Now, if that had gone off when it was supposed to in 2008,
他就会变成一坨人肉汉堡包
it would have turned him into so much newly promoted hamburger.
佛农公♥司♥的人事档案显示
Vanowen S.C.'s personnel files showed that
直到彻底失踪之前
he did not miss a single day's work
他都没有旷过一天的工
until the moment that he left for good.
这意味着2008年十月上旬里
That means he spent almost a week
有将近一周
in the early part of October 2008
他就坐在一个爆♥炸♥装置附近
sitting within spitting distance of a live explosive device.
你认为炸♥弹♥是为他准备的
You think it was meant for him.
很明显有人想杀掉普莱蒂
Well, it is abundantly clear someone wanted Pradeep dead.
问题是
The question is,
谁愿意这么不择手段 还有为什么
who would be willing to go to such lengths and why?
验尸官证实普莱蒂·辛格
M.E. Confirms Pradeep Singh
死于胸部中枪
was killed by a gunshot wound to the chest.
原话是 其死后
Death was followed by, and I quote,
"经渗透式木乃伊化处理"
"Pervasive mummification"
这是我们从他口袋里找到的所有东西
That's everything we found in his pockets.
有点奇怪的是 钥匙链上有把钥匙
It's kind of weird-- there's a key on the key chain
上面有个能开启车门的按钮
with a button to unlock a car door,
但那绝不是一把车钥匙
but it's definitely not a car key.
没错 这是保险箱的钥匙
No, that is a safety-deposit box key.
从钥匙齿条能看出
You can tell by the teeth.
SLB
SLB
红杉自♥由♥银行
Sequoia Liberty Bank?
699号♥保险箱
Box number 699.
切奇与钟的下部电影
Cheech and Chong's Next Movie?
切奇与钟是上世纪70年代美国的一对搞笑艺人
这不是部好电影
Well, it's not a good movie,
但至少它没让我想杀人
but it didn't make me want to commit a homicide.
电影不见了
Hmm, the movie is gone.
看见这个槽了吗
You see this slot here?
这是为了防止你进行翻录
That's there to stop you from recording over the tape.
不过把透明胶带贴在这里就可以了
You put Scotch tape there, it allows you to do so.
现在我们要做的就是找到一台录放机
Now all we got to do is find a VCR...
在2012年
in 2012.
你去过我家吗 贝尔警探
Have you not been to my home yet, Detective Bell?
我保存着几台录放机
I maintain several VCRs.
我喜欢观看70和80年代的
I like to watch police interrogations
警方审讯
from the '70s and '80s.
那时候的审讯技巧比较朴实
Techniques were rawer back then, and, uh,
你时不时地能学到点有用的东西
you do, on occasion, learn something useful.
这是我的一个秘密线人
This is one of my CIs;
我一直在等他的消息 有关另一个案件
I've been waiting to hear from him on another case.
你介意我私下里讲电♥话♥吗
You mind if I take this in private?
你可以去客厅
My parlor is at your disposal.
怎么了 卡罗
What up, Carlo?
听着 我给阿弗雷多发了短♥信♥
So, listen, I texted Alfredo,
我们约的明天
and we're all set for tomorrow.
九点在咖啡馆见
Coffee at 9:00.
关于阿弗雷多 我不认为会有进展
Alfredo, yeah, uh, I don't think that's going to work out.
火花已熄灭
Spark's no longer there.
我认为我得从别的地方找担♥保♥人
I think I'm going to have to seek sponsorship elsewhere.
你在说什么 你亲自选得他
What are you talking about? You hand-picked him.
我们能做得更好
Hmm, we can do better.
这跟我们有关吗
Is this about us?
-什么跟我们有关 -你不愿意找担♥保♥人
- Is what about us? - Your reluctance to find a sponsor.
我现在觉得你是在故意刁难
I'm starting to think you're being difficult
因为你不想让我离开
because you don't want me to leave.
你没说过你这么有趣
You never told me you were funny.
你选了阿弗雷德 因为你以为
You picked Alfredo because you thought
我不会喜欢他
I wasn't gonna like him,
但是现在我喜欢他了 你又要拒绝他
but now that I do, you're trying to push him away, too.
我以前体验过
Okay, what you're feeling right now--
你现在的感受
I've seen it before.
客户开始担心
Clients start to worry about
他们的伙伴离开后
what their lives are going to be like
他们的生活会变成什么样子
after their companion leaves.
