谢尔顿和莱尔德的新邻居
如果一个光子打向有两个狭缝的平面
So if a photon is directed through a plane
如果有一个狭缝可以观测到
with two slits in it and either slit is observed,
那它没有同时通过两个狭缝
it will not go through both slits.
如果观测不到 那它会通过
If it's unobserved,it will.
但如果它是在离开平面后
However,if it's observed after it's left the plane
在击中目标物之前被观测到
But before it hits its target,
那它不会同时通过两个狭缝
it won't have gone through both slits.
没错 你想说什么
Agreed. what's your point?
没什么 我只是觉得这个主意放在T恤上不错
There's no point,I just think it's a good idea for a t-shirt.
-您好 -稍等
-excuse me. -hang on.
横1是"爱琴海"
One across is "aegean."
竖8是"纳巴科夫"(1899-1977 俄裔美国小说家)
Eight down is "nabokov."
横26"MCM"
26 across is "mcm."
竖14是...你手挡住了...
14 down is... move your finger...
是"门"(生物分类) 所以说横十四是"太子港"(海地首都)
"phylum" which makes 14 across "port-au-prince"
你看 "Papa Doc"(海地总统绰号)提示了 所以是"太子港"
See,"papa doc's capitol idea," that's "port-au-prince."
在海地
Haiti.
-需要帮忙吗 -是的
-can I help you? -yes.
这里是高智商精♥子库吗
Is this the high-iq sperm bank?
如果这还要问的话 那你可能不该来这
If you have to ask,maybe you shouldn't be here.
我看就是这儿了
I think this is the place.
-把表格填了 -谢谢
-fill these out. -thank you.
-马上就好 -不急
-we'll be right back. -take your time.
我正好把填字游戏做完
I'll just finish my crossword puzzle.
等等
Oh,wait.
里奥纳德 我觉得我做不到
Leonard,I don't think I can do this.
开什么玩笑 你都是"半职业选手"了
What,are you kidding? you're a semi-pro.
不是的 我们这是在犯基因欺诈罪
No. we are committing genetic fraud.
我们的精♥子并不能保证
There's no guarantee that our sperm
将来就能生出高智商的后代
is going to generate high-iqOffspring.
你想想 我姐姐和我的DNA结构相同
Think about that. I have a sister with the same basic dna mix
可她只是快餐店的女服务生
Who hostesses at fuddruckers.
谢尔顿 当初是你要来的
Sheldon,this was your idea.
这点补贴能让我们
A little extra money to get
在寓所里拥有分式T-1带宽
fractional t-1 bandwidth in the apartment.
我知道 我的确渴望更快的下♥载♥速♥度
I know,and I do yearn for faster downloads.
但那些可怜的女人们
But there's some poor woman
会把希望寄托在我精♥子上的
who's gonna pin her hopes on my sperm.
如果她最后发现那小不点连曲线下面积
What if she winds up with a toddler who doesn't know if he should use
该用积分还是微分算都不知道 她会怎么想
An integral or a differential to solve the area under a curve?
-我肯定她还是会爱他的 -我不会
-i'm sure she'll still love him. -i wouldn't.
你现在想怎么样
Well,what do you want to do?
我想走了
I want to leave.
该怎么跟她说呢
What's the protocol for leaving?
我不知道...我以前从来没在捐献精♥子时中途走人过
I don't know... I've never reneged on a proffer of sperm before.
我们就直接走吧
Let's try just walking out.
-再见 -再见 很高兴见到你
-bye. -bye. nice meeting you.
你还在为那个精♥子库的事生气吗
Are you still mad about the sperm bank?
没有
No.
你想不想听有关楼梯的有趣事情
You want to hear an interesting thing about stairs?
不太想
Not really.
如果有一格阶梯的高度存在哪怕两毫米的微小差距
If the height of a single step is off by as little as two millimeters,
-大多数人会被绊倒 -跟我无关
-most people will trip. -i don't care.
两毫...那不太可能吧
Two milli... that doesn't seem right.
不 是真的 我12岁时做过一系列试验
No,it's true,I did a series of experiments when I was 12
我爸爸还摔断了锁骨
My father broke his clavicle.
