如果他被杀了或被关进监狱
someone who would put forth his materials
那个人会把他的素材公诸于世
in the event of his untimely death or incarceration.
他的同伙 对
The fail-safe, yeah.
这我知道
Yeah, I know.
他来找我的时候把这些都告诉我了
He told me all about him when he came to see me.
他说如果我去报♥警♥
He said if I went to the police
告诉警♥察♥他勒索我
and I told them he was blackmailing me,
他的同伙就会把录像泄露出去
his partner would release the tapes.
勒索你
Blackmailing you?
我没有把录像带给他
I didn't give him the tapes.
我把它们放在一个存储间里
I had them in a storage unit.
被捕之后 我没法再去交租金
When I got arrested, I couldn't keep up with the payments.
那些东西就被拍卖♥♥了
The contents went into auction.
米尔弗顿出了最高价
Milverton put in the highest bid.
他说他一直在买♥♥旧存储间
Said he bought old units all the time.
这样搞到了很多秘密
Got a lot of dirt that way.
你马上要进行保释听证会了 对不对
Let me guess-- you have a parole hearing coming up?
抱歉 我帮不了你
I'm sorry, but I can't help you.
我和那些人不是一伙的
I'm not in on it with these guys.
我只是个受害者
I'm just another victim.
加维的话你怎么看
So, what's the verdict on Garvey?
作为一个强♥奸♥犯来说
Well, as far as rapists go,
他还算是个诚实的人
it would appear he's an honest one.
米尔弗顿第一次去监狱看他之后
After Milverton's initial visit to him in prison,
他发了
he sent...
一连串邮件给他的父母
he sent a series of e-mails to his parents,
向他们借钱
begging for loans.
那些邮件的日期
The dates of those e-mails correspond
和米尔弗顿账本的进账日期吻合
to payments made in Milverton's ledger.
所以加维遭到米尔弗顿勒索 并付了钱
So Milverton was blackmailing Garvey and Garvey was paying.
但我们还是得在听证会之前
But we're still gonna tell the police
告诉警♥察♥那些录像带的事儿 对吧
about the videos before his parole hearing, right?
我们会在恰当的时间跟三个女孩的家长
We will discuss the matter with the three girls' parents
讨论这件事
at the appropriate time.
这事应由他们决定
The decision should and will be theirs.
与此同时 我们会继续
In the meantime, we will stay the course
调查米尔弗顿同谋的身份
and attempt to identify Milverton's accessory.
在他得知米尔弗顿已经死了之前
Before he find out that Milverton is dead.
明白了
Got it.
我在他的账本里有所发现
I found something in his ledger.
他定期向一个代号♥为
He makes regular outgoing payments to someone
"亨利八世"的人付钱
with the code name "HENRY8"
你认为那是他的同伙
You think that's the accomplice?
给他的钱一直是米尔弗顿
The payments are consistently ten percent
所有进账的十分之一
of whatever Milverton has coming in.
看上去是给勒索犯同伙
Seems like a reasonable rate
合理的分赃比例
for a blackmailer's assistant.
是阿弗雷多 有人去了米尔弗顿家
It's Alfredo-- someone's at Milverton's door.
他走了
He's gone.
我刚给你发完短♥信♥ 他就跳进了出租车
Right after I texted you, he hopped into a cab.
我试着跟踪他但是跟丢了
Tried to tail him but I lost him in traffic.
他长什么样
Description?
高个儿 大概一米八多 很胖
Tall, six feet, maybe, fat,
灰色头发 有小胡子
gray hair, mustache.
穿西装和牛仔靴 我觉得
Suit and cowboy boots-- it's weird, I mean...
他有点儿奇怪
something about him.
什么地方奇怪
Something like what?
他看起来很眼熟 感觉我好像见过他
He seemed familiar, like I knew him or something.
能想起来是在哪儿吗
Any idea from where?
不知道 也许是在某次互助会上
I don't know. Maybe I saw him at a meeting or maybe...
也许我以前偷过他的车
maybe I stole his car back in the day.
-你说他穿着牛仔靴 -对
- You said he was wearing cowboy boots. - Yeah.
重要的是你亲眼看到了他
What matters is that your eyes beheld him.
也就是说他的图像已被传送到了
Which means his image was transmitted
你的后顶叶皮质
to your posterior parietal cortex.
所以只要我们帮你回顾一下
So, once we regress you,
你就能回忆起所有细节
you'll remember every detail,
包括你在哪儿见过他
including where you know him from.
