But after I take your medical history
测完你的血压之后
and your blood pressure,
我需要做些实验
I do need to run some lab work.
好
Okay.
这样会使用到你父母的保险
And that will trigger your parents' insurance.
别管了 算了
Never mind. Um, forget it.
我去想想别的办法
I'll just-- I'll figure something out.
没事的
It's fine.
安娜 等等 听我说
You know, Anna, Anna. Wait, look.
这是件大事
This is a big step.
但如果你确定的话
But if you're sure,
你确实需要安全措施
you do need protection.
我私下里做实验吧
So I'll run the labs off the record.
谢谢你 曼宁医生
Thank you, Dr. Manning.
远程办公有可能吗 苏珊
How about the possibility of working remotely, Susan?
我统领整个部门
I'm leading an entire department.
我必须在场
I have to be there in person.
丹尼尔 你呢
Daniel, what about you?
有没有可以让苏珊和安娜迈出这一步
Is there a custody arrangement you'd feel comfortable with
你又能接受的监管安排
that still allows Susan and Anna to make the move?
我不想妨碍安娜的正常学年
Look-- I'm not crazy about disrupting Anna's school year,
但真正的问题是见我的女儿
but, I mean, the real issue is seeing my daughter.
所以我们才商定
It's why we made an agreement
彼此住所的距离在160公里以内
to live within 100 miles of each other.
我理解
A-and I get that.
但人生无常
But life happens.
我不能放弃这份工作
I can't pass up this job.
那我的工作呢 根据我的工作安排
What about my job? I mean, with my schedule,
每两周飞过去一次
flying back and forth every other week,
是不可行的
it's not feasible.
前20年都以你的工作为主
It's been about your job for the last 20 years.
听着 选项很简单
Look, it comes down to a simple choice, right?
要么安娜与我一同搬走 要么你得到你想要的
Either Anna moves with me, or you get what you want,
同时成功地扰乱了我们的生活
and you successfully derail our lives.
我不想扰乱任何事 好吗
I'm not trying to derail anything, all right?
我们都能陪在安娜身边对她来说是最好的
It is in Anna's best interest to have us both around.
但说到底 丹尼尔
Yeah, but when it comes down to it, Daniel,
比起你来 安娜更需要我
Anna needs me more than she needs you.
我们只说客观事实 不提主观臆断
The facts only. Let's avoid opinions, please.
好
Okay. Okay.
事实是 苦活累活都是我一人承受
The fact is that I've been doing the heavy lifting
而他却不见踪影
when he's been MIA.
你什么时候才能收起这种
When are you gonna get tired
"游手好闲的父亲"的腔调
of beating this "Deadbeat dad" Drum?
我一直是安娜的生活中
I've always been a solid presence
坚实的后盾 你知道这一点
in Anna's life, and you know that.
我告诉你 丹尼尔
I'm telling you, Daniel.
如果你试图妨碍我
If you try to sabotage this for me,
你将会看到你不喜欢的我的那一面
you will see a side of me that you will not like.
那走着瞧吧
Oh, I will see.
果然
Classic.
得不到想要的 她就消失
Doesn't get what she wants, and she disappears.
她就这德行 明白吗
It's what she does. See?
同情那个老人
Feel for the old man.
我小的时候去过那家诊所
I actually went to that clinic when I was a kid.
所以现在怎么办
So what happens now?
我和州检察官有联♥系♥
I've been in contact with the state's attorney.
潜逃风险不是问题
Flight risk isn't a concern.
所以做你们需要为他做的事
So do what you need to do for him here.
但一旦他准备好出院
But once he's ready for discharge,
我们就得指控他了
we'll have to book him.
好吧
All right.
特丽妮 可以给我们几分钟吗
Hey, Trini. Mind giving us a sec?
我为警方的行为感到抱歉
I'm really sorry about the police.
如果这发生在我身上
If it had been up to me...
木已成舟
It is what it is.
这是工作的一部分 我明白
It's part of the job. I know that.
而且我
Also, I, um...
我想说句谢谢
I wanted to say thank you.
你是我成为医生的
You're actually a big part of the reason
很重要的原因
I became a doctor.
你的诊所有那种旅行帐篷
Your clinic had this, like, traveling tent
你在那边的公园里支起来的那些
you'd pitch in parks around the South Side?
每周六早上
Every Saturday morning.
有一天早上
One of those mornings,
我爸爸和我在踢足球
my dad and I were kicking around the soccer ball.
你劝他进来
And you managed to coax him inside.
他已经很多年没去看过医生了
He hadn't been to the doctor in years.
他的血压特别高
His blood pressure was sky high.
你让他保证会坚持看他的全科医生
You made him promise to follow up with his GP.
他们在他的肾上腺上
They found a pheochromocytoma
发现了一个嗜铬细胞瘤
in his adrenal gland.
如果你没有给他定这个规矩
If you hadn't have gotten that cuff on him...
你对我过誉了
You give me far too much credit.
没有
No.
你的诊所 拯救了很多人
Your clinic? It saved a lot of lives.
这一切要归功于
All praises go
我的菲丽斯
to my Phyllis.
菲丽丝放弃了一切
Phyllis gave up everything
所以她能帮我建起诊所
so that she could help build it with me.
我只希望我能履行我的承诺
I only wish I could've held up my end of the bargain.
什么意思
What do you mean?
你为她做的一切 很勇敢
What you did for her, it took courage--
我是个懦夫
I was a coward!
我无法放开她
I couldn't let her go
即使我知道是时候了
even when I knew it was time.
我猜这是我的报应
I guess this is my punishment--
没有她的生活
My living without her.
你来了
There you are.
所以"等等"变成了"可以"吗
So has that "We'll see" Turned into a "Yes" Yet?
我很抱歉 克罗特
I'm sorry, Crockett.
我觉得今晚不行
I don't think tonight's gonna work.
我做错什么了吗
Did I do something wrong?
没有
No.
真的吗
You sure?
因为现在我能明显感觉到
'Cause now I'm getting the distinct vibe
你想甩掉我
that you're blowing me off.
不 抱歉
No. I'm sorry.
我不是那个意思
I don't mean it that way.
我只是需要空间来思考一些事情
I think I just need a little space to think about some things.
好
Okay.
威尔
Will.
好消息
Great news.
我查看了布克先生的病历
I looked into Mr. Booker's medical records,
他的血清肌酸酐一直很高
and it turns out he's always had high serum creatinine
但没有表现出肝功能衰竭或
but never showed any signs
疾病的任何体征
of reduced kidney function or disease.
那是他自然生理机能的一部分
And it's part of his natural physiology?
有证据充分证明
Well, it's well-documented
黑人的血清肌酸酐普遍偏高
that Black men often have higher serum creatinine
即使他们的肝功能是完全正常的
even when their kidneys are functioning perfectly normally.
这说明他们不应该将他排除在
Which means that they shouldn't preclude him
临床试验之外
from joining the clinical trial.
你并没有很高兴
You're not jumping for joy.
听着 艾普尔
Listen, April.
排除标准没那么灵活
The exclusion criteria aren't exactly flexible.
为什么不
Why not?
标准的设计是为了保护参与者
The criteria are designed to protect the participants
预防副作用
and prevent any adverse effects.
如果布克先生的肝功能正常
If Mr. Booker's kidneys are functioning normally,
他的风险不会比别人♥大♥
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表