这两种方案 她选择进行开颅手术
to Jake's mother Wendy and she chose surgery.
为什么 她为什么这么选
Why? Why would she do that?
她收入微薄
She's low income.
她甚至没有办法保证一日三餐
She doesn't feel equipped
她觉得自己实在没有能力照顾
to care for a child with extensive needs
这样一个消耗巨大的孩子
as she can barely keep food on the table as it is.
你得再和她谈谈
You have to go back to her.
古德温女士
Miss Goodwin,
我知道您是真心为杰克着想
I know you have Jake's best interest at heart,
但是他妈妈做出这个决定也不容易
but this decision didn't come easy for his mother.
我不会再去逼她的
And I'm not gonna push it further.
手术
Surgery?
你开玩笑的吧
You gotta be kidding me.
明天上午我还要去宣誓作证呢
I got a deposition tomorrow morning.
依兰 这只是一次外科会诊
Elaine, it's just a surgical consult.
他们不一定会建议进行手术
Doesn't mean they'll recommend an operation.
其实 我觉得你的CT看上去还可以
Honestly, your CT looked okay to me, so--
沃特金斯女士 我是马塞尔医生
Mrs. Watkins, I'm Dr. Marcel.
我是外科医生 来给您会诊
I'm the surgeon reviewing your case.
赶紧的吧 我还有工作要做
Let's have it. I got work to do.
好吧
Right.
那我就不兜圈子了
Well, cutting to the chase,
考虑到用鼻胃管进行的保守治疗
given that conservative management with the NG tube
未能清除阻塞
has failed to clear the obstruction,
我建议通过手术去除粘连
I'd recommend surgery to remove the adhesions.
但是要说清楚的是
But let's be clear,
我们绝对不会强制你进行手术
this is in no way a mandatory operation.
不好意思 霍斯特德医生 我不同意
I'm sorry, Dr. Halstead, that's not my take on it.
你的白细胞数升高了
Look, your white count is elevated,
你正在发烧
you're running a fever--
这两个情况都需要重视
both of which are concerning.
确实是 但我还是觉得
Yes, they are, but still.
我们得耐心等待鼻胃管发挥作用
We haven't given the NG tube much time to work--
但如果我们浪费了太多时间
But if we wait too long,
很有可能会有肠穿孔的风险
you run the risk of perforation.
那时半选择性的手术就会变成紧急手术了
Then a semi-elective surgery becomes an emergent one.
这就是为什么我们要时刻监测着你的情况
Which is precisely why we would monitor you closely--
你们两个显然没法统一意见
You two clearly can't agree on anything
那我来帮你们解决吧
so let me solve this for you.
如果我明天死不了
If I'm not dying tomorrow,
我是不会做手术的
I'm not doing the surgery.
就这么定了
Done.
好吧
Great.
好的
Right.
你要是对我有意见
Hey, you got an issue with me,
不要带到工作中来
you don't bring it into the medicine.
别自以为是了 这是我的病人
Get over yourself. This is my patient.
我和你意见不同罢了
I had a difference of opinion.
那咱们到一边单独谈
Then you pull me aside.
不要公开反驳我
You don't openly contradict me.
你最近好像有了这个坏习惯
Seems like a bad habit of yours lately,
-爱刷存在感 -你还好意思说
- inserting yourself like that. - You are one to talk.
你说什么
Excuse me?
没关系 你说啊 说出来
Oh, no. Come on, say it.
好吧 你想现在谈这些事是吧
All right, you want to get into this now?
行吧 卡罗尔选择接受临床试验
Fine, Carol chose the trial.
-这就是她的选择 -可算说出来了
- It's what she wanted. - There it is.
在你插一脚之前 一切都挺顺利的
Everything was a go until you stuck your nose in.
是吗 那你一定记错了
Oh, your memory must be failing you,
因为我没有强迫任何人
'cause I didn't force anything.
娜塔莉完全支持植入左心室辅助装置
Natalie was fully on board with the LVAD.
那是因为你在她脆弱的时候趁虚而入了
Because you got in her head when she was vulnerable.
她选择植入左心室辅助装置
She chose the LVAD
只是因为这是正确的医疗决定
because it was the right medical decision.
你觉得现在她还是这么想的吗
You think she still feels that way?
