I knew...I had to go too.
我们19岁时
You see, we come here
一起从牙买♥♥加
together from Jamaica,
来到这里
19 years of age.
没有菲丽丝我活不下去
I can't live without my Phyllis.
如果科尔曼夫人是死于药物过量
So if Mrs. Coleman died of a drug overdose
而不是煤气中毒
and not gas poisoning,
那煤气泄漏是怎么回事
then what about the gas leak?
只是巧合吗
It was just a coincidence?
科尔曼医生为了保护诊所而制♥造♥了泄漏
Dr. Coleman created the leak to protect the clinic.
他不想让他们的死亡方式
He didn't want the way in which they died
对他们在社区所做的工作造成负面影响
to negatively impact the work they're doing in the community.
好吧
Wow. All right.
谢了 伙计们 接下来交给我吧
Well, thanks, guys. I'll take it from here.
等等 什么意思
Wait. What do you mean?
我会通知警署
I'll notify PD.
警署
Oh, PD?
什么 不
What? No.
诺亚 我必须这么做
Noah, I have to.
-也许我们可以 -什么
- Maybe we could, uh... - What?
把这事掩盖起来
Sweep this under the rug?
伙计们 他已经坦白了
Guys, we have a confession.
从法律角度看 这就是谋杀
And in the eyes of the law, this was murder.
这是协助自杀
It was assisted suicide.
她没有亲手把药放进自己嘴里就算不上
Not if she didn't put the pills in her own mouth.
但她无法自己吃药 她已经无行为能力了
But she couldn't. She was incapacitated.
这也意味着她无法同意他这么做
Which means she couldn't consent.
而且你知道协助自杀在伊利诺伊州是违法的
And besides, you know assisted suicide is illegal in Illinois.
对 但她确实同意他这么做了
Yeah, but she did consent.
她多年前就告诉过他这就是她想要的
She told him this is what she wanted years ago.
而且他们还考虑过搬到
And they even considered moving
协助自杀合法的州
to a state where it's legal.
我没有做出评判 我也没资格这么做
I'm not passing judgement. That's not my place.
但我必须保护我的员工
But I have to protect my staff.
如果我不把这件事上报
If I don't report this,
我们就是妨碍司法公正
we're obstructing justice.
拜托 这不是谋杀
Come on. This wasn't murder.
这是仁慈之举
It was an act of mercy.
对不起 诺亚
I'm sorry, Noah.
所以你和本已经...
So you and Ben have had--
你们的第一年经历颇丰
you're having quite a first year.
我是说收养了奥吉 现在又是新冠
I mean, taking in Auggie and then, now COVID.
事情还真不少
I mean, that's a lot.
其实我觉得这只会让我和本更亲密
Actually, I think it's only brought Ben and I closer.
那很好
Well, that's good.
好极了
I mean, that's great.
很抱歉 查尔斯医生
I am sorry, Dr. Charles.
很抱歉浪费你的时间
I'm sorry to be wasting your time,
但我觉得这面谈不适合我
but I don't think this is for me.
我是洛克伍德家的女人 我们能搞定一切
I'm a Lockwood woman. We handle things.
我们不会花很多时间坐下来...
We don't spend a lot of time sitting around and just...
谈谈你的感受
Talking about your feelings?
我爸爸读研究生时 我妈妈打两份工
My mom had two jobs when my dad was in grad school
同时还要养育三个孩子 还要照顾
also while raising three kids and caring for her parents,
她坐轮椅的父母
both of whom were wheelchair-bound.
真的
Really?
她真是位了不起的女人
That's a remarkable woman.
没错
She was.
小麦 我知道第一次面谈是强制的
Look, Mags, I know that this first one was mandatory.
但我就在这里
But I'm here.
倾诉一下没什么可丢人的
I mean, there's no shame in unloading.
-我总在倾诉 -谢谢
- I do it all the time. - Thanks.
我会记住这句话 查尔斯医生
I'll keep that in mind, Dr. Charles.
