formal in the way they dress.
那些是顾客
Those are costumes.
我讨厌银行家
I loathe bankers.
他们在商场上孤注一掷
They rigged the roulette wheel of commerce,
让全球经济处在崩溃边缘
very nearly destroyed the world economy,
而他们还觉得穿着西装
and they still think if they wear suits
能让他们显得高贵典雅
they'll be treated like respectable folk
掩盖骗子的本质
instead of the crooks that they are.
我叫吉姆·福克斯
My name is Jim Fowkes.
首席投资官
I'm the chief investment officer.
这位是丹尼尔·周 我们的首席财务官
This is Daniel Cho, our chief financial officer,
也是内部董事会成员
another in-house board member...
行吧 你们都是首席
Yep, you're all chief of something.
你想要我♥干♥嘛
What do you want?
这是我们的首席运营官 彼得·塔伯特
This is our COO, Peter Talbott.
每个季度他都会召集我们的机构投资人
Every quarter, he fields a conference call with
召开一场会议
our institutional investors.
这些人控制着大量的退休金
These people control huge pension funds.
就这方面来说 彼得是公♥司♥的代言人
As far as they're concerned, Peter's the voice of the company.
这季的会议本应昨天就发出召请的
This quarter's call was supposed to happen yesterday.
现在我们不得不重排时间了
We had to reschedule,
因为彼得不见了
because Peter didn't show up.
没人知道他在哪
Nobody has any idea where he is.
而如果不尽早回来召开会议
And if you don't get this call back on the books soon,
人们就会开始私下议论
people will start to whisper.
等到人们开始议论时 福尔摩斯先生
When these people whisper, Mr. Holmes,
数以百万计的资金可就没了
millions of dollars disappear.
跟我们谈过话的那位
The gentleman we spoke to,
格雷森警监
a, uh, Captain Gregson,
他说除非彼得失踪满两天
he said that the NYPD couldn't get involved
否则纽约警局是不会介入的
until Peter had been missing for two days.
他还说
He also said that
你是他所认识的最好的侦探
you were the finest investigator he'd ever known.
我们希望能雇用你以及你的 伙伴
We'd like to hire you and your, uh... associate.
是保镖
Bodyguard.
算你运气好 福克斯先生
Luckily for you, Mr. Fowkes,
我的时间表上有空档
I have a hole in my schedule.
当然了 算上我平常的私人顾问费用
My usual private consulting rates will apply, of course,
再乘以十二 您看如何
multiplied by a factor of 12, shall we say?
如果您在考虑我是否值这个价
You're wondering if I'm worth it.
如果您愿意的话 我可以示范一下
I could provide a demonstration, if you'd like.
比如说 我相当确定
I'm fairly sure, for example,
这两个人有一腿
that these two are sleeping with each other.
你们应该注意一下自己的肢体语言
You really should be more careful of your body language.
还有你 出于某种原因 刚把手上的
And you, for some reason, have recently used a solvent
指甲油用溶剂给清洗掉了
to remove fingernail polish from your hands.
给你付平常费用的十二倍好了
12 times your usual rate will be just fine.
我需要能进入彼得·塔伯特的办公室
I will need access to Peter Talbott's office,
和使用他的电脑的权限
his computer.
我的秘书很乐意马上带你们过去
My secretary will be happy to take you down there right now.
可爱的小俩口
Cute couple.
这里的每个人都把彼得和阿丽莎
Everyone here calls Peter and Alyssa
叫做泰勒和伯顿
"Taylor and Burton."
以电影明星的名字命名
You know, after the movie stars.
有意思
Fascinating.
如果需要我的话 我就在外面
I'll be outside if you need me.
我从没见过你像在会议室那时
I don't think I've ever seen you so happy,
那么开心
back in the conference room.
玩弄这群星球的主人
Mastering the masters of the universe.
其实我有点失望
Bit of a letdown, actually.
我本可以要平常费用的二十倍的
I think I could've got 20 times my normal rate.
你平常费用是多少
What is your normal rate?
我平时不收钱
Oh, I don't have one.
走之前提醒我随便编一个
Remind me to make one up before I leave.
果不其然
Typical.
每个想被人看作知识渊博的自命不凡之人
Every stuffed shirt who wants to pass for erudite
都有成堆的没读过的书
has shelves full of unread books.
没有一本书的书脊上有裂痕
None of the spines on these have ever been cracked.
除了
Except...
