics,
他对此略为敏感
he's been a little sensitive.
所以你就对他隐瞒了你的成功吗
So you're just gonna hide your success from him?
我知道不好
I know.
-我是不是太坏了 -不会啊
- Am I terrible? - No.
我也这么做
I do that, too.
不然他怎么会以为我的公♥司♥年会在博伊西
How he thought my company retreat was in Boise?
其实在塔希提岛
It was in Tahiti.
那我就松一口气了
That's such a relief.
我内心曾隐隐觉得这样对谢尔顿不公平
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表