(Hammond) Come in. General.
进来 将军
I'd like to talk to you about this mission upon
我想和你讨论一下
which we're about to embark.
马上要去执行的任务
It seems... a bit ridiculous, doesn't it?
这似乎有点荒唐,不是吗?
Have you met General Ryan?
你见过赖安将军吗?
Hello, Colonel.
你好,上校.
The General Ryan? Chief of Staff?
赖安将军?空军司令?
That's right.
没错.
Shouldn't there have been a memo or something?
总该通知我们吧?.
You were off world.
你们那会儿在其他世界.
Yeah.
啊,没错.
So, what brings you to our little secret base, sir?
是什么风把您吹到这个小小秘密基地 来的呢?长官
That would be the ridiculous mission you just mentioned.
应该是你刚刚提到的荒唐的任务.
Of course. I'm proposing that M4C862 become...
当然... 我正计划将M4C862建成...
a permanent research station. I'd like you to make an assessment.
一个永久性的研究工作站. 我希望你能对其进行评估.
The General Ryan? I've read a lot about you, Colonel.
赖安将军? 我读过很多关于你的事,上校.
In General Hammond's reports.
在哈蒙德将军的报告里.
Yes, sir? Thus far we like your work.
是吗?长官 到目前为止,你干得不错.
Thank you, sir. I like yours.
谢谢长官,您的工作很出色.
Your air force. The air force.
您的空军. 空军
I love the air force.
我热爱空军.
Anything else, Colonel?
还有别的事吗?上校
No, sir. Well, actually, I'd like to know
没有了,长官. 只是我想知道
how Daniel and Carter got out of this...
为什么丹尼尔和卡特会缺席这个...
very important mission.
非常重要的任务.
Dr Jackson is off world with SG-1 1 .
杰克森博士已经和SG-11到外部世界去了.
Major Carter's giving a lecture
卡特少校正在空军学院里
at the academy in theoretical astrophysics.
做理论天体物理学讲座.
If you'd care to take her place...
如果你愿意代替她...?
No.
不
Then you're dismissed. Thank you, sir.
那好,解散 谢谢长官.
Sirs. Both of you.
长官们...两位长官
Got your hands full with that one, eh, George?
这家伙够你手忙脚乱的,嗯,乔治?
So, as a result of these modular functions,...
所以这些模函数的结果就是...
the unwanted variables are always expressed as multiples of N minus ten.
这些多余的变量总是以(N-10)的倍数来表示.
Therefore, if we assume the existence of ten dimensions in space-time,...
所以如果我们假设存在十维时空
the variables are cancelled out and the calculations begin to make sense.
这些变量就被消去,其计算就有意义了.
Excuse me, ma'am. Did you say ten dimensions?
提个问题,长官.你刚才是说10维吗?
Yes, I did.
是的.
Look, I realise these concepts are a little bizarre,...
我知道这些概念很抽象
and that many of you would rather be somewhere else:
而你们大多数人更乐意去其他地方
jump school, flight training... Believe me, I know.
跳跃训练,飞行训练,我能理解
I used to sit in those chairs and listen to the same boring lectures.
我也曾坐在下面听着这些乏味的讲座.
No offence, Professor.
没有冒犯的意思,教授.
But the aerodynamics that are one day
但换个角度来看,
going to allow you to fly an F-22
让你们得以驾驶一架F-22的空气动力学
started out as squiggles on a board just like this one.
也是由类似这样在黑板上的涂鸦起步的.
These calculations are the key to opening up the entire universe.
这些计算是打开宇宙之门的钥匙.
Wormholes and hyperspace may seem like science fiction,...
虫洞和多♥维♥空间听起来像是科学幻想小说
but take my word for it: the future is a lot closer than you might think.
但请相信我, 未来比你们想象的更近.
Guess that wasn't so bad.
我猜这还不算太糟吧
No, no. You actually made the topological configuration
不, 不,你实际上构造了一个
of multiple dimension seem interesting.
多♥维♥的拓扑结构,看起来很有趣
This is wrong.
这不对.
What's that, Cadet?
怎么回事,学员?
I'm sorry, sir, but the calculations are incorrect.
对不起,长官, 但这些计算是错误的.
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but wait until you graduate...
我很欣赏你的积极参与, 但或许你该 等到毕业以后
before you criticise the work of a leader in the field of astrophysics.
再来对一个天体物理学领域中的学术 带头人的研究吹毛求疵
Yes, sir, of course.
是,长官,当然.
My apologies, ma'am.
很抱歉,长官.
Who was that?
她是谁?
Jennifer Hailey.
詹尼弗 海莉.
Very intelligent, but... difficult personality.
非常聪明,但...很难相处.
Well, she's right.
她是对的.
Really? These variables should be reversed.
真的? 这些变量应该上下颠倒一下.
I didn't even notice. Neither did l.
我都没注意到. 我也是.
Stargate.SG1-s04e19.Prodigy
第四季第19集 天才学员
Colonel. (O'Neill) Major. Report?
上校. 少校,报告情况?
