回答我的问题
I asked you a question.
你是个才华横溢的人吗
Are you a, a brilliant man?
当你遥遥领先众人时
You're a step ahead of everybody for long enough,
就会被认为才华横溢
people start calling you brilliant.
我觉得你应该对此深有感悟
I get a feeling that you know something about that.
的确
Ah, indeed I do.
但成为这样的人也有坏处
One of the dangers of brilliance, however,
其中之一就是有时会注意不到
is that you sometimes fail to recognize
其他人也有可能
the possibility that others are--
至少在某些方面
at least in some respect--
和我们一样才华横溢
just as brilliant.
比方说 我昨晚突然想到
Last night, for example, it occurred to me,
我可能不是第一个
I may not have been the first person
发现钱德勒医院有死亡天使的人
to discover the Angel of Death at Chandler Memorial.
你的意思是 有人知道这件事
I'm sorry, you're saying that someone else knew
但没说出来
that he was there but kept it to themself?
这个人才华横溢
A brilliant someone,
医学知识丰富
in this case a brilliant someone with extensive medical knowledge
并且有理由密切关注
and real reason to pay close attention
自己病人的突然死亡
to the sudden death of two of his surgical patients.
好吧 如果你说的是我
Okay, if you're referring to me,
我可以向你保证
I can assure you
我根本不知道达尼洛·古拉要做什么
I had no idea what Danilo Gura was up to.
我们查过太平间的安全日志
We checked the morgue security logs.
显然你曾去检查被死亡天使
Apparently you went there to examine the two bodies
杀害的前两个病人的尸体
of the first two patients you lost to the Angel.
他们是我的病人
They were my patients.
我想知道他们是怎么死的
I wanted to know what happened.
但我没找到任何异常现象
I didn't find out anything unusual.
我相信你肯定意识到了
I believe that you did realize
他们是被谋杀的
they had been murdered.
像你这样才华横溢的人
Perhaps you noticed a bit of ischemia,
也许注意到了有局部缺血
as brilliant men are wont to do,
但同时
but around the same time
你还造成了一起手术事故
you committed yet another surgical error.
在一次常规搭桥手术中
You left a clamp in Samantha Cropsey's chest
你把手术钳留在了萨曼莎·克罗波西的胸部
during a routine bypass surgery.
行了 我受够了
Okay, I've had just about enough of this.
萨曼莎会有并发症
It was inevitable
这不可避免
Samantha would develop complications.
本来只要把手术钳拿出来
The mistake could have been easily rectified,
就可以弥补过失
the clamp removed,
但同样也会带来第三次打击
but not without earning you your third strike
毁掉你之前辉煌的事业...
and ending your formerly great career...
但死亡天使可以让这些不用发生
unless the Angel could make it all go away.
你注意到他锁定的都是
You realized that he targeted patients
极度痛苦的晚期病人
who were not only terminal but also in tremendous pain,
所以你开始把萨曼莎塑造成这样一个目标
so you set about making Samantha an attractive target.
第一步你找到某个心脏癌病人的
First you found the biopsy of a patient
活体♥检♥视
dying of cardiac cancer.
把检查结果的名字改成萨曼莎
You put Samantha's name on the biopsy results,
记录下肿瘤是在手术中发现的
you noted that the tumor was found during her surgery,
然后把这些放进了她的病历中
and then you placed them into her chart.
第二步你要让她处于病痛之中
Secondly you made sure that she was in pain
好让死亡天使觉得有必要结束她的痛苦
so the Angel would feel compelled to end her suffering.
这个就简单了
That was simple enough.
只要减少止痛药用量就行了
Just reduce her pain meds.
这样做还有个好处
Now, this had the added benefit
她神志不清
of making her too delirious
就无法和喜欢跟受害人
to effectively communicate with a killer
聊天的凶手交流
who liked to chat up his victims.
死亡天使上钩了
The Angel took the bait.
萨曼莎就这么死于心脏病
Samantha succumbed to a cardiac event.