他们像是得了分离焦虑症
They kind of get a separation anxiety.
事实上这很普遍
It's pretty standard, actually.
我以为既然你当初
I guess, since you've never been anything
那么反对我来这里
but opposed to me being here, it...
我没想到你也会有这种感觉
it never occurred to me that you might feel it, too.
我不知道你怎么想
I don't know what you're on,
不过以前的我一定会有所渴望
but old me would definitely have wanted some.
-听着 我 -你回来了 太好了
- Listen, I am... - You're back. Excellent.
这是普莱蒂吗
Hey, is that Pradeep?
他看起来
He looks about...
有25岁了
25 years old there.
亲爱的
Hey, sweetie.
我好开心终于跟你在一起了
I'm so glad we finally got to have this date.
-我也是 -准备好了吗
- Me, too. - You ready to party?
-好了 -她是个妓♥女♥
- Yes. - She's a prostitute.
有意思
That's interesting.
看起来档次不低
High-end, by the looks of it.
-能帮我一下吗 -当然
- You want to help me with this? - Sure.
你好 佛农夫人
Hello, Ms. Vanowen.
如果你们都喜欢的话我们可以继续看
Well, we can keep watching if you'd both like,
不过我觉得我们已经找到了炸♥弹♥客
but I'd say we've found our bomber.
填好了 那么你要问我点什么
All this just so you can ask me a few questions?
只是许可表格 例行手续而已
Just a consent form, ma'am. Standard procedure.
那你可以告诉我这是为了什么吗
So, now you want to tell me what this is all about?
亲爱的 我好开心终于跟你在一起了
Hey, sweetie. I'm so glad we finally got to have this date.
-我也是 -准备好了吗
- Me, too. - You ready to party?
-准备好了 -好的
- Yes. - Good.
不好意思 那个是我吗
I'm sorry. Was that supposed to be me?
我听说 你来自于一个不那么富裕的家庭
I've learned since we spoke that you come from modest origins.
父亲是承包商 母亲是家庭妇女
Father a contractor, mother a homemaker.
所以 当你去上商学院的时候
So, when you got into business school,
你需要有一些收入
you needed a source of income.
用以支付你的学费
Something to pay your tuition
以及创办公♥司♥的启动资金
and provide you with seed money for your company.
在需要帮助的时候 你选择了
You turned, in your hour of need,
这个世界上最古老的职业之一
to the world's oldest profession.
我觉得其中也伴有些个人喜好
Took to it with some gusto, I'd say.
行了 关掉吧
Okay, let's turn this off.
你成功地为自己开辟了新生活
You built a successful new life for yourself
过去都化作尘埃 没人能做的更好了
on the ashes of your old one, and no one was any the wiser.
直到普莱蒂·辛格在佛农谋得了职位
Until Pradeep Singh got a job at Vanowen.
他恐怕花了一段时间才意识到
It probably took him a while to realize
他的上司是他多年前
that his new boss was one of the women
录下亲热视频的人
that he had secretly recorded years ago,
但当他发现之后 他很快把握住了机会
but when he did, he turned the screw.
可以这么说
So to speak.
一年内三次晋升
Three promotions in a year?
我闻到了敲诈的味道
That smells like a payoff to me.
不 我晋升普莱蒂是因为那是他应得的
No. I promoted Pradeep because he deserved it.
跟你说个小秘密
Small confession:
我发现这个国家的反娼妓法案
I find the anti- prostitution laws
相当有维多利亚时代风格
in this country rather Victorian.
性是一种商品
Sex is a commodity.
为什么不能公开交易呢
Why shouldn't there be a market for it?
不过 当然不是所有人都像我这么想的
But, of course, not everyone thinks like I do.
这也是为什么
Which is why
你得不断满足普莱蒂的要求
you had to pay Pradeep until his demands
直到他的要求超越了你的底限
escalated past the point that you could meet them.
于是你绞尽脑汁想到了杀掉他的办法
Then you cast about for a way to kill him.
现在 你已经有了自卫队的恐吓信
Now, you already had threatening letters from the ELM.
你就造了一个土质炸♥弹♥ 准备嫁祸给他们
So you built a pipe bomb, planning to blame them.
但它没有爆♥炸♥
But when it didn't detonate,
你就直接射杀了普莱蒂并且藏了起来
you simply shot Pradeep and walled him off.
我猜是你父亲
I imagine it was your father
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表