这是个算法 华生
It's an algorithm, Watson.
这是对加密玛尔博吉的翻译
This is a translation of the coded Malbolge,
我在伦敦的熟人发来的
sent by my contact in London.
这解释了第一队小偷是怎么
This is how the first team
进入利维坦的
of thieves got into The Leviathan.
金库的软件设计为每两分钟
The vault's software is designed to spit out
就蹦出十个随机数字
ten random digits every two minutes.
这个设计让人无法预测
This makes it impossible to predict
任意时刻的进入密♥码♥
the access code at any given moment.
原计划的亮点在于这个算法
The genius of the original plan is this algorithm.
他们黑进这款软件 加入一个方程式
They hacked the software, fed the equation into it.
让它每两分钟就蹦出
It spits out escalating multiples
π的递增倍数
of the number pi every two minutes.
π是无穷尽的
Pi is infinite,
所以如果你选取十个数字作为样本
so if you take a ten-digit sample,
数字会显示出随机性
the numbers still appear random.
但如果你知道这个算法
But if you know the algorithm,
你就能预测密♥码♥
you can predict the code.
没错 即使你离开了 软件看上去
Yes. Even after you leave, it still looks like
依然在正常工作
the software is functioning perfectly, hmm?
贾斯丁·格思里一定翻译了玛尔博吉
Justin Guthrie must have translated the Malbolge,
意识到他掌握了攻破利维坦的要点
realized that he had the key for cracking The Leviathan.
任何利维坦
Well, any Leviathan.
所以陪审团有人策划了四千万美金的抢劫
So, a guy on the jury planned a $40-million heist?
很明显 他能帮上忙
Well, he had help, obviously.
他也的确这么做了
But that's exactly what he did.
当你排除了不可能
When you've eliminated the impossible,
-华生 不管留下的是 -你说过了
- Watson, whatever remains... - Yeah, you said that already.
警官 我们要进入这栋建筑
Officer, we need to get into the building.
抱歉 伙计 没人能进
Sorry, pal, no can do.
调查进行中
This is an active investigation.
我知道 我是纽约警局的顾问
Yes. I'm a consultant with the NYPD,
我要跟这楼里的一位房♥客谈谈
and I need to speak to one of the tenants.
他的名字是贾斯丁·格思里
His name is Justin Guthrie.
你说格思里
You said Guthrie?
似的 要我拼给你吗 G
Yes. Shall I spell it for you? G...
不 考虑到我们正是为他而来
No, but considering he's the one we're here for,
你可能应该找位警探谈谈
you might want to talk to one of the detectives.
格思里先生刚刚从窗户跳下去
Mr. Guthrie jumped out the window
从窗口跳楼身亡了
of his apartment a little while ago.
管辖区的警探说这是自杀
So the precinct detective says this is a suicide,
但你却说是他偷了那价值四千万的钻石
but you think that he stole $40 million in diamonds
而且因此被害
and then got killed behind it?
有什么根据
So what's the story?
显然 这里发生过厮打
Obviously, a violent altercation took place.
有血迹为证
Blood evidence.
我和华生小姐发现的
Myself and Miss Watson found it
然后做了仔细的检查
and examined it closely.
血液飞溅的形态表明这是猛击所致的
Spatter pattern indicates it's a high forced event.
他的意思是有人被打中鼻子后留下的
He's saying the blood came from someone who was hit in the nose.
好吧 这值得调查
Okay. It's worth looking into.
但我还不明白这和盗窃案有何联♥系♥
I still don't see the connection to that robbery.
你过来的时候 我正好在思考这个问题
I was just thinking about that when you arrived.
答案当然就在那些花瓶里
The answer, of course, lies in those vases.
这两个花瓶里都有三层装饰石
These two has three layers of decorative rock,
每层颜色不同
each one a different color.
这个只有两层
This one has two layers,
但从玻璃上的矿物残留可以看出
but the mineral residue on the glass indicates
它直到最近都是满的
that it was full till very recently.
斯瓦巴特交易所失窃的宝石里
Many of the stones stolen
很多都是未切割的粗钻石
from the Svalbard Exchange were uncut diamonds.
看上去正好和装饰石非常相似
They happen to look exactly like decorative rocks.
如果你刚偷了一些粗钻石
Now, if you'd just stolen some,
这个花瓶就是窝藏赃物的最佳地点
this vase would be an ideal hiding place.
