Father Ray probably isn't very proud of me,
但是雷神父不像我有一套郊区别♥墅♥
but then again, Father Ray doesn't have a country house.
我马上就要成为首席运营官了
I was inches away from becoming COO,
大家都知道这个
which everybody knows
然后开始巴结你
is where they groom you for the big chair.
可你却指控我谋杀
And you accuse me of murder.
你觉得人们不会说闲话吗
You think everybody in that place isn't talking?
流言蜚语在公♥司♥是毒药
Gossip's poison in that place.
没人去理会我是不是清白的
Doesn't matter that I'm completely innocent.
我铁定做不成首席运营官了
I'm never gonna get that job.
不好意思 你说完了吗
Sorry. Are you done?
每次你说到"清白"二字 我都会无视
Every time you say "Innocent," I... I tune out.
既然这样 我只能
In that case, I'm just
向你证明我的清白了 是吧
going to have to prove it to you, aren't I?
迈尔斯·杜伦 你口中的第一位死者
Miles Durham, the first of these so-called murders.
他在野营时失踪
He disappeared during a camping trip.
时间是03年8月 对吧
August 2003, right?
他是8月7号♥出发的
He left August 7...
预计9号♥返回
He was supposed to return August 9.
-这是什么 -我的病历
- What is this? - Medical records. Mine.
我在当月6号♥ 做了外科手术
I had elective surgery, August 6, 2003.
术后出现了
There were, uh...
并发症
complications.
直到12号♥才出院
I wasn't released until August 12.
抽脂 去皱
Liposuction. Rhytidoplasty.
你做过面部整形手术
You had a face-lift.
你看巴伦周刊的封面有几个人有双下巴
You see many jowly men on the cover of Barron's, Mr. Holmes?
我要说的是 我不可能杀害迈尔斯·杜伦
My point is, I couldn't have murdered Miles Durham.
还有
And I'll tell you something else.
丹·周 一个傲慢的小人物
Dan Cho-- arrogant little pissant--
他03年没在佳能-艾博索工作
no, he didn't work for Canon-Ebersole in 2003,
不过他在商业学校念书时
because he had a summer internship with us
来我们这暑期实习过
while he was in business school.
在丹佛分公♥司♥
Worked at our Denver office.
这是他的资料
Here's his file.
我们05年录用了他 把他送到了达拉斯
We hired him in 2005, sent him to Dallas.
你觉得他可能是那个反♥社♥会♥的人吗
You think there's a sociopath working for us?
再给你透露一个小秘密
Let me let you in on a little secret, Mr. Holmes.
我们公♥司♥都是反♥社♥会♥的人
We're all sociopaths.
我在上面看书呢
Hey, I'm trying to read up there.
这根本说不通
This doesn't make any sense.
没错 丹·周03年暑假
Yes, Dan Cho interned in Denver
是在那实习过
during the summer of 2003.
但他没从第一起谋杀中获益
But he didn't benefit from the first murder.
公♥司♥是在两年之后才录用他的
Company didn't even hire him till two years later.
首先 你都不能确定
First of all, you're not even sure
迈尔斯·杜伦 的失踪是不是谋杀
Miles Durham's disappearance was a murder.
好吧 就当它是
Okay, let's say it was.
也许这个叫丹·周的家伙
Maybe this guy Dan Cho
杀害他只是为了取乐
killed him to get a charge out of it.
谋杀本身就是一种获益
The-the murder was the benefit.
嗜杀的人
People who enjoy killing
喜欢同别人分享他们的快♥感♥
like to share their enthusiasm with others.
他们想让所有人都知道发生了谋杀
They want everyone to know there's a murderer out there.
不仅如此 即使是他进入公♥司♥之后
And anyway, even after he was hired,
他也没像吉姆·福克斯那样
he didn't benefit from the deaths
从几起谋杀中获益
nearly as much as Jim Fowkes.
但吉姆·福克斯
But Jim Fowkes...
第一起谋杀不是吉姆·福克斯做的
Jim Fowkes didn't do the first one!
事实并非如此
It would appear not!
已婚男人
Marrying man?
他不放手
He just won't quit.
他说他是结婚了
He says he is married,
但他想跟我当面解释
but he wants to meet me to explain himself.
