Oh, well, if it's a moon,...
哦,如果是个卫星,...
go ahead, do whatever you want(!) What could happen?
去做你要做的事吧,怎么了?
Colonel, this outpost has been up and running for six weeks...
上校, 这个前哨站已经设立了6周了
without the slightest hint of anything remotely dangerous.
一直没有发现有丝毫危险的迹象.
You can explore the caves once they've been checked out.
等他们检查完后你们就可以去探索那些 洞穴了
Any more pressing matters?
还有什么急事吗?
None whatsoever.
一点也没有
Oh, yeah?
哦,好..
Beautiful, isn't it? Major Carter.
很美,不是吗? 卡特少校.
At ease, Cadet.
放松点,学员.
Getting in a little extra lab time?
你有空吗?
Yes, ma'am.
是的.
I wanted to talk to you about the paper you did for Professor Monroe.
我想和你谈谈你写给门罗教授的学期论文.
"Towards a New Cosmology of Multiple Realities."
"面向多♥维♥实体的新宇宙论"
It's an interesting topic. Professor Monroe gave me a D.
是个有趣的题目. 门罗教授给我的成绩是D.
Because it wasn't the assignment.
因为这不是你的课题安排.
Permission to speak freely, ma'am?
可以实话实说吗,长官?
The assignment was lame.
那个研究课题无聊透顶
Maybe it was, but it was the assignment.
也许,但这是你的课题.
Did you read it anyway? Matter of fact, I did.
你读过论文了吗? 事实上,我读过了.
It's intriguing. The same word Professor Monroe used.
很有意思. 和门罗教授说的一样.
Maybe because that's what it is: an intriguing idea.
或许因为的确如此.
But it's based on too many unfounded assumptions
有意思的想法,可要证明一个理论
to make a valid theory.
就不能基于太多未证实的假设之上
For example, you assume that
举个例子,你设想
matter can travel both ways through an open wormhole.
物质可以通过打开的虫洞双向传输
So? So how do you know?
怎么了? 你怎么能知道呢?
Until somebody shows me a wormhole that can only go one way...
除非有人能展示给我看一个真正的 虫洞只能单向传输
That's not the point. You made an assumption.
这不是问题的关键,这只是设想
What about your assumption, Major?
那你的设想呢,少校?
That you're right and I'm wrong?
你是对的而我就是错的.
That paper is way, way beyond anything
学员,这篇论文的范畴远远超出了
you're likely to be taught at the academy.
你可能会在学校里学到的东西.
And if you want points for it, hey, we're all impressed.
如果你要让我来评定,这篇论文的确给 我们留下了深刻的印象
It doesn't mean you don't do the assignment.
可并不意味着你不用做你的课题研究.
I'm late for a class, ma'am.
我上课要迟到了,长官.
Am I dismissed?
我可以走了吗?
Yes.
可以.
Hamilton.
汉密尔顿?
Colonel O'Neill. How are the caves?
欧尼尔上校.洞穴里情形如何?
Dark. No subterranean monsters, I assume?
很黑. 我猜没有地底怪物吧?
Not this time.
这次没发现.
Go ahead and do your survey.
去做你的勘察工作吧.
Thank you.
谢谢.
You are disappointed we found nothing.
我们没发现什么,你似乎很失望,欧尼尔.
No, it's just... I wanted him to be wrong.
不, 只是... 我希望他错了.
Just so he'd... be wrong.
只是希望他...错了.
And if he was wrong, we'd have something to do.
如果他错了,我们就有事可做了.
I see. (tonal buzzing)
我明白.
Did you hear somethin'?
你听到什么吗?
Indeed.
是的.
(tonal buzzing continues)
(音调连续嗡嗡作响)
I have never before encountered anything like it.
我从没遇到过这样的东西.
Cool.
酷.
I didn't realise you were still here.
我没想到你还在这儿.
I wanted to talk to you about Cadet Hailey's paper.
我想和你谈谈学员海莉的论文.
Sam... Look, at first I agreed with you.
山姆... 首先, 我同意你的观点.
It just didn't add up. But something about it kept nagging at me.
论文的前后不一致.但是论文里有些 东西不断困扰着我.
I finally figured out what it was.
我终于知道是什么了.
The equations don't work
这些方程式毫无意义,
unless you allow for variations in the speed of light.
除非考虑到光速会变化.
Which is a universal constant.
光速是恒定的.
Not if the frame of reference includes multiple universes.
如果将之扩展到多♥维♥宇宙的范畴,光速 并不是恒定的
That's where this paper comes in. I think, without even realising it,...
这就是这篇论文的出发点. 我想即便没意识到这点.
Cadet Hailey intuitively arrived at
海莉学员也跟随内心的直觉踏上了
a whole new way of looking at cosmology.
参悟宇宙的全新旅途
Under certain special circumstances,...
在某种特定的情况下...
what we would see as an effect preceding a cause
我们认为是在"因"之前看到的"果"
would in fact be an effect following a cause... in a parallel reality.
其实是在另一个平行现实中的"因"产生的"果"
That's assuming that parallel realities occasionally overlap.
这是基于平行现实偶尔会交迭的假设之上.
I'm fairly confident that that's the case. Really? Why?
