-问什么 -你的担♥保♥人 阿弗雷多
- Ask what? - About your sponsor, Alfredo.
不错的伙伴
Delightful fellow.
他答应明天和我们喝咖啡
He's agreed to meet us both tomorrow for coffee.
我们可以相互认识一下
So we can get to know one another.
你不同意吗
You don't approve?
我只是有点搞糊涂了
I'm just a little confused, that's all.
我是说 你见过艾德里安
I mean, you actually met Adrian.
你在和他聊了会之后拒绝了他
You talked to him before you turned him down.
但你只听阿弗雷多说了15秒钟
You heard Alfredo speak for 15 seconds.
你现在还没明白我的水平
Oh, have you not figured out by now
比一般的瘾君子高得多吗
that I see far more than your average addict?
我的观察能力首屈一指
My observational skills are second to none.
我知道 我只是...
I know. I know that. I just...
想给你创造最好的环境
I want to leave you in the best situation possible.
这对我很重要
It's important to me.
-明白 -很好 我很高兴
- Got it. - Good. I'm glad.
不是这个 "你已在船梁之末"
No. "On your beam ends"
我懂了
I've got it.
我想起来在哪听过
I know where I was when I heard it.
那台
That one.
我在那台电视里看过 几周以前
That's where I saw it, weeks ago.
是什么节目来着
But what was the context?
海绵宝宝
Yellow cartoon sponge man,
体育新闻 漱口水广♥告♥
sports news, mouthwash advert,
惊险之旅
Arctic Blue...
你能告诉我这是在干嘛吗
You want to tell me what you're doing?
位置记忆法 一种记忆的方式
Uh, method of loci, memonic device.
依靠记住的空间关系来建立记忆列表
Relies on memorized spatial relationships to establish catalogue
并以此回想起记忆的内容
and recollect memorial content.
要是我能记起这六个电视当时播放的内容
If I remember what was on these six screens,
我一定能想起第七个
I'll remember what was on the seventh.
胖女人 介绍新食谱 招人讨厌
Fat lady, new cookbook, insufferable.
勃起障碍治疗 科普节目 介绍企鹅
Erectile dysfunction. Nature program, penguins.
然后是...脱口秀
And... talk show.
主题是... 国际反捕鲸法
The topic was... International Whaling Laws.
两位嘉宾在节目里辩论
Two guests got into an argument.
你不会真的以为
You are not seriously suggesting
清空太平洋是个明智的决定
that cleaning out the Pacific Ocean is a good idea.
那你让我们如何向依赖
What do you suggest we tell the Japanese worker
这项贸易生存的日本渔民交待
whose livelihood depends upon this trade?
你的重点错了
Just... you don't get it.
五十年后 当你穷困潦倒的时候
One day 50 years from now, when you're on your beam ends,
你会后悔当初没多做些事情来保护生态
you'll wish you'd done more when you could have.
这样夸张的说法
That's the same bombast
和地球解放自卫队的信里一样
I read in the ELM letters.
同样的夸张
It's the same hyperbole.
同样奇怪的短语
Same weird phrase.
你真的认为是他吗
You really think it's him?
我知道该如何确认
I know a way to find out.
我不明白 警探
I'm confused, detective.
你在指控我是生态恐♥怖♥分♥子♥吗
You're accusing me of being some sort of ecoterrorist?
我们的一位特殊顾问
One of our special consultants
认为你说话的方式和信中的语气吻合
thinks your speech pattern is a match for these letters.
最后说一次
For the last time,
我从没见过这些信
I have never seen these letters before.
我不知道什么地球解放自卫队
I don't know anything about the ELM,
我也没有制♥造♥过炸♥弹♥
and I certainly didn't build any bombs.
谎话 谎话 全是谎话
Lie, lie and lie.
你谁啊
Who the hell are you?
我是手里有按钮的人
I am the man with the button.
是从楼下电梯里拿到的
It's from the elevator down the hall.
也就是你来这儿时按的那个
You pushed it to get to this floor.
你一下电梯 我就把它取下来了
As soon as you disembarked, I removed it,
送到了警局的指纹库
and took it to the department's latent print unit.
上面有你的指纹
It has your fingerprint on it, you see.
05年 地球解放自卫队
Which means it has a great deal in common
在尤蒂卡的伐木场放置的炸♥弹♥上
with a component from a bomb the ELM detonated
也有极其相似的指纹
in a lumber mill in Utica in 2005.
按钮的指纹 炸♥弹♥的指纹
Button... bomb.