-你应该去 -和一个龌龊男喝咖啡
- You should go. - Coffee with a creep?
-算了 -如果没别的事情可做
- No, thanks. - If nothing else,
这是你练习演绎法的好机会
it would be an interesting experiment in deduction for you.
识破谎言
Spot the lie.
而且
Besides...
我需要时间来思考
I need time to think,
因此这里将不得安宁了
which means it's not gonna get any quieter around here.
我
I...
紧急联♥系♥人
卡普兰·唐娜
唐娜
Donna.
-喝点什么 -不用了
- Can I get you something? - I'm good.
你怎么发现我已经结婚了
How did you find out I'm married?
我想今天是你要解释
Um... I thought you wanted to explain yourself,
-而不是我吧 -好吧 是这样
- not the other way around. - Okay, wait.
我是对你撒谎了
I did lie to you.
没错
I did.
但事实并非如你所想
But it's not what you think.
我在一家
I volunteer, uh,
名为"海岸线社区服务"的机构做志愿者
for a place called Shoreline Community Services.
是一家合法的援助机构
It's a legal aid thing.
我们为那些寻求政♥治♥避难的人提供帮助
We... work with people who are seeking political asylum.
前阵子
A while back,
我帮助了一个来自科索沃的女人
I helped out with a woman from Kosovo.
他的父亲是一名战败方的
Her father was a general in the war,
上将
for the losing side,
战争结束后 他在街上被枪杀了
and when it ended, he was shot in the street.
她当时如果回家 可能也难逃一死
She would have been killed had she returned home.
但是美国没有为她提供政♥治♥庇护
But the U.S. wouldn't give her asylum.
所以你为了让她留在这 就和她结婚了
So you married her to keep her in the country.
你们发♥生♥关♥系♥了吗
Do you have a relationship?
她住在赫伯肯
She lives in Hoboken.
我有时会去看看她 仅此而已
I check in on her sometimes. That's it.
如果政♥府♥不横加干涉的话
We can get a divorce in a year,
我们一年内就可以离婚
without the government crawling all over us.
我准备最终和你说的
I would have told you eventually,
如果我们有"最终"的话
if there was an "Eventually."
但是
But, uh...
但我现在... 很抱歉
but now I'm just... I'm sorry.
你能为她提供帮助 真有同情心
Helping her was a really compassionate thing to do.
谢谢
Thank you.
我还是想知道 你是怎么发现的
But if you don't mind my asking, how did you find out about it?
不好意思 唐娜
Excuse me. Donna?
你叫唐娜 是吧
It is Donna, right?
没人会对一个秘书有印象 是吧
No one ever remembers the secretary, do they, Donna?
抱歉 你说什么
Excuse me, what?
作为职业 秘书有它的缺点
As a career choice, has its limits.
但对于某些人来说 它就像一件隐身斗篷
But then it does afford one a certain cloak of invisibility.
我不明白你在说什么
I-I don't know what you're talking about.
但我很肯定福克斯先生
But I'm pretty sure that Mr. Fowkes
禁止你进入公♥司♥大楼
had you banned from the building.
你和他在一起很久了 对吧
You've been with him a long time, haven't you?
直到今晚之前 我都认为你是
Until tonight, I just assumed that you'd...
从他搬到纽约之后才和他共事的
come to work with him after he moved to New York.
而我在却发现他在丹佛的手术单上
Then I saw your name as the emergency contact
紧急联♥系♥人那里填的是你
for a surgical procedure he had in Denver.
你还跟着他去了达拉斯 是吧
You followed him to Dallas, too, didn't you?
福克斯先生是个好老板
Mr. Fowkes is a good boss,
我们彼此都很忠诚
and we're loyal to each other.
他可真是步步高升
He's certainly had a meteoric rise.
这其中应该不乏你的功劳吧 唐娜
And he probably owes some of that to you, doesn't he, Donna?
吉姆·福克斯不是佳能-艾博索
Jim Fowkes wasn't the only one to benefit
谋杀案的唯一受益者
from the deaths at Canon-Ebersole, was he?
要我叫保安来吗
Do I need to call security?
求之不得 让他们也加入我们的谈话
By all means. Let's loop them into the conversation.
不要吗
No?
我之前可没想到
Didn't think so.
只要找到切入点 问题就迎刃而解了
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表