想法不错
Yeah, you'd think.
但凯西的母亲1997年就死于车祸了
Casey's Mom died in a car accident in '97.
而安娜的母亲 2008年得癌症死了
Anna Webster's died of cancer, 2008.
两人现在都没法开口
Neither are talking to anybody.
刚刚查到这个
Just found this.
安娜·韦伯斯特几周前投诉
Anna Webster filed a complaint a few weeks ago
说有人跟踪她
about a guy she thought was following her.
有天早上她看见那人把车
Saw him parked outside her home one morning
停在她家门外 透过窗口偷♥拍♥她
and snapped a few pictures from her window.
我在想
Now, I'm thinking
也许他就是我们要找的父亲
maybe that's the father we're trying to find.
年龄也对得上
The age is right.
但这人看起来
But there's approximately...
一点都不像他们
zero family resemblance.
不是他们的父亲 我肯定
Not Dad, not by a long shot.
我也能肯定福尔摩斯这次是对的
I'm pretty sure Holmes is right on this one.
为什么
How?
因为我正好认识这个人
Because believe it or not, I know this guy.
想不到是你啊 汤米·格雷森
Tommy Gregson, as I live and breathe!
我们有多久没见了
Ha-ha! How long has it been?
-有四五年了吧 - 迈克 过得怎么样
- Four or five years? - Hey, Mike, how you been?
你自己看看就知道了
Eh, take a look at around. You tell me.
我和迈克以前在一个部门供职
Mike and I came up together in the department.
后来他飞黄腾达了
Then he got all high and mighty.
跑来私营部门工作
He started working for the private sector.
成了这里的顶级调查员
Became top investigator for White Shoe & White Shoe here.
迈克 这位是贝尔探员
Mike, this is Detective Bell,
华生女士和福尔摩斯先生
Ms. Watson, and Mr. Holmes.
有人口渴吗
Yeah, any of you thirsty?
我的秘书泡的意式咖啡超棒
My girl makes a killer Espresso.
免了 我们这次是为公事而来
No, actually, we're sort of on a clock.
我们找你是想问你为什么
We were hoping that you were able to tell us why you
两周前要跟踪这个女孩
were trailing this girl two weeks ago.
我从来没见过她
I haven't seen her before in my life.
迈克
Mike.
这事没商量
Um, can't talk about it.
这和公♥司♥顾客的案子有关
It has to do with a case for one of my firm's clients.
-我有特权不说 -迈克
- It's protected by privilege. - Mike,
-这女孩昨晚被杀害了 -我知道
- this girl got killed last night. - I know.
新闻上播过了 是很惨
I saw it on the news and I think it stinks,
她看起来也是个好孩子
and she seemed like a good kid,
-但你知道 规矩就是规矩 -迈克
- but you know how it is: rules are rules. - Mike...
打扰一下
Excuse me.
抱歉 你能不能 给我点时间
Sorry, could you just-- excuse me a second--
你介不介意跟我讲讲
would you mind just telling me a little bit more
这株美丽的植物
about this beautiful plant.
你经常熬夜工作吧 麦基先生
You work a lot of late nights, Mr. McGee.
从你的眼睛就可以看出来
I can tell by your eyes,
你知道我还能看出什么吗
but you know what else I can tell
就是你借助了甲基苯♥丙♥胺♥
is that you've turned to methamphetamines
甲基苯♥丙♥胺♥: 即冰♥毒♥
来保持清醒
to stay awake and alert.
你频频眨眼 眼神飘忽
You blink excessively. Your eyes dart.
过去的几个月里
You also lost a great deal of weight
还掉了很多体重
over the last few months,
尽管你一直吃这些垃圾食品
even though your diet's as revolting as ever.
还有 现在你的颈动脉
And the fact that your carotid has started
跳动得像个篮球
jumping up and down like a basketball
让我觉得也许你就把药藏在附近
makes me think that your stash is nearby.
或许 就在你的办公桌里
It's in your desk, perhaps?
你现在最好老实交代
Tell us what we need to know right now,
否则我就打开你的抽屉
and I won't start throwing your drawers open
让格雷森警监和贝尔警探一探究竟
in front of Captain Gregson and Detective Bell.
还有
Also, um...
