Okay. I-I will leave you to it.
如果你在经历地狱 一定要坚持
If you're going through hell, keep going.
你不是一直这么教我吗
Isn't that what you always taught me?
严格来说那是温斯顿·丘吉尔说的 但是...
Well, technically it was Winston Churchill, but--
那句话一直对我很受用
Well, still, it's never let me down.
好
Good.
妈妈
Mom.
你要把梅根
You're recommending Meghan
推荐给医院的移植委员会
to the hospital's Transplant Committee.
为什么你改变了想法
Well, what happened?
如果你真想知道
Well, if you must know,
是我的一个下属
a member of my junior staff
让我注意到了一个事实
drew my attention to the fact that, um,
我太专注于她承受的风险
I was so focused on her risk factors
所以忽略了一个我已故的弟弟
that I was blind to the one personality trait
没有的人格特点
that my late brother did not have.
什么
What?
毅力
Grit.
一个人在障碍面前
One's ability to persevere
坚持的能力 这也是明确的临床原因
in the face of obstacles-a clean clinical reason.
虽然压力还在
I mean, the stressors are still there,
未来的一些重大挑战也在
as are significant future challenges,
但是我觉得是她的决心
but I like to think that the determination
让她平安度过了三年
that's kept her clean the past three years
这也会继续帮她走以后的路
is gonna help her go the distance.
是什么让你想到了毅力
What made you think of grit?
父亲的天性
Fatherhood.
今天很难熬啊
Rough one today, huh?
这么说真委婉
To say the least.
你不要压力更大
Well, not to pile on,
但是斯托尔医生刚通知我 他想用你的病例
but Dr. Stohl just informed me that he'd like to use your case
作为下一♥期♥《发病率与死亡率评论》的主题
for the next Morbidity and Mortality Review,
追踪你的治疗步骤
trace your steps.
发到《评论》上 天啊
An M&M? Oh, my God.
这不是责难你 只是为了帮助
Well, it's not an inquisition. It's just a learning tool
医务人员学习
for the medical staff.
你告诉斯托尔医生的吗
You tell Dr. Stohl that?
好吧 晚安
Okay, night.
好 晚安
All righty. Good night.
又怎么了
What now?
你不能把我也赶出这里
Can't kick me out of here too.
我不是来赶你的
I'm not here to do that.
我在想
I was thinking
我们没有开个好头
we got off to a rough start.
让我补偿你吧
Let me make it up to you.
两杯啤酒 记在我账上
Two beers. My tab.
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表