剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
maybe an hour or so,
也许差不多一个小时吧,
and then I left.
然后我就走了。
YOUNG: After an hour or so?
大约一小时后?
DR. COCHRAN: Yes.
对。
It was on my way home that I first saw her.
我是在回家的路上第一次看到她的。
Saw who?
看到谁?
Her.
她。
She was going into her apartment building.
她正走进她的公♥寓♥楼。
YOUNG: Wait a second.
等等。
You also saw Ms. Fairbanks that night?
那天晚上你也看到Fairbanks女士了?
Yes.
是的。
YOUNG: You didn't tell me this.
你没有跟我说过这些。
Well, it's a little difficult to just come out
嗯,说出这样的事来不太容易。
with something like that.
嗯,说出这样的事来不太容易。
I'm still not sure I can.
我到现在还是说不好我能不能。
Come out with what?
说出什么?
That it was me.
是我。
That I was the one who raped her.
是我强♥奸♥了他。
Your Honor.
法官大人。
WHITE: We're gonna take a short recess.
我们休庭一会儿。
Counsel, chambers.
律师,到内庭来。
What? You think I knew that was coming?
咋了?你们觉得我事先知道?
What exactly did he tell you he planned to say?
他到底跟你说了他打算说什么了吗?
Just that he was with his brother.
他只说他跟他哥哥在一起。
Obviously, he didn't tell me what he really planned to say
他当然没有跟我说他打算在庭上说什么,
because he feared I wouldn't put him up there
因为他怕我知道的话,不会让他出庭作证。
if I knew.
因为他怕我知道的话,不会让他出庭作证。
GAMBLE: You have to call a mistrial.
你必须宣布无效审判。
Double jeopardy. He'll... GAMBLE: Not when
- 那就是一罪不二审,他将。。。
- 如果是因辩方行为不当导致的就不是了。
it's defense misconduct.
- 那就是一罪不二审,他将。。。
- 如果是因辩方行为不当导致的就不是了。
We didn't know.
我们真不知道。
Mr. Young, if I find out you orchestrated this...
Young先生,如果我发现是你策划的这个。。。
Come on.
别扯了。
It doesn't even help us.
这样做根本也帮不到我们。
Talk about him having no credibility before.
我们之前讨论过他是不可靠的。
Ms. Gamble, you can either cross him now
Gamble女士,你要么现在就对他交叉盘问。
or I'll continue the case and let you investigate.
要么我推迟庭审让你有时间去进行调查。
Your call.
你来决定吧。
I'd like to be able to argue
我要求在交叉盘问中能指出
that the defendant was facing the 3-strike law.
被告正面临着惯犯罪的量刑条例。
What? GAMBLE: Goes to bias.
- 什么?
- 为了引证出其意愿动机。
It explains why his brother would lie for him
这可以解释为什么他弟弟会为他撒谎,
since he's facing life imprisonment.
因为他面临终身监禁。
I can't let you argue that, Ms. Gamble,
我不能允许你提出这些来,Gamble女士,
and you know it.
这一点你是清楚的。
GAMBLE: So you just drove by, saw the victim, and raped her?
那么你就是开车路过,看到了受害人,然后强♥奸♥了她?
DR. COCHRAN: Yes.
是的。
Ever rape anyone else?
可曾强♥奸♥过别的人吗?
No.
没有。
Ever commit a crime before?
以前犯过罪吗?
No.
没有。
You're an oncologist, Dr. Cochran?
你是个肿瘤专家,Cochran先生?
Yes.
是的。
GAMBLE: How much money
你一年可以挣多少钱?
do you make annually?
你一年可以挣多少钱?
DR. COCHRAN: A little over $300,000.
略微超过30万美金。
Family?
有家庭吗?
It's because I have a family,
就是因为我有家庭,
because I have a career.
还有一份事业。
That's why you raped her?
那是你强♥奸♥她的原因吗?
It's why when my brother was arrested,
那是当我哥哥被逮捕后为什么保持沉默的原因。
he stayed silent.
那是当我哥哥被逮捕后为什么保持沉默的原因。
He was prepared to let himself be prosecuted
他准备代人受审
for something he didn't do
他准备代人受审
because he didn't want me to lose all I had.