按钮的指纹 炸♥弹♥的指纹
Button... bomb.
这俩指纹也太像了 不是吗
The similarities are quite striking, wouldn't you agree?
你制♥造♥了地球解放自卫队的炸♥弹♥
You built the ELM bombs, Mr. Knowles.
这些信也是你写的
And you wrote those letters.
当你发现你的炸♥弹♥有缺陷时
It's too bad you didn't go back for the one
没有回到佛农公♥司♥拆除真是失策
you left at Vanowen S.C. when you realized it was defective.
今天你可能会得到两项谋杀指控
Maybe you wouldn't be facing two murder charges today.
是我炸了那个伐木场
I bombed that lumber mill.
是我写的这些信
And I wrote these letters to Vanowen S.C.
但你知道吗
But you know what I didn't do?
我没有继续对他们采取行动
Follow up on them.
直到2008年 我成功地
By 2008, I had successfully detonated
利用硝酸盐炸♥弹♥炸毁了五家公♥司♥
nitrate-based bombs at five different companies.
那时我很有地位 很被人看重
I was established, and I was taken very seriously.
我恐吓过包括佛农在内的几家公♥司♥
Vanowen S.C. was one of several dozen businesses
但却没有在那安置炸♥弹♥
I threatened but never bombed.
你承认了所有的事情
Why am I not surprised you'd take credit
却不承认这次爆♥炸♥
for every bombing except
不就是因为这次炸死了两个人吗
the one that killed two people?
是你干的吗
Was that you?
什么事情
Was what me?
这些球招你惹你了
What did those balls ever do to you?
它们会死得其所的 华生
They're dying for a good cause, Watson.
当然
Of course they are.
知道吗 当炸♥弹♥爆♥炸♥时
Did you know that when a bomb explodes,
覆盖在燃料上的东西会雾化
the component that houses the fuel is often atomized?
因此想要确定炸♥弹♥里的化学成分
Now, this can make it difficult, if not downright impossible,
即使可能 也是很困难的
to identify the device's chemical composition.
纽约警方的爆破小组正在努力解决
The NYPD bomb squad is currently struggling
这个问题 我想帮帮忙
with this very conundrum, so I thought I would help.
-用网球吗 -我试着通过
- With tennis balls? - I'm attempting to replicate
自己调制的混合物来复♥制♥
the odor and burn pattern of the office bombing
案发现场的气味和爆♥炸♥模式 这些球
using a few of my own concoctions, and these balls
就是最好的点燃装置
make the perfect delivery mechanism.
当埃德加·诺尔斯下午被逮捕时
When Edgar Knowles was arrested this afternoon,
他承认他在不同的公♥司♥里
he confessed to setting off
安装过五个硝酸盐炸♥弹♥
five nitrate-based bombs at various businesses.
他自称为生态保护者
No self-respecting eco-warrior
所以不可能用有毒的化学药品来制♥造♥炸♥弹♥
would use toxic, man-made chemicals in his bombs.
他可能会用一些自然材料
He would use natural ingredients.
闻起来像化肥
Smells like fertilizer.
是有原因的
With good reason.
除了园艺功能
Beyond its horticultural employments,
化肥还可以通过蒸馏
fertilizer can be distilled down
产生一种物质来生成硝酸盐
and mixed into a rather potent nitrate accelerant.
就是这个球里面装着的东西
This ball is filled with the stuff.
如果诺尔斯确实想炸掉佛农公♥司♥
If Knowles did try to blow up Vanowen S.C.,
他会用硝酸盐 但如果他这么做了
he would have used nitrates, and if he'd used nitrates,
炸♥弹♥爆♥炸♥后会在空气中留下
the bomb would have filled the air with an odor
刺♥激♥性的气味
as pungent as it is distinctive,
就是你现在闻到的这种
the same odor that you're smelling right now.
问题是 在现场我没有
The thing is, I didn't smell
闻到这种气味
any fertilizer when we were there.
我闻到的是其他气味
I smelled something else.
一开始我觉得这种气味很怪 但是
It was foreign to me in the moment, but...
通过网球的帮助 我成功地
I have managed to recreate it with the help of
制♥造♥出了这种味道
my little round friends here.
我现在很确定炸♥弹♥是由
I am now certain that the bomb was made
氯酸钾制成的
using potassium chlorate.
他是汽油 漂白剂 凡士林
It's an accelerant made of
混合制成的
gasoline, bleach and petroleum jelly.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表