我能走了吗 医生
Am I dismissed, Doc?
我想确认一下急诊室没有着火
I wanna make sure the ED isn't on fire.
你可以走了
You are dismissed.
谢谢
Thanks.
为什么他总是这么顽固
Why does he always have to be such a hard-ass?
我是第一个在伊森过于死板的时候
Look, you know I'm the first one to give Ethan a hard time
难为他的人 但是...
when he's being too rigid but--
可别告诉我你站在他那边
Don't tell me you're on his side.
-没有 -我们只是让他睁一只眼闭一只眼
- No. - All we asked him to do was look the other way.
但他现在是主任
But now that he's chief,
我认为比你想象的要难
I think that's a bigger ask than you realize.
回头再聊
To be continued.
我看到了
Yep. I see it.
好
All right.
威尔
Hey, Will.
你拿到布克先生的检测结果了吗
Did you get Mr. Booker's test results back yet?
我拿到了
I did.
很遗憾 艾普尔 他心脏衰竭了
I'm sorry, April. He's in heart failure.
什么 怎么接踵而至啊
What? He cannot catch a break.
他先是扛过了新冠 现在又来了这个
First he beats COVID, now this?
事实上病毒有可能导致了
Well, truth is the virus may have actually caused,
或者说至少加重了他的病情
or at least exacerbated the problem.
你的临床试验呢
What about your clinical trial?
-能不能... -抱歉 我已经想到了
- Can-- - Yeah, sorry. I thought about that already.
不幸的是 布克先生的肌酐
Unfortunately, Mr. Booker's serum creatinine
正好在合格线下
is just above the eligibility cutoff.
他不能参与实验
Oh. He doesn't qualify.
感谢你能为他检查
Well, thank you for looking into it.
如果你不介意的话
If you don't mind,
我想跟你说个事
I'd like to break the news with you.
当然 我们走吧
Of course. Let's go.
曼宁医生
Dr. Manning?
安娜 你好啊
Anna? Hey.
欧文刚刚问起你的情况
Owen was just asking about you.
他想念照顾你的日子了
He misses having you babysit.
我也是
Yeah, me too.
听我说 我们能私下聊聊吗
Um, listen. Can we talk in private?
当然 我们上楼吧
Of course. Let's go upstairs.
你♥爸♥爸知道你来了吗
Does your dad know you're here?
不知道 我不太想让他知道
No, and um, I'd really like to keep it that way please.
好 我们走
Okay. Let's go.
好
Okay.
我能帮你点什么 安娜
How can I help you, Anna?
一切还好吗
Is everything okay?
你还好吗
Are you okay?
我没事 不是你想的那样
Yeah, I'm fine. There's nothing like that.
我没惹上麻烦之类的
I'm not in any kind of trouble or anything.
我只是...
I just, um...
我需要节育
I need birth control.
好
Okay.
介意我问问为什么这么隐秘吗
Do you mind if I ask why this is such a covert operation?
因为我妈妈
'Cause of my mom, really.
我跟她说过一次
I brought it up to her once,
她不假思索地拒绝了
and of course, she shut it right down.
她都不想让我交男朋友 更别提 你懂的
She doesn't even want me to have a boyfriend, much less, you know.
那你♥爸♥爸呢
But what about your dad?
我相信他知道你能负起责任来
I'm sure he'd be really happy
肯定会很开心的
to know you're being responsible.
不 我不想跟我爸谈这件事
No, I do not wanna talk about it with my dad.
我和我男朋友 已经准备好了
Me and boyfriend, we're ready.
我只想做好万全准备
You know, I just wanna be prepared.
听我说
Well, listen.
你想采取安全措施我觉得非常好
I think it is great that you wanna take precautions.
我很想帮你
And I do wanna help you.
你是不是打算说
Is this the part where you say
但你需要我父母的准许之类的
but you need my parents' permission or something?
不是
No.
但在我查看你的病史
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表