-帮我回什么 -回顾
- Re-what me? - Regress you.
通常我们会用感官剥夺室
Normally, we would use a sensory deprivation chamber.
但在没有那个的情况下
But in the absence of that.
-你想要我待在这里面 -没错
- You want me to get in there? - Yeah.
-你在纽约长大吗 -是的
- You grew up in New York? - Well, yeah.
-会看夜间电视节目吗 -当然
- You watch late-night TV? - Ah, of course.
你看见的是不是这个男人
Is this the guy you saw?
您是否身陷交通事故的麻烦之中
Involved in an automobile accident?
我是本地新来的律师
Well, there's a new sheriff in town.
-杜克·兰德斯绅士 -就是他
- Me-- Duke Landers, Esquire. - That's him.
工伤 交通事故 人身伤害
"杜克律师 随时恭候您的到访"
"Come on down and see Sheriff Duke."
杜克·兰德斯绅士法律事务所
花最少的钱 追求最大的公平正义
If you're looking for justice and money,
律师杜克·兰德斯绅士
请致电 1-800-555-0199
杜克律师 随时恭候您的到访
come on down and see Sheriff Duke.
查尔斯·米尔弗顿
Charles Milverton.
抱歉 我对这名字没什么印象
Sorry, name doesn't ring a bell.
那就有意思了 律师先生
That's funny, Sheriff,
因为有人看见你今早去敲了
because you were seen knocking on his door
他在斯塔腾岛区房♥子的大门
in Staten Island this morning.
你们有证据吗
Can you prove that?
没有
No.
我们也没有证据说明米尔弗顿是你的委托人
Nor can we prove that Milverton was your client.
也没法证明他是否给你留了材料
Or that he left certain materials with you,
让你在他遭受不幸之后散布出去
and told you to disperse them should certain fates befall him.
就算这位米尔弗顿是我的委托人
Say this Milverton guy is a client.
根据法律规定 我也无权告知你们
The law would proscribe me from discussing him
他的情况
with you in any way.
如果你们没事的话 恕不奉陪
So, now, if you'll excuse me.
"杜克·兰德斯绅士"
"Duke Landers, Esquire."
"绅士"的头衔应该是源于你的律师执照
I take it the title refers to your law license as opposed
而不是作为爵士的家族光环
to your birthright as the eldest son of a knight.
你要干什么
What are you doing?
这张是24磅的纸
Yeah. Thought so-- this paper is 24-pound stock
而不是大多数学校会使用的80磅厚纸
as opposed to the 80-pound favored by most institutions.
华生 我前不久在你的阅读书单里
Watson, I added several tomes on handwriting analysis
加了几本介绍笔迹分♥析♥的书
to your reading list the other week.
如果你融会贯通了的话
If you've properly absorbed them,
应该会发现系主任和
you'll find the signatures of both
校理事会会长的签名里大有文章
the dean and the board president most interesting.
弗洛伦斯·科斯特洛和马丁·菲博
Ah, Florence Costello and Martin Faber.
他们写大写F的笔法一致
They have the same D'Nealian capital F's.
那是因为根本就是一个人写的
That's because they were written by one person
他特意模仿了两种不同的笔迹
attempting to mimic two different styles.
那张联邦法♥院♥系统的资质证书
This certificate from the Unified Court System
看起来也有点问题
looks a bit dodgy as well.
也许我应该给他们打个电♥话♥
Perhaps I should give them a call,
看看你是不是真有从业执照
see if you're actually licensed.
好吧 我认识他
I know him, okay?
我认识查尔斯·米尔弗顿
I know Charles Milverton.
但他不是我的委托人
But he's not my client.
正相反 可以说我是他的委托人
If anything, you could say that I was a client of his.
怎么说
Explain.
几年前 我帮他解决了一桩酒后驾车的官司
A few years ago, I got him off a DWI charge.
他说如果我这有相关敏感信息的话
He said if any sensitive information came across my desk,
他可以利用这些资料为我们俩共同谋利
that he could use it to make some money for both of us.
我得说清楚
Just so we're clear--
我就干了这些
that's all I did.
仅此而已
That's all.
我不是那个在查尔斯出事之后帮他
Hey, I'm not the one that was supposed to disperse materials
散布材料的人 那是别人干的
if something happened to Charles-- that was someone else.
你是个谎话连篇的骗子
You're a liar who lies.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表