我没说服凯特·萨特
Oh. Well, my meeting with Kate Sutter was a bust.
客户名单没戏了
She's not giving up their client list.
她丈夫也拒绝讨论对他有敌意的人
Her husband refused to discuss his enemies,
因为那就表示他被人设计了
as that would entertain the notion that he was being set up.
所以我只能跟贝尔警探要些文件
So I began to catalogue them myself,
自己给这些人归类
using some files I got from Detective Bell.
作为一家成功的风险管理公♥司♥的老板
As the head of a successful risk management firm,
萨特对付过众多的
Sutter's put away a long list of
跟踪狂 施虐的丈夫
stalkers, abusive husbands,
和有强迫症的危险分子
and dangerous obsessives.
看样子幕后凶手"争夺战"颇为激烈啊
Well, it looks like a pretty competitive field.
最要命的是他把自己的复仇壮志
On top of that, he shared his obsession
和全世界分享了
with his sister's killer with the world,
知道要如何引他入瓮的人
so there's no shortage of people
实在太多了
who know about his Achilles' heel.
你没事吧
Are you all right?
没事 坐久了
Yeah, I'm just a bit stiff.
有点麻
Been sitting for too long.
我只是...
I'm just...
见谅
Forgive me.
这几天发生的事太多 需要发泄
The last few days have just-just, uh, taken their toll.
就快...
To be so...
快接近了 我找了...太久了
so close some answers which I've sought for... so long.
绝不能一无所获
I cannot come up empty-handed.
你去吃点东西好吗
Why don't you go get something to eat?
我来收拾
I will clean up.
这件案子对你来说很不容易吧
I was just thinking how difficult this case is for you.
莫里亚蒂把你伤得那么重
I know how badly Moriarty hurt you,
我很想也很希望
and I was just thinking, I wish
能帮你分担
that I could fix it for you.
谢谢你这么关心我 华生
I appreciate the sentiment, Watson,
但恐怕这件事你可能分担不了
but I fear that your goal may be unobtainable.
那达伦·萨特呢
What about Daren Sutter?
我是说 他跟你很像
I mean, he's a lot like you.
除了一点 他报了仇
Except he got what he wanted.
安了心
He's at peace now.
我们一直想找出
We've been trying to identify people
要搞垮他的人
who wanted to tear Sutter down,
但也许诱导他杀华♥莱♥士♥·鲁尔克的人
but what if he was tricked into killing Wallace Rourke
真正的意图是给他解脱呢
by someone who wanted to lift him up?
如果你们要问达伦的事
If this is about Daren,
没有他的律师在场
I don't feel comfortable answering questions
我不太愿意回答
without his attorney.
事实上 我们此行是为你而来
Well, actually, Mrs. Sutter, this is about you.
你能不能告诉我们
We were hoping that you might be able to confirm
你和你丈夫相遇的确切时间
exactly when you met your husband.
我跟华生女士说过 是在1991年
Well, as I told Ms. Watson, it was in 1991,
他姐姐的烛光守夜会上
at a vigil for his sister Leah.
那就是说在她死后了
So that would be after her death?
显然如此
Obviously.
你跟达伦在一起那么久
Well, being with Daren as long as you have,
我想你比任何人都清楚莉亚的案子
I'd assume you know as much about her case as anyone.
你肯定知道事发当晚
So surely you know that partial fingerprints
警方在她家前门上查到了部分指纹
were found on her front door that night.
但一直没有被鉴定出来
They were never identified,
警方认为指纹可能属于
but police thought there was a chance
杀害莉亚的凶手
they belonged to the killer.
但事实并非如此
But they didn't, did they?
那些指纹是你的
They belonged to you.
因为那晚踏进门的人不是你丈夫
'Cause you were the one who came through the door that night;
而是你
not your husband.
你昨天碰了华生女士的电♥话♥
You handled Ms. Watson's phone yesterday.
我们把你在上面留下的指纹
We were able to pull your prints and compare them
与莉亚家里的做了对比
to the ones from Leah's house.
是一致的
They matched.
