请不要告诉叶塞尼亚
Please don't tell Yesenia.
我不想让她担心
I don't want her to worry.
我在
Yes?
有什么事吗 霍斯特德医生
How can I help you, Dr. Halstead?
你愿意谈谈
Would you be willing to talk about
你和董事会是怎么决定让伊森当主任的吗
how you and the board decided on Ethan as Chief?
当然愿意
Sure.
我们看名单的时候
As we went through our list of names,
一直在想的一件事
the one thing we kept coming back to
就是崔医生的军队经历
was Dr. Choi's military experience.
他熟悉那种结构化系统
His familiarity with that sort of structured system,
尤其是对于胜任管理岗位来说...
especially when you're filling a managerial position--
我们认为这点能让他脱颖而出
We thought it put him over the top.
很有道理 但作为医生
Makes total sense, but as a doctor,
恕我直言 古德温女士 我更有经验
all due respect, Ms. Goodwin, I have more experience,
我更擅长诊断...
I'm a better diagnostician...
你很有天赋 霍斯特德医生 毫无疑问
Oh, you have a real talent, Dr. Halstead. No question.
我希望我能获得你们更慎重的考虑
I wish I would've been considered more seriously.
我在这里待的时间比任何人都长
I mean, I've been here longer than almost anyone.
在招聘这个岗位时
Well, there are a lot of other factors
还有很多其他的因素会产生影响
that come into play when you're making a hire like this.
但我输也要输个心服口服 所以是为什么
Well, the job should've been mine to lose, so why?
是因为艾什医生吗
Is it because of Dr. Asher?
因为我爱上了一个吸毒成瘾的人
Because I fell in love with someone struggling with drugs?
既然你提起了 其实与这件事无关
Well, since you bring it up, that didn't help.
有时你会做出非常糟糕的决定
You know, sometimes you make very poor decisions.
我承认 我过去犯过一些错误
I admit, I have made some mistakes in the past.
不是你做了什么
It's not what you've done,
而是你做的方式 霍斯特德医生
it's how you've done it, Dr. Halstead.
你很冲动 违反规则
You're impulsive, you break the rules,
你相信自己的直觉胜过其他一切
you trust your gut over everything and everyone else.
有时候这很有效
And hey, sometimes it works,
但这不是管理急诊室的方式
but it's just not the way to run an ED.
事实上
The truth is,
我根本没考虑过给你这个岗位
I didn't even consider you for this job.
我明白了
I understand.
谢谢你的坦诚
Thank you for your candor.
维诺尼医生
Dr. Virani.
维诺尼医生 等等
Dr. Virani, hold up.
你感觉如何
How you feeling?
还行
Okay.
多加了点冰块
Extra ice chips.
谢谢你
Oh, thank you.
你肯定吃了很多非甾体抗炎药
Well, you must've been popping a whole lot of NSAIDs.
我知道
I know.
我最近一直偏头痛
I've been getting migraines lately.
我记得你以前压力大的时候也会这样
I remember when you used to get those from stress.
比如我们去海德公园那次
Like the time we moved to Hyde Park.
是啊
Yeah.
是 搬家会让人压力很大
Yeah, moving can be stressful.
特别是搬到很远的地方 比如...
Especially long distances to say, someplace like--
比如亚利桑那州
like Arizona.
-你怎么知道的 -安娜看了你的一些邮件
- How did you know? - Anna saw some of your emails.
她一直在偷看我的电脑
She's been snooping in my computer?
你打算什么时候告诉我
When were you gonna tell me?
他们一直在说要把我调到凤♥凰♥城
Look, they've been talking about transferring me to Phoenix.
这是个很好的机会
It's a great opportunity.
你应该想带安娜一起去吧
I supposed you'd be wanting to take Anna with you.
如果真的去的话 没错
You know, if it happens, yes.
你觉得我做这个决定很容易吗
Do you think this is an easy decision for me?
-我就知道会这样 -那还能怎样
- I knew this was gonna go like this. - Well, what do you expect?
你要带我女儿去什么亚利桑那州
You're taking my daughter to Ari-freaking-zona.
丹 拜托 我们能...
Dan, please, can we--
介意我打断一下吗
Mind if I interrupt?
-没关系 -我正要走了
- No, that's perfect. - I was just leaving.
-照顾好自己 -好的
- Well, take care of yourself. - Okay.
-好吧 我们以后再谈 -好的
- All right, we'll talk some more. - Okay.
丹尼尔
Hey, Daniel.
抱歉 我不是故意掺和进来的
Sorry, man, I didn't mean to get in the middle of that.
-掺和什么 -我明白你的感受
- Middle of what? - Well, you know, I know what it's like.
我也有前妻
I got an ex myself.
-是啊 -恭喜
- Yeah. - Congratulations.
所以如果你需要找人聊聊...
So if you ever need someone to talk to...
我有空
I'm available.
-非常感谢 -我说真的
- I appreciate that. - Hey, I mean that.
不 真的感谢
No, really, I do.
可以吧 好了
Okay? All right.
刚从新冠病区过来
Just came from the COVID wing.
看到亚力杭德拉·克鲁兹
Saw Alejandra Cruz
和叶塞尼亚住对门
was admitted across the hall from Yesenia.
真不公平
It isn't fair.
我们只是...
We just...
一直在尽我们所能
have keep doing everything we can.
永远都不够
It's never enough.
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表