For years, this family owned the paper. The Dorians?
他们当时只雇白人员工
They had a whites-only staff policy.
他们卖♥♥掉报社后 吉米成为了第一名黑人记者
After they sold it, Jimmy became the first black reporter.
他一路干到编辑
He didn't stop until he became editor.
他教会了我一切
He taught me everything.
你弟弟呢
Where's your brother?
不在这里
Not here.
好吧
All right. So,
那你为什么来
what brings you here?
我想找到三名被害人之间的联♥系♥
Trying to find the connection between the three victims.
对了 你问过你妈妈
By the way, did you talk to your mom about
托德为什么说他不会种族歧视了吗
what Todd said about not being racist?
我问了
I did.
她不想谈
She didn't wanna talk about it.
好吧
Right.
你刚刚为什么问我弟弟在哪
So just then, why'd you ask where my brother was?
没事 不重要
Nothing. Not important.
是因为他不在 就只剩你和我了吗
Could it be, because without him here it's you and me,
不像我们三个人都在时 更自在些
not you, me and Sam which would be easier?
才没有更自在些
It's not easier.
-听着 -不 算了
- Look, I-- - No. Forget it.
没事
It's fine.
我们就只谈公事
We'll keep it strictly business.
我忘了你会那样
I forgot you do that.
哪样
Do what?
就是每当我们...
Whenever we get--
怎么说的来着 "亲近"起来
What's the word, "close"?
一旦靠近了情感脆弱区
Anywhere in the neighborhood of emotional vulnerability,
你就会退缩
you back off.
或开玩笑
Or make some joke.
或想尽办法对我关闭心门
Or find any way to shut the door on me.
真好笑
Oh, that's hilarious.
我可不是最后把门
See, I'm not the one who took that big final door
-狠狠关上的那个 -等等
- and slamed it behind me. - Wait a minute.
我也不是连钥匙都带走埋了起来的那个
And I'm not the one who took the key and buried it.
这个隐喻有完没有
Are we done with this metaphor?
我只是说 我当时可对你说了实话
All I'm saying is I was totally up-front with you back then,
你却因此责怪了我
and you nailed me with it.
跟我约会的男人
The guy I'm with,
我本希望能与他有未来的男人
the guy I'm hoping might be in my future...
告诉我他是职业抓鬼人
tells me he professionally pops ghosts.
我可不是那么说的
Those aren't the words I used.
而且他得离开
And that he has to leave
-去跟他父亲一起工作 -的确是的
- to go work with his father. - I did.
我当时只觉得 你想退出 行啊
All I could think was if you want out, fine,
但别找这么离谱的借口
but don't tell me this insane story.
那是事实 卡茜
It was the truth, Cassie.
而且我发现你意识到
And I notice it didn't sound so insane
我或许能帮忙时 就不觉得那是疯话了
the minute you thought I could help you.
当时我以为你只是想甩了我
Back then, I thought you just wanted to dump me.
咱们可别忘了是谁甩了谁
Let's not forget who dumped who, okay?
我以为你就希望那样
I thought it's what you wanted.
并不是的
Well, it wasn't.
我没想伤害你的
I didn't mean to hurt you.
可你是伤了
Well, you did.
-对不起 -我也是
- I'm sorry. - Yeah, me too.
我们该更经常吵架
We should fight more often.
是啊
Absolutely.
其实 我们一向擅长吵架
Actually, we were always pretty good at fighting.
这个我们也擅长
This we were good at.
是其他的东西我们不太擅长
It's all the other stuff, not so much.
我可尽力了
I tried.
我告诉你我的真实身份了
I mean, I told you who I really was.
那对我是重大的第一次呢
That was a big first for me.
你为什么告诉我
Why'd you tell me?
我不知道
I don't know.
我...
I....
我大概就是无法对你撒谎吧
I guess I couldn't lie to you.
迪恩
Dean.
你跟我说那个故事时
You told me that story...
吓坏我了
it scared the hell out of me.
我以为你疯了
I thought you were nuts.
甚至很危险
Dangerous even.
其实
Actually...
或许我
maybe I was
就是想找个抽身的理由
looking for a reason to walk away.
我在工作中
In my work...
见过不少恐怖的东西
I see some horrible things.
无法解释的东西
Things that can't be explained.
我会去面对
I deal with them.
但想办法跟你相处
But working things out with you?
我是很可怕
I'm a scary one, all right.
一般来说 想好好相处
Well, usually things get worked out...
需要有这个意愿
when you really want them to.
是啊 但我还在忙于我爸爸的工作
Yeah, but I'm still really involved with my dad's work.
别再找借口了 好吗
No more excuses, okay?
你和我都是
From you or me.
好
Okay.
怎么了
Yeah?
你开玩笑吧
You're kidding.
他跟我一起的
He's with me.
你昨晚去哪了
Where were you last night?
-你没回汽车旅馆 -嗯
- You didn't make it back to the motel. - Well....
看来你俩是解决矛盾了
I'm guessing you guys worked things out?
我们到了90岁估计还没解决完呢
We'll be working things out when we're 90.
发生了什么
So, what happened?
骨头全碾碎了
Every bone crushed.
内脏器官都成浆糊了
Internal organs turned to pudding.
警方束手无策
The cops are stumped.
但他看上去就像被什么东西碾了
But it's almost like something ran him over.
-比如卡车吗 -嗯
- Something like a truck? - Yep.
有车辙吗
Tracks?
没有
Nope.
镇长来这里干什么啊
What was the mayor doing here, anyway?
这块地是他的
He owned the property.
几周前买♥♥下的
Bought it a few weeks ago.
但他是白人 这不符合规律
But he's white, doesn't fit the pattern.
也不是死在路上
Killings didn't happen up on the road.
这点也不符合
That doesn't fit, either.
给
Here.
谢谢
Thanks.
我想找到60年代那一系列杀戮
So, I'm trying to find some link between those killings
和如今的事之间的联♥系♥
back in the '60s and what's going on now.
报纸上的报道可不多
There wasn't a lot about it in the paper.
并不意外 警方八成也没怎么调查
Not surprising. Probably minimal police work too.
在当时 法律面前人人平等
Back then, equal justice under the law
在这里并不太被当真
wasn't too literal around here.
-喂 -根据法♥院♥记录
- Yeah? - Okay. The court house records
镇长先生和太太买♥♥下了一处废弃地♥产♥
show that Mr. and Mrs. Mayor bought an abandoned property.
此前 这片地属于多里安家族
The previous owner was the Dorian family
传承了150年
for, like, 150 years.
-多里安 -对
- Dorian? - Yeah.
你不是说多里安家族以前是报社老板吗
Didn't you say the Dorian family used to own this paper?
这里几乎什么都是他们家族的
Along with most everything else around here.
可是小镇中流砥柱呢
Real pillars of the town.
好
Right, right.
有意思
That's interesting.
-怎么了 -塞勒斯·多里安
- What? - This Cyrus Dorian.
他于63年4月失踪
He vanished in April of '63.
案子经过调查 成了悬案
The case was investigated, but never solved.
那正好是
剧集 | 邪恶力量 | 导航列表