我尽快赶来了
I just came as fast as I could.
惠勒先生 我很抱歉
Oh, Mr. Wheeler, I'm sorry.
我让您自己待会
I'll give you some time.
他为什么这么做
Why did he do it?
即使他陷入麻烦了 为什么这么做
Even if he was having trouble, why?
我不知道
I don't know.
你见过杰森变的那个魔术吗
Did you ever see Jason do that trick
你抽出一张牌
where you pull a card out of the deck,
结果那张牌跑到他的口袋里去了
and it turns out it's in his pocket?
见过 当他还是个孩子的时候
Yeah. When he was a kid.
我见他做过一次
Yeah. I saw him do it once
在儿科肿瘤病房♥
up on the pediatric oncology ward.
我猜他过去经常一周去几次
I guess he used to go up there a couple times a week
给孩子们变魔术
to do magic for the kids.
天啊 他们喜欢极了
And oh, man, did they love it.
他还变过这样的魔术 把柠檬从他的耳朵里拿出来
He did this thing where he would pull a lemon out of his ear,
然后从一个孩子的耳朵里拿出来
and then out of one of the kids' ears,
再从另一个孩子的耳朵里拿出来
and then out of another,
他们就在地上打滚
and they'd be rolling on the ground.
一天中只有这十分钟 他们不用想
Just ten minutes in their day where they didn't have to think
他们得了多么糟糕的病
about whatever terrible illness they had.
我不是很了解您的儿子
I didn't know your son very well.
我见过来这的很多医生
And I've seen a lot of doctors come through here.
他是一个优秀的医生
He would've been a good one.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们不知道
We had no idea.
看起来像是他一直把自己的想法和感受藏在心里
It seems like he's been harboring thoughts and feelings
他不擅长表达
that he wasn't comfortable expressing,
他的身体找到了一种方式来替他来表达
and his body found a way to express them for him.
所以他不是真的瘫痪了吗
So he wasn't actually paralyzed?
不是 但是他却有这样的症状
No. But he was experiencing real symptoms.
所以我们叫其转化障碍
It's why we call it a conversion disorder.
是一种心理欲望的物理表现
It's the physical manifestation of a psychological desire.
欲望 听起来像是你觉得
Desire? Sounds like you're saying
他想要瘫痪似的
he wanted to be paralyzed.
我的意思是他不想动
I'm saying he didn't want to move.
他的潜意识认为
And his subconscious decided
得了严重的疾病就可以
that having a serious medical condition might be
-不动了 -听起来很疯狂
- a good way to accomplish that. - That sounds crazy.
疯狂 并不 但是的确很复杂
Crazy, no. Complicated, sure.
但是如果你整体想一下
But if you think about it as a whole,
这是对棘手的情况的
an understandable response to what must have seemed
合理的反应
like an impossible situation.
要离开一个人 一个他不能告诉你们的人
I mean, having to leave somebody that he couldn't tell you about,
一个对他来说有着强烈感情的人
somebody for whom he had very strong feelings.
但是如果他那么沮丧的话
But if he was so upset,
为什么看起来他并不关心自己瘫痪的事呢
why didn't he seem to care about being paralyzed?
区别化只是症状的一部分
Compartmentalization is just part of the condition.
但是相信我 你们的儿子是在意的
But trust me: your son cares.
他非常在意
I mean, he cares a great deal.
安全起见 我们准备让他
Just to be safe, we'd like to observe him
留院察看一晚
in the hospital overnight.
也许对于你们三个来说
Then probably a good idea for the three of you
坐下聊聊是个好主意
to sit down and have a talk.
他们在楼上为他准备了房♥间
They're getting a room for him upstairs.
等准备好了我告诉你们
I'll let you know when it's ready.
谢谢
Thank you.
该死
Damn.
关于感情有趣的是
The funny thing about feelings:
我们觉得如果我们狠狠地压制住自己的感情
you know, we think that if we push them down hard enough,
他们就会消失
that they'll disappear.