等你想让生活回到正轨时
when you're ready to get your life back on track...
我强烈建议你去
Hemdale Rehabilitation Facility
汉德尔康戒中心
gets my very strongest recommendation.
那里还有游泳池呢
Uh, they even have a pool.
好吧
Yeah.
汤米 鉴于你我的交情
Uh, Tommy, uh... since you and I go back a ways,
我把材料拿出来 放在桌子上
I'm gonna take this file and put it on my desk.
我要去趟洗手间
I'm gonna go hit the head.
接下来不管这发生什么
You know, whatever happens in here
我都毫不知情
while I'm gone, you know... happens.
-谢谢你 迈克 -别客气 汤米
- Appreciate it, Mike. - Yeah. Sure, Tommy.
谢谢你
Sure.
凯西·麦克马纳斯和安娜·韦伯斯特
Casey McManus and Anna Webster,
你几个月前雇律师
you hired your lawyers to investigate them
调查这两个人 为什么呢
several months ago-- why?
因为你发现凯西和安娜
Because you discovered
和你有血缘关系
that Casey and Anna were your half-siblings.
你的父亲查尔斯是一位成功的商人
Your father Charles, as successful a businessman
也是个名副其实的花♥花♥公♥子♥
as he was potent a philanderer,
多年前因婚外情生下了他们
sired them out of wedlock decades ago.
给了他们的母亲封口费
Paid off their mothers to keep them quiet.
但他在临死前 告诉了你和伊薇特
He told you and Yvette of their existence on his deathbed.
现在 你们却都死了
Now they're both dead.
是巧合吗
Coincidence?
我不这么认为
I suspect not.
你在说什么啊
What are you talking about?
什么叫他们都死了
What do you mean, they're both dead?
埃里森小姐 他的意思是
What he means, Ms. Ellison, is that you don't
你再也不用担心 他们会和你抢遗产了
have to worry about them coming after your money anymore.
查尔斯给你和伊薇特留下一大笔财产
We know that Charles left his fortune to you and Yvette,
但是遗嘱里并没有说
but he failed to include language in his will
他的私生子不能
that would exclude his bastard children
获得一部分遗产
from laying claim to their share of it.
这样 从法律角度来看
That made them pretermitted heirs
他们是合法继承人 也就是说
in the eyes of the law, which meant that
有一天他们若发现亲生父亲的身份
if they ever discovered their father's true identity,
就可以通过上诉
they'd have been able to sue
来得到自己应得的遗产
for a piece of his considerable estate,
也就大大降低了你们姐妹的份额
potentially reducing you and your sister's inheritance
至少有三分之二
by as much as two-thirds.
这也就是你雇律师调查他们的原因
That's why you hired your lawyers to investigate them,
也因此 我认为是你杀害了他们
and that's why i believe you killed them.
我没有杀人
I didn't kill anyone.
在过去两晚的8点到10点之间
Can you account for your whereabouts the last two nights
你能给出不在场证明吗
between the hours of 8:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m.?
我在家
I-I was... at home.
自己一个人
I was alone.
就是说没有了
That means no.
那么我们还是回警局说吧
Maybe it's time we took this back to the precinct.
不
No.
不
No.
关于我爸 你们是对的
Look, you're right about my dad.
他确实在临死前告诉了我们
He did tell me and my sister
凯西和安娜的存在
about Casey and Anna right before he died.
而且我们也知道他们能够
And yes, we knew they could lay claim
合法获得一部分财产
to at least part of the estate.
这件事让我们很为难
It was very difficult for us.
我们对于父亲的做法很生气
We were very angry with him.
不敢相信他把这个秘密藏得这么深
We couldn't believe he would keep something like that from us.
但他病得很重 我们也...
But he was very sick, and we...
他去世后 我们一直在考虑该怎么办
After he died, we went back and forth about what we should do.
我们都不想守着这个秘密
Neither of us wanted to have to keep his secret,
但是要把上千万资产
but to give tens of millions
拱手让给两个陌生人 也让人难以接受
of dollars to two virtual strangers seemed insane.
于是我们找到律师
That's why we reached out to his attorneys.
我们希望他能调查凯西和安娜
We wanted them to look into Casey and Anna
并了解情况 以备不时之需
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表