我猜刚刚抢了
I'm guessing that whichever co-conspirator
格思里那份钻石的同伙
just relieved Mr. Guthrie of his share
也是这么想
of the diamonds thought the same thing.
不过 他实在太过匆忙
He was, however, in a hurry.
以至于不小心遗漏了一颗
He might have missed one.
你是说那是一颗...
You're telling us that's a...?
未切割的粗钻石
Uncut diamond.
多去叫些警探过来
Let's get some more detectives down here.
我要对整间公♥寓♥全面搜查
I want to start a full-scale canvass.
看来我们面对的是一起谋杀案
Looks like we have a murder on our hands.
快6点了
Look, it's almost 6:00.
我们得准备一下
We have to start getting ready.
对了 和你的家人共进晚餐
Oh, right. Dinner with your family.
就像你说的 我们调查的是谋杀案
Well, as you said, this is now a murder investigation.
要是我去不了 我想你能谅解
You'll understand if I can't make it.
当然
Absolutely.
我永远不可能
And I would never have been able
证明你是杀人凶手
to prove that you were a murderer.
乔恩 你来啦 太好了
Joan, you're here. Excellent.
我正和你的家人聊我的工作
I was just telling your family about my work.
你们好
Hi there.
这位美丽的小姐是加布里埃尔
This lovely young lady is Gabrielle.
她是你兄弟的女友
She's your brother's girlfriend;
我想不久就会成为未婚妻
soon, I expect, fiancée.
很高兴终于和你见面了
It's so nice to finally meet you.
见到你也很高兴
It's so nice to meet you.
奥伦一直提起你
Oren talks about you all the time.
你不是说要调查谋杀案吗
What happened to "This is a murder investigation"?
实际上 现在暂时没事
In a bit of a lull right now, actually.
我们正在等血迹的DNA测试结果
We're awaiting the results of the DNA tests on the blood.
正好抽空和你的家人聚聚
And I saw a chance to spend some time with your family,
所以我就来了
and I took it.
乔恩 你协助证明佳能·艾博索投资总监的秘书
Joan, is it true you helped prove the CIO of Canon Ebersole
是杀害了五个人的凶手 是真的吗
had a secretary who killed five people?
谈不上 我只是帮了点小忙
Uh, not really. I just helped out a little.
那次多亏了她才能顺利破案
She was instrumental in solving that case.
她还不辞辛苦地救我一命
She also went to the trouble of saving my life.
简直就是独当一面 大有前途的侦探
Quite a promising detective in her own right.
我可不是侦探
I'm not a detective.
我只是凑个热闹罢了
I just, I'm along for the ride for a while.
你太谦虚了
You're being modest.
她帮我破的案子不止那一起
That's not the only case she's helped me solve.
很难想象她的工作什么样的 是吧
Hard to picture what she does, isn't it?
"康戒陪护"
"Sober companion."
我第一次听到这个词的时候
When I first heard that term,
我还是个瘾君子 对此一无所知
I couldn't imagine what it entailed, and I'm an addict.
您的女儿从事着一项非常独特的专业工作
She practices quite a unique specialty, your daughter.
她帮助别人重获新生
She rebuilds lives from the ground up.
帮助别人重拾工作就是她的成功
You can measure her success in careers restored.
对于我 就是罪犯绳之于法 生命得以挽救
In my case, criminals caught and in lives saved.
挺有意思的
Interesting.
从没这么想过
Never thought of it like that.
你当然没有
Of course you haven't.
你培养了一个谦虚的女儿
You've raised a modest daughter.
她从来不会说这些事
She would never say such a thing.
我们能点菜了吗
Shall we order?
听说这的兔肉很不错
I hear the rabbit is a-ma-zing.
我知道你对此不以为然
I know you're gonna blow this off,
但我还是要说 谢谢
but I'm gonna say it anyway: thank you.
我从没能让家人理解我的工作
I've never been able to make my family understand what I do.
我的话其实没什么用
Yes, well, I meant very little of what I said.
"不以为然"开始了
There's the blowing-off part.
我了解我的听众
I know my audience.
我只是说了他们想听的话
I simply told them what they wanted to hear.
你的家人都是好人
They're nice people, your family,
但他们的传统根深蒂固
but they are, at their core, conventional.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表