你就是因为这个被他们送去寄宿学校的?
Is that why they sent you to boarding school?
不是 是因为我那些关于激光的试验
No. that was a result of my work with lasers.
这是新邻居?
New neighbor?
很明显
Evidently.
比起上一个的水准真是有显著提高
Significant improvement over the old neighbor.
那个体重200磅有皮肤问题的异装癖者?
200-pound transvestite with a skin condition?
那是 没错
Yes,she is.
-你好 -你好
-oh,hi. -hi.
我们不想打搅你 我们就住你对面
We don't mean to interrupt. we live across the hall.
你们真好啊
Oh,that's nice.
我们不是住在一起 我是说...
We don't live together. I mean...
我们是住在一起
We live together,
不过是在分开的 异性恋的卧室里
But in separate,heterosexual bedrooms.
好的
Okay,well...
看来你们就是我的新邻居了 我叫潘妮
Guess I'm your new neighbor. penny.
-我是里奥纳德 他是谢尔顿 -你好
-leonard. sheldon. -hi.
那么...
Well...
欢迎成为我们的邻居
Welcome to the building.
谢谢你 我们可以什么时候喝喝咖啡
Thank you. maybe we can have coffee sometime.
很好啊
Great.
-那...再见 -再见
-well... bye. -bye.
我们要不要请她来吃午饭?
Should we have invited her for lunch?
不 我们要开始看太空堡垒卡拉狄加第二季
No.We're gonna start season two of battlestar galactica.
第二季的DVD我们已经看过了
We already watched the season two dvds.
但评论音轨还没看
Not with commentary.
我觉得我们应该做个好邻居
I think we should be good neighbors
请她作客 让她觉得亲切
And invite her over,make her feel welcome.
我们从没请过那个叫路易还是叫路易斯的过来
We never invited louie-slash-louise over.
那是我们的不对
And that was wrong of us.
我们得扩大下我们的朋友圈子
We need to widen our circle.
我的朋友圈子已经很大了
I have a very wide circle.
我的空间上有212个好友
I have 212 friends on myspace.
不错 可他们你一个也没见过
Yes,and you've never met one of them.
这正是其美妙之处
That's the beauty of it.
我要请她过来
I'm gonna invite her over.
我们可以好好吃一顿 然后...聊天
We'll have a nice meal and... chat.
聊天? 我们平时不聊天 至少下了网不聊
Chat? we don't chat. at least not offline.
这没什么难的
It's not difficult.
你只要听着她讲些什么
You just listen to what she says
然后你适当地回应她一些
And then you say something appropriate in response.
那最后要干什么?
To what end?
你好...又来了
Hi... again.
你好
Hi.
那个...
Anyway...
我们带了印度菜回来
We brought home indian food.
然后...
And...
我知道搬家可能会很累
I know that moving can be stressful,
并且我发现当我身心俱疲时
And I find that when I'm undergoing stress,
美食和伙伴能让我感觉很舒坦
That good food and company can have a comforting effect.
还有 咖喱本身有通便功效 我想我不必再说
Also,curry is a natural laxative,and I don't have to tell you
你知道 如果大肠通畅...
That,you know,a clean colon is just...
那又可以少一件操心事了
One less thing to worry about.
这方面我不在行 不过我相信如果是邀请别人吃午餐
I'm no expert,but I believe in the context of a luncheon invitation,
你最好不要说些肠运动的事
You might want to skip the reference to bowel movements.
你们是在邀请我过去吃饭?
You're inviting me over to eat?
是的
Yes.
你们真好 我很乐意
Oh,that's so nice. I'd love to.
太好了
Great.
你们平时都玩些什么
So,what do you guys do for fun around here?
今天我们尝试过靠自♥慰来挣钱
Today we tried masturbating for money.
好了 就当在自己家一样
Okay,make yourself at home.
谢谢
Thank you.
不用谢
You're very welcome.
这些东西看上去真深奥啊
This looks like some serious stuff.
-里奥纳德 这是你写的? -不 这是我的
-leonard,did you do this? -actually,that's my work.
不错 只是一些量子力学而已
Yeah. well,it's just some quantum mechanics