这一本
this one.
很显然塔伯特先生总是翻阅此书
Which apparently Mr. Talbott consults all the time.
约翰·梅纳德·凯恩斯:英国经济学家
我从来都不是凯恩斯的粉丝
I've never been a fan of John Maynard Keynes,
不过或许我会对这个感兴趣
but this I could sink my teeth into.
我不明白 这是什么
I don't understand. What is that?
这是邮购目录
It's a menu.
这里面的每一个女孩都可以出钱买♥♥到
Each of these girls is available for a price.
看见底下的这个环形记号♥了吗
See the ring symbols at the bottom?
环越多 妓♥女♥就越贵
The more rings, the more expensive the prostitute.
你不会是经验之谈吧
So you're speaking from experience?
这只是推理
It's just a deduction.
虽然我也有公费账户
Though I am on an expense account.
几乎每一页都有折角
Almost all these pages are turned down.
价格较高的女孩是他的最爱
The more pricey girls were his favorites.
但你总不能告诉国税局
But you can't just tell the IRS
你每年在妓♥女♥身上花掉六位数的钱吧
you spend six figures a year on slappers.
不 你需要掩盖这些开销 所以呢
No, you need to hide the expense. So...
让我们来看看 日历 通讯簿
Let's see... calendar, contacts...
找到了 你看
Yeah. You see?
塔伯特有两位会计的联络方式
Talbott has contact addresses for two separate accountants.
这个Ddb的缩写
This one is for a rep for DDB.
Ddb: 道尔·戴恩·伯恩巴克,该公♥司♥创始人
那是五大公♥司♥之一 没什么不良记录
That's a big five firm, nothing untoward there.
可能掌管着家庭账目
Probably handled the family books.
不过这个
But this one...
是一个叫马丁·李戴尔的独♥立♥会计师
is an independent accountant by the name of Martin Rydell.
他掌管着名为个人行政账户的东西
Handled something Peter calls his "Executive Private Account""
不好意思
Excuse me!
秘书小姐
Secretary?
福克斯说你叫什么
What did Fowkes say your name was?
他没说 我叫唐娜
He didn't. It's Donna.
我们走之前能不能帮我们打电♥话♥
Well, before we leave, Donna, would you mind calling us in
在维拉·帕克里预定个三人桌
a reservation for three at Villa Pacri?
我们的着装不适合去维拉·帕克里
We're not dressed for Villa Pacri.
我们的着装也不适合来佳能-艾博索
We're not dressed for Canon-Ebersole, either.
当我要请马丁·李戴尔共进午餐的时候
When I invite Martin Rydell to lunch,
如果我说要去这城市其中一家
it'll help if I drop the name of one of
最贵的餐厅会更容易请到他
the most expensive restaurants in the city.
所以你厌恶佳能-艾博索和它所代表的一切
So you loathe Canon-Ebersole and everything they stand for.
但是你爱花他们的钱
But you love to spend their money.
你不觉得这自相矛盾吗
You don't see any inconsistency there?
我在尽我所能重新分配他们的财富
I'm redistributing as many of their assets as I can.
如果我要跟作弊游戏的庄荷睡上一觉的话
If I'm going to get in bed with the croupiers of a rigged game,
我一定会确保
I'm going to make damn sure
到了早上他们的钱包会变得轻一些
their wallets are lighter in the morning.
先生
Sir?
那是什么
And that is for?
这是他们这里最贵的酒
It's the most expensive bottle they've got.
我不管它有多贵 你又不喝它
I don't care if it comes in a box, you're not drinking it.
这不是给我的 看见那边的小俩口了吗
It's not for me. You see that couple over there?
你去卫生间的时候我观察了他们
I observed them while you were in the bathroom.
男方的西装因为干洗而有所磨损
The man's suit is frayed from dry cleaning.
我打赌这是他唯一的一件西装
I'd wager it's the only one he's got.
所以说这件是他为特殊时刻保留的
Therefore, he saved to come here for a special occasion.
还有 他不停的摸西装内袋
Also, he keeps touching the inside pocket of his suit coat,
像是他在确认一样值钱的物品
like he's checking to see that something valuable
是否还在里面
is still there.
他要求婚
He's about to propose.
我要把这瓶酒送给他们以表祝贺
And I'm going to send this wine over as congratulations.
或者哀悼
Or condolences.
这很好 谢谢你
It's lovely, thank you.
福尔摩斯先生
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表