你说谎了
That means you lied to me.
在莉亚死前 你就认识达伦了
You did know Daren before Leah died.
我们查过公共档案
We checked public records.
你当时已经嫁了人
You were married to another man at this time.
-你跟萨特先生正在婚外情 -好吧
- You and Mr. Sutter were having an affair. - Okay.
我们在莉亚生前就在一起 那又如何
So Daren and I were together before Leah died-- so what?
所以
So...
现在我们知道为什么
now we know why he was so certain
他这么肯定自己没有杀错人
he killed the right man all those months ago.
因为是你告诉他 那个人就是凶手
'Cause you told him it was the right man.
他从没见过凶手的脸 是你见过
He never saw the killer's face; you did.
但如果你们说出实情 就会暴露婚外情
But you couldn't admit that without revealing your affair.
所以 达伦成为了对外宣称的目击者
And, so, Daren became the official witness,
依靠你看见的所有细节 因为你才是
relaying all the details you saw, as if you were the one
那晚见到凶手的人
who that came in the door that night.
问题解决了
Problem solved.
可是警方没找到那个
Till the police couldn't find the man
你对达伦描述的男人
you described to Daren.
这对达伦来说难以接受
That was hard on Daren.
对你也是
And you.
22年之后 你偶然发现
22 years later, you came across a man
一个你觉得可以冒充
who you thought would pass for an older version
画像中人的男人
of the man in this sketch.
那人就是华♥莱♥士♥·鲁尔克
And that was Wallace Rourke.
而让你丈夫未得安宁的内心平静下来的
And the only way you could give your husband the peace
唯一方式 就是坚称华♥莱♥士♥·鲁尔克
that he'd never had was to insist that Wallace Rourke
就是那晚你见过的男人
was the man that you saw that night.
他确实是那晚我见过的男人
He was the man I saw that night.
鲁尔克杀了莉亚
Rourke killed Leah.
事实上 他没有
As a matter of fact, he didn't.
我们刚刚得到确认
We were just able to confirm, a little while ago,
案发时 他根本不在国内
he wasn't even in the country at the time of the murder.
那晚你看见的是别人
You saw someone else that night.
好了 听着
Now listen,
你丈夫迟早会知道这件事
your husband is gonna find out about this sooner or later.
不如你坦白从宽
Why don't you do yourself a favor,
告诉我们整个来龙去脉
and tell us the whole story.
我也爱莉亚
I loved Leah, too.
但她不是我的姐姐
But she wasn't my sister.
而是达伦的
She was Daren's.
那晚发生的事 彻底改变了他
What happened that night, it... it changed him.
我没有因此而少爱他
I didn't love him any less.
相反 我更加爱他
If anything, I loved him more.
专注于我们的工作
Doing what we do here
把生意做好 对他有帮助
and doing it well, that helped him.
他开始慢慢恢复
He started to get better.
但后来 在莉亚忌日
But then... when we came up
二十周年快到的时候
on the 20th anniversary of Leah's death...
他又开始消沉下去了
he started to slip away again.
我们用尽了一切办法
We tried everything:
各种疗法和抗抑郁药
all kinds of therapy, antidepressants...
全都没效果
none of it helped.
几个月前
And a few months ago,
我回到家 看见他拿着一把枪
I came home... and I found him with a gun.
他甚至连给我的遗书都写好了
He had already written me a note saying good-bye.
我把他劝住了 但我知道
I talked him down, but I knew
他早晚都会再次自杀
it was just going to be a matter of time before he tried again.
我必须做点什么
I had to do something.
他长得和画像很像 可以骗过达伦
He looked enough like the sketch to fool Daren.
再加上你一口咬定就是他
That combined with your insistence
所以一切天衣无缝
that it was the same man was all it took.
只有这样才能拯救达伦
This was the only way to save Daren.
不 72小时内心理干预才能帮助他
No, that's what 72-hour psych holds are for.
对于危机事件的心理干预 最佳时间在事件发生后24到72小时
鲁尔克是无辜的
Rourke was an innocent man.
我不想置鲁尔克先生于死地
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表