从来都不是那样的
Never quite works out that way.
我差点害死他
I could've killed him.
你并没有
Yeah, well, you didn't.
谢莉尔
Cheryl?
谢莉尔 我一直看着他
Cheryl, I was watching him every second,
然后本打电♥话♥来问了件事
and then Ben called about this thing,
我得在我电♥话♥上查一下
and I had to look it up on my phone.
我知道你的视线从来没有从孩子身上离开过
And I know you never take your eyes off the kids for a minute,
而我一直在工作
and I'm always working,
你是个比我称职得多的家长
and you're a far better parent than I am.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
我不知道还能说些什么
I don't know what else to tell you.
我真的很抱歉
I'm just so sorry.
我替你一会
I'm tagging you out.
休息室里有个沙发是空着的
There's a couch in the lounge that's free.
我20分钟后叫你
I'll grab you in 20.
谢谢
Thanks.
我还有点事要做
There's something else I have to do.
我很抱歉之前
Listen, I'm sorry about earlier,
就那么走了
going off on you like that.
-好吧 -但是
- Okay. - But--
但是什么
But what?
我知道你因为流产那件事还在怪我
I know that you blame me for the miscarriage.
-艾普尔 -不 承认吧
- April-- - No. Admit it.
无论我跟你说多少次
No matter how many times you're told
那和我的工作没有关系
that my working had nothing to do with it,
你...你就是不肯放下这件事
you just--you won't let it go.
但其实不止如此
But it's bigger than that.
一年前你就让我辞职了
You would've had me quit my job a year ago,
那时候我还没怀孕
before I was even pregnant.
你想要的女人不是我这样的
You want a different kind of woman.
我想要你
I want you.
我爱你
I love you.
我只是想象了一种不同的生活
I just imagined a different kind of life.
我知道
I know.
希望你找到你想要的一切
I hope you find everything you want.
你也是 你也是
You too. You too.
人的思想真是厉害 对吧
Amazing what the mind can do, isn't it?
那是当然 我就靠这个养家糊口
Keeps me employed. That's for sure.
其实维勒...
You know, Wheeler--
可能发生那种事不是我的错
maybe what happened wasn't my fault,
但我没有帮忙
but I didn't help.
我也是
Hey, join the club.
这很重要 帮助别人是...
Look, not for nothing, helping people is just--
是世界上最难的工作了
just about the hardest job there is.
你已经做了...二三十年了吧
You've been doing it--what? 25, 30...
多少年
several years?
你的秘诀是什么
What--what's the secret?
我还在寻找
Well, I'm still looking for that,
不过如果要我说 我觉得重要的是
but if I had to guess, I'd say it had something to do with,
你要一直出现
you know, just keep showing up,
一直做你的工作 一步一个脚印
keep doing your job, put one foot in front of the other,
因为你这里开始混乱的时候
'cause when you start to get all tangled up in here,
那就是...它可以让你瘫痪的时候
you know, that's when, I mean, it can just paralyze you.
对
Yeah.
不过 我还要过一段时间才能再睡着
Still, it's gonna be a while before I can sleep again.
霍斯特德医生
Dr. Halstead?
还好我们医院有你
I think we're lucky to have you here.
你继续努力
You keep up the good work.
他好像醒了
Hey. I think he's waking up.
-伙计 -达斯汀
- Hey, buddy. - Dustin!
他想呼吸 等一下 达斯汀
He's trying to breath. Hang on, Dustin.
我们马上把管子拆下来 好吗
We're gonna take this tube out, okay?
坚持一下 伙计
Hang in there, buddy.
我们来帮你 好吗
We're right here, buddy, okay?
我们帮你取下来
We'll take this out.
-达斯汀 -能听到我们说话吗
- Dustin? - Can you hear us, buddy? Hey.
好了
There we go.
-好了 亲爱的 -达斯汀
- All right, sweetheart. - Dustin!
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表