We've had a pretty thrilling week!
我们可真是度过了恐怖的一周
Two days ago Dr Thompson lost his glasses,...
两天前,汤普森博士丢了他的眼镜
and just this morning the electron microscope broke down.
就在今天早上电子显微镜也坏了.
Wow. Yeah.
哇 是的
Nonstop excitement.
一刻都不得安生
Well, we'll take it from here. You're relieved.
我们会处理一切的,你该换班了
Yes, sir. Major Griff?
是,长官 格里夫少校!
Dr Hamilton.
汉密尔顿博士
Do you realise we still haven't received
你有没有发现我们还没有收到
those parts for the backup generator?
备用发电机的配件?
I put the requisition in three days ago.
我3天前就申请了.
Well, that's just not good enough.
这可远远不够.
We obviously need to have a serious talk about our supply procedure.
显然我们需要认真讨论一下我们的 补给程序.
Well, unfortunately, Doctor, I've just been relieved, but...
不幸的是,博士,我已经换班了,不过...
l'm sure Colonel O'Neill would love to discuss it with you.
我相信欧尼尔上校会乐意和你 讨论此事的.
Love is the word.
真是"乐意"啊.
Colonel O'Neill, is it?
欧尼尔上校,是吗?
I don't know if this is a military thing generally
我不知道是否军事项目通常就是这样
or Major Griff's incompetence,
或者是格里夫少校的能力不够,
but I can't get anything I ask for.
可我似乎无法得到需要的一切东西
(knocking) Come.
(敲门)进来
Samantha. Sam. Good to see you again.
萨曼莎!山姆!真高兴再见到你.
Come in. Sit down, sit down.
请进,请坐,请坐
It's good to see you too, sir. Thank you.
我也很高兴再次见到你,长官.谢谢
Well, well, well. So, how was the lecture?
那么...讲座怎么样?
Well, no one fell asleep.
不错, 没有人睡着.
Very impressive. Thank you, sir.
真令人吃惊. 谢谢你,长官.
I did have an interesting encounter
我确实遇到了一个
with one of your cadets. Jennifer Hailey.
有意思的学员詹尼弗 海莉.
Caught your eye, did she? I thought she might.
她引起了你的注意,是吗? 我早就觉得有这个可能.
She pointed out a mistake in an equation that
她指出了一个复杂方程式中的一处错误
changed the result completely.
彻底推♥翻♥了原来的结果.
I couldn't believe it. Here. Give this a read.
我几乎不敢相信 这个,你看看.
Once you brush the chip off her shoulder,...
如果你能改掉她的瑕疵
she reminds me of another bright cadet who came here a few years back.
她让我想起了几年前来这里的另一个 聪明的年轻学员
I've no idea who you're talking about, sir.
我不知道你说的是谁,长官
Cadet Hailey is a very smart young woman.
海莉是个非常聪明的女生.
Her SATs were through the roof
她的SAT成绩是顶尖的,
even higher than yours.
甚至比你的都高 (注:SAT,美国高中入大学考试,类似高考)
Unfortunately, she's sometimes too smart for her own damn good.
不幸的是有时候她聪明过头了.
Professor Monroe said she has discipline problems.
门罗教授说她不太守纪律.
The kid's bored. Came here for a challenge, but it's not enough for her.
这孩子觉得无聊了,就来这里寻求挑战 可她还是觉得不够
Not enough? This is just the beginning of her career.
不够?这只是她人生的起步阶段
How could she know what's ahead?
她怎么会知道未来要面对什么?
I know, but she doesn't see it, Sam.
我知道,可她还没意识到,山姆.
Don't get me wrong. I see her potential.
别误会我的意思,我看到她的潜力了.
Her physical skills are terrific, despite her size.
她的体能训练很出色,虽然块头不大
She's an expert marksman, a superb glider pilot.
她是个神枪手,也是个很棒的滑翔机驾驶员
But that's not all there is to becoming an officer.
可要成为一个空军军官这还不够
If she keeps insisting on doing things her way...
如果她坚持我行我素,那么...
I'd like to talk to her, sir, if that's OK.
我想和她谈谈,长官,可以吗?
I was hoping you'd say that.
就等你说这句话呢.
Who said that? He did.
谁说的? 他说的.
Oh, for...
哦...
Colonel O'Neill?
欧尼尔上校?
Dr Lee tells me you've denied our request
李博士告诉我,
to conduct a survey of the cave network.
你不同意我们去勘测那些洞穴群
No. I just asked him to wait until I could have a chance to check it out.
不,我只是让他等我有机会去检查之后再说
With no regard for our timetable. None whatsoever.
这样做是不尊重我们的进度安排. 一点也没有.
Colonel, what exactly do you expect to find in there?
上校,你究竟想在那里找到什么?
Look, Doctor, this is another planet.
听着,博士,这是个我们不熟悉的行星.
Actually, it's a moon. We're orbiting that gas giant.
事实上这是个卫星. 我们正在那个气体巨星的轨道上运转
剧集 | 星际之门 SG-1(1997) | 导航列表