因为他不想让我失去我所拥有的一切。
Oh, I see. So he was happy
哦,我明白了,
to go to prison for a crime
那么说他会很高兴地去为你去坐牢?
you committed?
那么说他会很高兴地去为你去坐牢?
Yes.
是的。
Well, he must really love you.
那好,他一定很爱你。
He does.
他是的。
He also knows what this will do to our parents.
他也知道这会对我们的父母有什么影响。
I was the one who made it,
我是那个会产生影响的,
the one who finally made the family proud.
我是那个最终让这个家族感到骄傲的人。
He decided he'd sacrifice himself.
他决定他应该牺牲他自己。
GAMBLE: So you said to yourself, sounds good.
所以你对自己说,这样挺不错嘛。
I tried to go along with it for the same reasons,
我因为同样的原因,试图遵从这个做法,
but ultimately I couldn't.
但最终我做不到。
That's why I'm here today, to tell the truth.
也就是我今天出庭的原因,说出事实真♥相♥。
GAMBLE: So, Doctor,
那么,医生,
you know once your brother is acquitted,
你知道一旦你哥哥被判无罪,
double jeopardy applies,
一罪不二审的原则就适用了,
and he can never be retried, right?
他永远不会被重新审判了,对吧?
I'm not a lawyer.
我又不是律师。
GAMBLE: You're not a lawyer.
你不是律师。
Is it your testimony that you don't know
你的证言是说,
once your brother is acquitted,
你不知道一旦你哥哥被判无罪,
he can never be retried?
他永远不会被重新审判了?
I know what double jeopardy is.
我知道什么是一罪不二审。
GAMBLE: So if he's acquitted and you get arrested,
那么,如果他被判无罪,而你被逮捕了,
he can testify at your trial
他可以在对你的审判中作证说是他干的。
that he did it.
他可以在对你的审判中作证说是他干的。
Objection!
反对!
Overruled.
反对被驳回。
My brother is innocent.
我的哥哥是无辜的。
I'm the one who did it.
是我♥干♥的。
YOUNG: I don't like being played for a fool, Doctor.
医生,我不喜欢被人愚弄。
If I told you what I plan to say,
如果我告诉你我打算说什么的话,
would you have called me to testify?
你会让我出庭作证吗?
If it's the truth, yes.
如果那是事实的话,会的。
You don't know what the truth is, okay?
你并不知道事实是什么,对吧?
Well, the jury's gonna know what the truth is
但陪审团会知道真♥相♥的
and I'm telling you better...
我告诉你最好。。。
You just explain it, Counsel.
律师,你只要这么解释就行,
Me and my brother love each other.
我和我弟弟情同手足。
I was willing to get arrested for rape
我宁愿因强♥奸♥罪被捕,
rather than let his career get wrecked.
也不愿让他的事业毁掉。
And when it looked like I might get convicted,
但当我看起来可能被判有罪时,
he came forward to say what happened.
他站出来说出事实。
That was our plan.
这就是我们的计划。
And you just sell that, Counsel,
你只要那这个说服陪审团即可,律师。
because for all you know, it could be the truth.
因为据你所知,这可能是事实。
I know it isn't the truth. That's why I try to...
我知道这不是事实。那就是为什么我要。。。
JERRY: You just sell it.
就这么去说吧。
What's going on?
怎么,回事?
First the DNA and now the twin?
先是DNA的问题,现在冒出来个双胞胎?
Is he going to get off?
他会脱罪了吗?
I hope not.
我希望不会。
I'm so sorry.
很对不起。
This man is in need of serious
这个人需要得到认真的对待
and immediate help.
并立刻提供给他帮助。
Stand up, Mr. O'Malley.
请起立,O'Malley先生。
You eat people?
你吃了人是吗?
Only dead ones, Your Honor.
只吃了死人,法官大人。
I would never harm a living soul,
我绝对不会伤害一个生灵,
never.
绝对不会。
SPINDLE: Can you appreciate how sick it is for you
你能意识到你吃人肉是多么的病态吗?
to consume human flesh?
你能意识到你吃人肉是多么的病态吗?
No one's complained from PETA.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表