接下来你要做的就只剩下
Now, all you had to do
将癌症诊断从她的病历中去掉
was remove those cancer results from her chart
你的错误就被抹去了
and your mistake was erased
直到今天
until today.
我们得到许可挖出了
We received permission to exhume
克罗波西女士的尸体
Ms. Cropsey's body.
验尸官发现这个嵌在她的胸腔里
The M.E. found this lodged in her ribcage.
是一把手术钳
It's a surgical clamp.
眼熟吗
Look familiar?
就算我信你
Let's say that I believe you.
就算你真的在萨曼莎的遗体里
Let's say that you actually found that
找到了这个
in Samantha's remains.
你所证明的也不过是我犯了个错误
All you've proven is that I made a mistake--
这个错误是有可能结束我的职业生涯
a mistake that'll probably end my career
让我以后帮不了数千患者恢复健康
and keep me from helping thousands of people--
但你证明不了我伪造记录
but I see no evidence at all that I faked records
或是谋杀
or that I killed people.
说得不错
Excellent points,
所以我昨晚才去见了达尼洛·古拉
which is why I visited Danilo Gura late last night.
他做的病患日志太详细
His patient logs were so detailed,
太全面了
so comprehensive.
我一开始怀疑那些数据一定是
First I suspected he must have copied the data
他直接从病历里拷下来的
directly from the charts.
可他怎么会冒着
But why would he risk doing that in a hospital
随时被人发现的危险做这些呢
where someone could walk in at any moment?
然后我突然想通了
Then it hit me:
他拍了照
he'd taken pictures.
比如这张
Like this one for example.
起初
At first
他否认这些照片的存在
he refused to acknowledge the photos' existence,
但后来我跟他说是你操控他
but after I explained how you had manipulated him
让他违背了原则
into violating his code,
他就说出 他公♥寓♥附近的通风口藏着
he told us we could find them on a flash drive
一个闪存盘 照片就存在里头
he had hidden in a vent near his apartment.
老天最好不让你们中任何一人
God forbid either of you should ever need surgery
需要手术救命
to save your life.
否则你们一定想让我来保命
I am the guy you want standing over you in the O.R.
正是这样的想法才会让你觉得
I imagine it was that kind of thinking
萨曼莎的死没有你的责任吧
that helped you justify Samantha's murder.
她的生命比不上
Her life versus the thousands
你要救的上千条生命
you believed you'd save.
今早地方检察官告诉我
I was talking to the D.A. this morning.
二级谋杀会进监狱
He figures murder two is a lock.
你将面临20年的服刑期
You're looking at 20 to life.
钱德勒医院
Chandler Memorial Hospital
两天内再爆丑闻
was rocked by scandal for the second time in two days
梅森·鲍德温医生因故意促使
when Dr. Mason Baldwin was arrested for his role
已认罪死亡天使达尼洛·古拉
in the death of one of confessed Angel
杀害一名受害人而被捕
of Death Danilo Gura's victims.
最近...
Recent...
这种时刻是我的最爱
My favorite bit-- this moment.
垂头丧气 脸色发白
The slumped shoulders, the pallor,
就像乌龟想缩回自己的壳里
like a turtle trying to retreat back into its shell.
祝贺你
I'm happy for you.
我很累 先回房♥了
I'm also exhausted, I'm turning in.
我必须要说 华生
I must say, Watson,
我很高兴能瞥见你过去的样子
I enjoyed catching a glimpse of you in your former element.
你朋友说得对
Seems to me your friend was right.
你是个了不起的医生
You were quite a doctor.
我有过春风得意的时候
I had my moments.
Norah Jones - "Travelin' On"
*你不能藏匿于人群之中*
*You could never be a face in the crowd... *
或许你可以试试梅开二度
Maybe you'll give it another go one of these days.
*所以你不停流浪*
*So you're travelin' on*
*不停流浪*
*Travelin' on out*
*但你知道*
*Well, you know*
*我从来不戳破你的谎言*
*I'll never say it out loud*
*我只是陪着你 陪着你不停流浪*
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表