我相信有这样的可能. 真的?为什么?
I know she's got to you,
我知道她和你谈过话,
but I think you're trying to see something that isn't there.
可你正在试图去发现根本不存在的东西
All right. Even if this theory ultimately proves to be incorrect,...
好吧.即使这个理论最终被证明是错误的
you have to admit that it's a brilliant insight.
你也不得不承认这是了不起的见地.
Jennifer Hailey is no longer our problem.
詹尼弗 海莉不会再带来麻烦了.
What do you mean? She got into a fight with another cadet.
什么意思? 她今天早上和另外一个学员打架.
As fond as General Kerrigan is of her, he'll have to expel her.
虽然凯瑞甘将军很喜欢她, 他也不得不开除她.
Are you sure this is such a good idea?
你确信这是个好主意?
I didn't come across the galaxy...
我又没有中途穿越星系..
to wait for permission to do my job. Colonel O'Neill
去等着批准我的工作 - 可欧尼尔 上校
He doesn't have a clue what we're trying to accomplish.
欧尼尔上校根本不知道我们要做些什么.
He's too busy polishing his M-16.
他只顾着擦他的M-16.
Actually, it's a P-90.
事实上这是P-90.
You boys goin' somewhere?
你们想出去?
Yes, we... we're gonna go see if we can find
啊,是的..我们要去看看能否找到
that creature you encountered.
你们遇到的那种生物
Apparently you didn't hear me the first time I told you -
显然你把我说的话当耳边风了
clearly and in no uncertain terms - not the heck yet.
我说的很明确,没有含糊不清的地方 不是信口开河
You know, if your description is correct, we're talkin' about something...
如果你所说的是真的,那可是一种..
that can pass through solid matter.
能穿过固体的生物.
Yes. And therefore, logically, we'd have no defence against it.
没错,所以理论上我们根本无法防范它
Typical military thinking.
典型的军人思维.
You encounter something you don't understand, you assume it's a threat.
遇见自己无法理解的事物,就立即 认为是威胁
Well... until we determine there is no threat,...
等到我们确认没威胁再说
l will assume there is one.
我还是认为它有威胁.
Do we have a problem here? Colonel, with all due respect, really,...
有什么问题吗? 上校, 我很尊敬你, 真的...
when I agreed to this assignment,
当我接受这个任务的时候,
I was under the impression that I was in charge.
我还以为该由我来主管这里的事
You are in charge. Of the other scientists.
你负责主管...其他的科学家
That you even think you're qualified to decide what we can and can't do...
你甚至觉得你有资格来来决定我们该做 什么不该做什么...
Colonel O'Neill is indeed qualified, Dr Hamilton,
欧尼尔上校的确有这个资格, 汉密尔顿博士
having encountered many alien species since long before you were born.
他遇到过许多种外星生物,我更是在你出生很久以前就遇见过了
I strongly suggest you do what Colonel O'Neill says.
我强烈建议你按照欧尼尔上校的话去做
Thank you, Rocco.
谢谢你,罗科.
Boys, we'll be in touch.
小伙子们,过会儿联络.
Cadet Hailey was helping to train an underclassman named Chloe Brown,
海莉学员当时正在帮助训练一个叫克洛伊 布朗的新生
who's been having problems with her physical fitness tests.
她的身体素质测试有点问题
One of the cadre made a derogatory comment about the young lady.
有个学员嘲笑了这位年轻的小姐.
Cadet Hailey told him to knock it off. And when he didn't?
海莉学员要他停下来. 而他没停下来?
She broke his nose. She what?
她打破了他的鼻子. 她什么?
I can't let that go. I don't give a damn how smart she is.
我不能让这事就这么算了,不管她有多聪明
She was defending a fellow classmate. I know.
她在维护她的同学. 我知道.
I'm not asking for her to go unpunished, sir,...
我不是想让您免除对她的惩罚, 长官,...
but if she's even half as brilliant as I think she is,
可即使她只有我所想象的一半聪明
we don't wanna lose her.
我们也不想失去她.
We're not here to advance theoretical physics, but to defend this country.
我们可不是在这里发展理论物理学 我们是在保卫这个国家.
I understand that, sir, but they're not mutually exclusive goals.
我知道, 长官, 但两者并没有冲突.
Can I assume you're referring
我可不可以假设你
to your research project at Cheyenne Mountain?
是在指你们在夏延山的研究项目吗?
You can. Deepspace radar analysis, is it?
可以这么说. 外太空雷达分♥析♥,是吗?
Something like that, sir, yes.
差不多,是的,长官.
Mm.
嗯.
Well, I don't know what it really is
我不知道你究竟
you're working on inside that mountain,...
在那座山里做什么
but I do know if you've got something to do with it,
但我肯定如果你参与了该项目,
then it's high priority.
那一定是具有高优先权的事
Well, thank you, sir. It is. And believe me when I tell you...
谢谢长官,确实是. 请相信我...
that Cadet Hailey is exactly the kind of person we need.
海莉学员正是我们需要的人才
She'll have to be punished. As she should be, sir.
她必须接受处罚. 她应该被处罚.长官
剧集 | 星际之门 SG-1(1997) | 导航列表