迪恩 我看你最近上过好几次
Hey, Dean, I see you been clocking
16小时的轮班
quite a few 16-hour shifts.
你不是一直跟我说要保持活力吗
Weren't you the one lecturing me about keeping the troops fresh?
别看我怎么做 照我说的做就行了
Do as I say, not as I do.
我只是不想让工作占据你的个人生活
Ah, I just don't want the ED to impede your personal life.
什么个人生活
Hah, personal life?
-那是什么玩意儿 -得了吧
- Hell is that? - Come on.
我还记得以前你可是有很多兴趣爱好的
I remember you being a man of many interests back in the day.
-还是个派对爱好者 -好了 听着
- Life of the party, too. - All right, listen.
如果你想管我借钱 开口就是了
If you need cash, all you have to do is ask me.
别用拍马屁这招
You don't have to use flattery.
不过说真的
Seriously, though.
没有人是一座孤岛
No man's an island.
那看来我是个例了
Guess I'm one of the lucky few.
不要工作得太狠了 好吗
Just don't work yourself into the ground, okay?
依靠一下你的同事们吧
Lean on your colleagues.
咱们都在互相支持互相帮助呢
We've all got each other's backs here.
好的
Okay.
说到这个
Speaking of.
我之前看了你病人的信息表 杰瑞·特纳
I was looking over your patient's chart, Jerry Turner.
是吗
Oh, yeah?
他好像需要两个月内第四次插弗利导尿管
Looks like he's gonna need a fourth Foley in two months.
让我觉得是时候做点新尝试了
Makes me think it's time to try something new.
要不试试耻骨弓上管
Maybe an SP tube.
如果没别的问题 可能...
If nothing else, it might--
不 不 你说得对
No, no, you're right.
是个好主意 老大
That's a-that's a great idea, boss.
谢谢你这么宽容
Thanks for being so open to it.
别客气 谢谢你支持我
Yeah, no worries. Thanks for having my back.
阿彻要给特纳先生插耻骨弓上管
Hey, Archer is gonna give Mr. Turner an SP tube.
真的吗
Oh, really?
我也提出了同样的建议
I had suggested the same thing.
我知道
I know.
米勒小姐 我叫莎伦·古德温
Miss Miller, my name is Sharon Goodwin.
我是加夫尼病患服务部的
I'm the Executive Director of Patient Services
-主管 -要说医疗费的问题吗
- here at Gaffney. - This about payment?
因为我的工作有保险
'Cause I have insurance through my job.
不报销哪些费用 我得弄清楚
What it doesn't cover, I'll have to figure out.
-我是单身妈妈 -不 我明白
- I'm a single mom. - No, I understand.
但是 这不是我来找你的原因
But, uh, that's not why I'm here.
不是直接的原因
Uh, well, not directly.
我想...
I wanted to
跟你谈谈杰克的治疗问题
speak with you regarding Jake's medical treatment.
重新审视你的选择
Revisit your options.
我已经告诉了医生
I already told the doctor
我要给杰克做脑部手术
I want Jake to have the brain surgery.
是的 我相信他告诉过你风险
Yes, and I'm sure he informed you of the risks.
是的 他说了
That's right, he did.
还有什么事
So what's this about?
如果你可以重新考虑
Well, if you were to reconsider and go with
选择微创 短期治疗
the less invasive option, the stint,
如果由于某种不幸的情况
and if by some unfortunate circumstance,
杰克会出现认知缺陷
Jake were to suffer cognitive deficits,
医院有资源
the hospital has resources
可以帮你照顾好你儿子
that could help you take care of your son.
你是说经济援助
You mean financial assistance?
像贷款那样
Like a loan.
不 不是贷款 更像是补助金
No, not a loan. More like a grant.
古德温小姐 我能和你说几句...
Miss Goodwin, may I speak with you for a sec--
给我一点时间 崔医生
Give me a moment, Dr. Choi.
米勒小姐 我想让你先听我说完
Miss Miller, I wanted you to hear me out first.
但有些事你应该知道
But there's something you should know.
我是今天早上撞到你儿子的那个人
I am the one that hit your son this morning.
什么 是你吗
What? It was you?
是的 对不起
Y-yes, I-I'm sorry.
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表